'Rush' Trailer Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Two-time Academy Award winner Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Frost/Nixon), teams once again with fellow two-time Academy Award nominee, writer Peter Morgan (Frost/Nixon, The Queen), on Rush, a spectacular big-screen re-creation of the merciless 1970s rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

[youtube]

This biographical epic was announced following the success of Senna, a documentary revealing the life of 3-time champion Ayrton Senna.

"After a catastrophic crash at the 1976 German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring that could have killed him, Formula One driver Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl) returns to face his rival James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) in their pursuit of the 1976 World Championship at Fuji in Japan."

It will be interesting to see how the bitter rivalry between Hunt & Lauda will be portrayed, and whether the film stays true to real life events.

Rush was directed by Ron Howard, and the screenplay was written by Peter Morgan, Academy Award nominated writer of films like Frost/Nixon and The Last King of Scotland.

The film is due to be released on September 20th 2013.
View the Post on the Blog

Ive been looking forward to this movie as much as the real F1 season. When you consider the technical and dramatic accuracy of Ron Howards other technical tour de force "Apollo 13" it does more than wet the appetite.
He gave a great interview at Monaco to Eddie Jordan where he after explaining that he was a Jordan fan that his goal was to
a) Show non F1 fans what they are missing and
b) give pleasure and get the approval from the fanbase for doing it accurately.
This movie could become a racing bigscreen classic. And its been a while really between drinks.

Movie looks cool especially the racing, too bad the actors are second rate.
So you'd rather see Tom Cruise and Christian Bale in lead roles?

The actors in this look and sound like Niki and James, and just going off that trailer this is a film not to be missed by racing fans and everyone else for that matter.

I thought the imitatations of the two star drivers were excellent in terms of voices and looks, while the driving sections all looked like sequences shot at low speed. However, will be an interesting watch as I'm just young enough to not remember the real events.

Re attending the filming they actually advertised for the public to attend so long as they "dressed in period".
As my old Mod Squad flares and afrro haircut are long gone I declined!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back