Runs like snails on my pc

All my other sims are smooth as butter but RRE stutters and lags.
Turned v sync off and it only slightly fixed the problem.
The menus lag also and the tracks take weeks to load.
Yes I'm in a grumpy ,downy mood.:(
Was going to splash out on the premium pack but alas the sim is like a slide show.

May buy a swiss ball instead.:D

If you post your PC spec in your post when asking question or having difficulties in a sim it can help to determine the problems,
processor,graphics card,memory,etc.

do you have anything running in the background outside the game.
all i can suggest at present it to turn all settings to minimum graphics wise or use the autosetup.

sorry i cant be much more help.

qx 9650 @ 3.6, 4 gig ram and gtx 570.
Yes I know, I know , a snail PC.

Still runs most racing sims surprisngly well and I can't let go of the old girl.

I tried Raceroom at a lower res than 1080p and it worked very well albeit with a smaller viewing area on the screen.

So I thought AHA! and bought a gtx 1050 ti which has the performance of a gtx 680\770 but needs no power connectors.

Iracing ,I still get around 70 fps at 70 percent detail so she still can dance ,only a quick waltz.
The 1050ti might get her up to do a foxtrot (Gabriel style).

There are a couple of things I would suggest
Lower the number of cars you see on screen to araround 15
Shadows low and split shadows off.
Car reflections to low.
Disable cockpit view in opponents cars.
Try that see how that goes and let us know.
As to loading times that's just the way the game uses the internet and can seem very slow at times, also memory has an effect.

Last edited:
I use similar settings to AMS for the graphics,Getting the gpu do the the Anti Aliasing instead of the game,It has smoothed my graphics out,It might be worth a try,Combined with Kennys advice it should help.
3d 1.jpg
3d 2.jpg

I use similar settings to AMS for the graphics,Getting the gpu do the the Anti Aliasing instead of the game,It has smoothed my graphics out,It might be worth a try,Combined with Kennys advice it should help. View attachment 178722 View attachment 178723
You need to use Nvinspector to add RRRE.exe to replace mss32.exe in the R3E profile though.
Besides that, running with such high AA will not increase performance, TrSSAA is pretty hard even to high end cards.
As example, 8QxMSAA + 8xSGSSAA puts my GTX 1080 down to 62FPS
LNuw9V5.jpg

Also see: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...tings-for-nvidia-cards.4330/page-2#post-56128

Last edited:
From the age of your CPU one might guess that the speed of your PCIe bus comes into play here. Probably only PCIe 1.1 will be supported by your old mainboard.
Important to know that the load on the PCIe bus in ISI engine games is quite high (RRRE being the worst of the pack), actually much higher than in most of the latest AAA game titles!
Check out the new Stowe Circuit; it puts an enormous load on PCIe.

Fortunately this is easy to diagnose using the aforementioned Nvinspector: Switch on its Sensor Monitoring, right-click on the graph and select 'Bus Usage' from the 'Monitors' menu. That usage should be insignificant, relative to the reported GPU usage. If not, you would greatly benefit from a CPU/mainboard upgrade.

Last edited:
The 9650 came out right at that time when PCIe 2.0 chipsets were introduced to the market, so he might or might not have a such mainboard. And if it's only PCIe 1.0/1.1, that would cut performance on most RRRE tracks in half.

The 9650 came out right at that time when PCIe 2.0 chipsets were introduced to the market, so he might or might not have a such mainboard. And if it's only PCIe 1.0/1.1, that would cut performance on most RRRE tracks in half.
Maybe, but Q9650 Extreme on a regular board even if it came before the Q9650?
I had the E stepping version form 08 on a Striker Extreme, switched it out to i7 2600K after I got a GTX580, difference wasn't huge for gaming.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years