Running GSC 2013 with dual GPUs - is it better than just one GPU?

Hi
I'm getting a new pc, and triple monitors.

Haven't decided yet if I should go for one GTX 780ti or two 780s in SLI. I like racesims a lot, and would like to play GSC.

I'd love to know what your experience of GSC 2013 is with GPUs in SLI.

I used to have 2 HD5750 cards in crossfire, running three monitors (5760x1080). They do provide more power than just one card. I have now updated to a single HD7950 3GB and I must say, it causes me less hassle, as I seemed to spend a lot of time trying to get some games to recognise the crossfire capability. Don't get me wrong, it worked very well, but why get two lesser cards if you can afford one better one? (The second card generally only provides about 50% improvement over the first). Can't say if this is the same for Nvidia though.
As for GSC2013, it runs at full detail on my HD7950, and I believe a 780ti should be able to at least match it.

Edit: forgot to mention the three monitors - Fantastic. Two of them packed in recently, but I had to replace them as soon as I could, I cannot imagine racing without them, cannot recommend them enough. They use up more GPU power of course but the HD7950 copes well and so should the 780ti :)

Last edited:
I used to have 2 HD5750 cards in crossfire, running three monitors (5760x1080). They do provide more power than just one card. I have now updated to a single HD7950 3GB and I must say, it causes me less hassle, as I seemed to spend a lot of time trying to get some games to recognise the crossfire capability. Don't get me wrong, it worked very well, but why get two lesser cards if you can afford one better one? (The second card generally only provides about 50% improvement over the first). Can't say if this is the same for Nvidia though.
As for GSC2013, it runs at full detail on my HD7950, and I believe a 780ti should be able to at least match it.

Edit: forgot to mention the three monitors - Fantastic. Two of them packed in recently, but I had to replace them as soon as I could, I cannot imagine racing without them, cannot recommend them enough. They use up more GPU power of course but the HD7950 copes well and so should the 780ti :)
Thanks a lot for your reply, Keith. It's very interesting for me. I'm really excited about the triple monitor setup - it's always good to hear it's worth it.
How do you find GSC2013 graphically? I've only watched YouTube videos and it's hard to tell.

I use a GTX590 with triple 24". you will NEED to get nvidia inspector and setup a custom profile to enable SLI to be used properly and also use it to tweak your graphic settings higher then the game standard levels it offers. My system runs GSC2013 very well with some custom tweaking. I run a i5 2500K @ 4.GB with 16GB RAM
here was my 1st go at a tuturial setting nvidia inspector up (when i had a single screen). same thing though

and here is what you can look forward too... :)

R1-Robbie,
the videos are much appreciated! I've saved the NVidia Inspector tutorial as a guide for when I finally get this pc and monitor setup bought/installed (I've got the monitors and their stand, not yet the pc).
And the Triple Screen video is, indeed, a great reminder of what there is to look forward to. Thanks.
Which sim(s) would you recommend I get first? I was rather into the idea of rF2, but that seems to react badly to SLI/CF.

RF2 i have never got to work properly on mine... i'd pass on it
DEFINITELY GSC2013 or GSCE as its now known will be your best bet to start with... supports multiview for triples properly. i believe you wont really play much else once you see and feel how good GSCE really is.
I only ever play rFactor for a couple of mods now. GTR2 and the simbin series don't support multiview so they look a bit crappy with stretched side screens images. which is a shame as the Power and Glory mod v3 for GTR2 is awesome

RF2 i have never got to work properly on mine... i'd pass on it
DEFINITELY GSC2013 or GSCE as its now known will be your best bet to start with... supports multiview for triples properly. i believe you wont really play much else once you see and feel how good GSCE really is.
I only ever play rFactor for a couple of mods now. GTR2 and the simbin series don't support multiview so they look a bit crappy with stretched side screens images. which is a shame as the Power and Glory mod v3 for GTR2 is awesome
"RF2 i have never got to work properly on mine... i'd pass on it" Yeah, I was beginning to realise that I may have to pass on it. It's a pity though 'cos that was a game I was really hoping to get into (for its physics, the mods, and it seems to have a good sensation of speed too)
Although, check this out http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-w-Multiview-otherwise-OK-w-triples-or-single
There seems to be some possible ad hoc solutions there (but I don't even have a pc yet, so I can't really judge. And I don't even know what HDR is).
I'd be interested to know what you think of it though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back