F1 2014 Rumors

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Game director Paul Jeal said that it was decided to not do DLC for this year's F1 game because the content wouldn't contribute to the Xbox One and PS4 versions of next year's release.

"Anything that we would do as DLC then couldn't be used in 2014, so [extra content in F1 2013 is] probably not something that we're going to look at

Shocked and stunned eh? (Anyone?)

This is what happens when you have to churn out another 'new game' every year. So no surprises there then .....

What we know from Codemasters about the F1 2014

1. Improved resolution and frame-rates up to 1020p (HD) and 60FPS respectively (confirmed).
  2. Real f1 teams simulator data right into the next gen editions.
  3. Even more crisp graphics.

Item 2 = Typical meaningless drivel and hype.It doesn't actually SAY or MEAN anything.

Signed : The Cynical Kid

Most F1 simulators run on either rFactor Pro (Red Bull), Cruden (McLaren) or Assetto Corsa (Ferrari) software.

Games that are already on the market :) Then how would F1 simulator data from example rFactor fit into F1 2014? In previous years the game didn't even use realistic physics values for setups. Something the other games do.

Sounds like marketing again unless those quotes aren't from CM themselves.

I'd be more impressed with the stories in those links if they weren't all from the middle of last year.

By now, we should be getting "this is what's in F2014" rumours.

The Formula 1 teams are well known for being very reserved about their "data", they try to keep their secrets hidden as much as possible. Who's going to believe that they're going to share the data from their simulators with a videogames company?

Laptimes are data. You can have those. Maybe even some basic telemetry (throttle, brake, speed) and GPS data for your AI, you could probably have those too. For a fee :D

Also the teams might be Marussia and Caterham.

The first and last video is a public simulator, not a simulator at their factories. And there are no signs of them being the games/simulators you suggest they are. Just because they look like it, doesn't mean they are. They could be completely different, which i also think they are, the real simulators.

The Ferrari one has same icons, lap time display, identical graphics etc as Assetto Corsa, which is a simulator made by an Italian developer. Hardly likely to be just a pure coincedence.

The last video i found linked to from Cruden's site advertising the McLaren using their simulator.

The Ferrari one has same icons, lap time display, identical graphics etc as Assetto Corsa, which is a simulator made by an Italian developer. Hardly likely to be just a pure coincedence.

The last video i found linked to from Cruden's site advertising the McLaren using their simulator.

Assetto Corsa is an alpha version. I don't believe you are right. One of the top teams in the world wouldn't want to use an alpha version of anything.

10525567_743388109033557_196079075_n1_zpse15078cd.jpg

Just looking into the codemasters forum, this appeared for some minutes this night according to some.
Maybe news are near!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years