1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

'Rush' Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bram, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Looking forward to this. A lof of it was filmed a couple of miles down the road from me at Blackbushe Airfield :)

3. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

Really? I live around 3 miles from there. o.O

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, so um, Pixar's "Turbo" isn't going to hold up to this :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Ive been looking forward to this movie as much as the real F1 season. When you consider the technical and dramatic accuracy of Ron Howards other technical tour de force "Apollo 13" it does more than wet the appetite.
    He gave a great interview at Monaco to Eddie Jordan where he after explaining that he was a Jordan fan that his goal was to
    a) Show non F1 fans what they are missing and
    b) give pleasure and get the approval from the fanbase for doing it accurately.
    This movie could become a racing bigscreen classic. And its been a while really between drinks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Love how they got Niki's austrian accent, it really sounds like him.

7. Oh,the Trailer alone captivated me.That woill be a great movie,for sure...

8. Oh,the Trailer alone captivated me.That will be a great movie,for sure...

9. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    Joker

They did a bit of filming at Brands too which is close to me, wish I knew on the day would have sneaked in....

10. Movie looks cool especially the racing, too bad the actors are second rate.

11. Wow, nice article Howard. I didn't think any other F1 film would be a comparison to 'Senna' But this film looks really awesome!

12. Benedict Venturini

Benedict Venturini
    Benedict Venturini

this looks outstanding

13. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

So you'd rather see Tom Cruise and Christian Bale in lead roles?

The actors in this look and sound like Niki and James, and just going off that trailer this is a film not to be missed by racing fans and everyone else for that matter.

14. I thought the imitatations of the two star drivers were excellent in terms of voices and looks, while the driving sections all looked like sequences shot at low speed. However, will be an interesting watch as I'm just young enough to not remember the real events.

15. you obviously haven't been following the German film scene, the chap playing Lauda, Daniel Brühl, is considered one of the best over here. ever watched "Goodbye Lenin"? Great job, him doing Austrian accented English, love it.

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Re attending the filming they actually advertised for the public to attend so long as they "dressed in period".
    As my old Mod Squad flares and afrro haircut are long gone I declined!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I meant Thor. Dude is terrible, don't take it personally.

18. nice, i'm looking forward to it:)