Rumor: Fanatec ClubSport pedals v3 on the way?

A guy did some datamining on a Fanatec driver and found these babies:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Read the thread over at Reddit for some more info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/38tdvn/image_of_fanatec_clubsport_pedals_v3_from_the/

They sure look sweet!

Finally got around to installing my CSP v3's today. Had them since Wednesday but been too busy to get to them. I haven't installed the optional damper yet on the brake pedals, that's tomorrow's project but I thought some people might want to know how I feel about them in comparison to the CSR Elites I've been using for a year now.

Throttle - feels practically identical to the CSR Elites, its probably more accurate on the CSP v3's due to the new and much improved Hall sensors, but the actual feel of the pedal itself feels identical to the CSR Elites. No complaints here though, feels like an old hat and I liked the CSR Elite throttle pedal anyway.

Brake - certainly a step up in feel compared to the CSR Elites. I think its the new and improved load cell and possibly the pre-load adjustment. It just feels extremely smooth. With the CSR Elites, even though they do have a load cell, they just doesn't feel as smooth when you're pressing hard against the load cell. Hard to explain I suppose but its a very positive improvement over the CSR Elites. Can't wait to see how the damper affects it.

Clutch - I thought I would love the digressive clutch pedal since its supposed to feel like a real clutch pedal but to be honest, it just doesn't, at least not like any of the manual vehicles I've driven. They've certainly tried to mimic the feeling but it just doesn't to me. It feels very mechanical and I think the lack of pedal travel is part of the problem as well since most clutch pedals have far more travel, thus it feels like there's more range before hitting the clutch release and bite point, but because the pedal travel is so short, it just doesn't feel like there's much range so you basically go from pushing with slight resistance to full digression and against the pedal stop which doesn't feel natural to me. In this case, unless I make some more adjustments to my liking, I prefer the CSR Elite clutch pedal.

Overall I like the pedal set and I certainly hope they're more reliable than the CSP v2's that they replaced, but at this point I can't say its a night and day difference in performance or feel over the CSR Elites. They're pretty though and I'm sure that will win some people over for that alone. I do like that you can now adjust the brake force from the Fanatec tuning menu on your Fanatec wheel with these pedals. Its pretty awesome to be able to adjust for more or less brake force on the fly if you have a car that locks up easier than another, its pretty easy to adjust the brake force to make it next to impossible to reach full brake pressure and stop any locking up or vice versa making it easier to apply full pressure if the car doesn't lock up easily.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your thoughts. I have the Elite's too and have been considering the upgrade. Good to hear about the brake (I feel the same about the Elite's load cell) not so great news about the clutch. Love to hear more about the damper and brake improvement.

Out of curiosity, did you connect your Elite's to the PC or through the wheel? Fanatec is advertising 4x better resolution than the V2's but I think they mean if connected through the wheel. Can you sense more accuracy/detail here? ...I'd be sold on getting the same level with having one less wire heading to the back of my computer, to be honest.

Still on the fence post as yet, but my Elite's do seem to be getting old...

Upvote 0
Thanks for your thoughts. I have the Elite's too and have been considering the upgrade. Good to hear about the brake (I feel the same about the Elite's load cell) not so great news about the clutch. Love to hear more about the damper and brake improvement.

Out of curiosity, did you connect your Elite's to the PC or through the wheel? Fanatec is advertising 4x better resolution than the V2's but I think they mean if connected through the wheel. Can you sense more accuracy/detail here? ...I'd be sold on getting the same level with having one less wire heading to the back of my computer, to be honest.

Still on the fence post as yet, but my Elite's do seem to be getting old...

I have not seen the exact details of what Fantec is saying with the increased resolution other than it was my understanding that the older CSP v1's and v2's used 256 steps of resolution when connected to a Fanatec wheel and the new CSP v3's use 1024 steps which is just what I've read from the Fantec blog/forum. To be honest, I had run my CSR Elites direct to PC through USB and also direct to wheel just for comparison and that should have been 1024 steps direct to PC vs 256 steps direct to wheel and I never noticed enough difference to warrant leaving them connected direct to the PC even though there was a theoretical advantage. Just having one less USB connection to my PC as well as being able to keep the pedals connected to the wheel for when I wanted to use my Fanatec wheel on a console was worth leaving them connected direct to the wheel. I haven't noticed any perceived accuracy with the V3's connected directly to the wheel but as stated, I never noticed enough difference between 256 steps vs 1024 anyway, your mileage may vary, fitting pun for a sim racing forum.

Upvote 0
Interesting, indeed. Yes. Not sure I'd notice much either. May just lose the connection to the PC and check it out myself as well. Odd that Fanatec is posting V3's have 12 bit resolution (1024 steps?) but the Elites show 10bit and are also 1024 steps thru the PC. ...other conveniences are probably also worth the upgrade tho - on wheel brake adjustments are just a great add.

I think the big thing I'd like to improve is brake feel. I just don't get a consistent feel anymore. No pressure memory here. Keep us posted on how things go with the damper kit and if you feel they are worth the premium. Already read at Fanatec a user stating they audibly click if set past 3. Hopefully, a one off...

Still really interested in these pedals they sure look a great piece of kit.

Upvote 0
Day two, got the damper installed on the brake pedal, certainly does enhance the brake pedal feel. Feels extremely realistic now short of using a true hydraulic brake. I also swapped out the throttle spring with the stiffer spring that comes with the pedals which is a nice improvement as well. Now the throttle feels considerably different than the Elites but I really prefer a stiffer throttle pedal, some may not. I still don't care for the digressive clutch for the same reasons I listed above, not enough travel, but I'll say that the CSP v3's overall are a noticeable improvement over the Elites in feel. Time will tell if they're as reliable as the Elites but I sure hope they're more reliable than the v2's. I'm pretty convinced that between the CSR Elites and the CSP v3's, there's no better pedal options under $300 at any price point.

Upvote 0
i´m curios about the FFB-motors they added to the brake- and throttle-pedals.
Can you tell sth. about your experience with that ? Is it any good or just a nice foot-massage ? :)

They are not strong at all and I can't say that I've noticed the motor on the throttle at all but I have noticed the brake motor occasionally.

Upvote 0
Hey @Blkout, been reading on the Fanatec forum - may want to check your clutch. Some folks are reporting a short travel as well. But most are reporting it should have the same travel as the V2s. Just a thought, as it should travel all the way to the rubber stop.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

You should check Fanatec blog for more feedback from users, some happy, some not
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/162/introducing-the-new-clubsport-pedals-v3-update/p1
Typical Fanatec, great when it works. :(
One of my damper kits started leaking oil already and both were clicking under compression. Both RMAed now.
Moving from G27 with Ricmotech load cell, I think there is very marginal improvement, brake with damper kit is nice though, feels "almost real".
Still on the fence if money spent wisely, reliability concern mostly. But the only other pedals I consider are HPP PRX, and they are not really available yet, so I think I can perfectly live with those for now.

Upvote 0
Hey @Blkout, been reading on the Fanatec forum - may want to check your clutch. Some folks are reporting a short travel as well. But most are reporting it should have the same travel as the V2s. Just a thought, as it should travel all the way to the rubber stop.

Thanks but the clutch pedal has full travel, it just not nearly as much travel as a real car.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back