Rumor: Fanatec ClubSport pedals v3 on the way?

A guy did some datamining on a Fanatec driver and found these babies:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Read the thread over at Reddit for some more info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/38tdvn/image_of_fanatec_clubsport_pedals_v3_from_the/

They sure look sweet!

I think its wonderful that there's a handful of people in the world that have working CSP v2's, congrats to the few of you. The rest of the world seems to have serious reliability issues with them, hence the reason I'm sure that the v3's are being released. Thomas even said on the Fanatec blog that they've been improved for reliability so you lucky few people in the world can keep drinking from the river of denial all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the overall reliability of the v2 pedals are far less than even Fanatec is willing to accept. All of the improvements in the Fanatec CSW v2 likely wouldn't exist right now had the v1 been more reliable but thankfully they got tired of fixing the CSW v1 so they went back to the drawing board. I suspect the CSP v3's will have improved reliability also which is good for the consumer.
Could you please link me the statistics to prove this rather momentous claim that "the rest of the world" has issues with their clubsport pedals?
I could claim the same about the CSR Elite pedals, I've had mine for 2 years and they are already broken (just as true a statement as "I've had mine for almost a year and have had NO problems).
Also I've had issues with mine being noisy and squeaky since a few weeks after I got them, so while I have been very happy with them I sure don't put them on such a high pedestal as you seem, they are OK, a good buy, but nothing spectacular.

I don't know if there's any official photos of the new pedals but they absolutely do exist. People have already asked Thomas directly if the v2 pedals they have on order will be upgraded to the v3 pedals or if they should cancel their order and order the V3's when they're available and Thomas replied that all existing orders will be automatically upgraded to the newest version.
Did you not see the video linked a few posts above yours? The pedals are indeed real, they've announced them on their FB page.
They still don't seem to support inversion though, which is a bummer.

Upvote 0
Could you please link me the statistics to prove this rather momentous claim that "the rest of the world" has issues with their clubsport pedals?
I could claim the same about the CSR Elite pedals, I've had mine for 2 years and they are already broken (just as true a statement as "I've had mine for almost a year and have had NO problems).
Also I've had issues with mine being noisy and squeaky since a few weeks after I got them, so while I have been very happy with them I sure don't put them on such a high pedestal as you seem, they are OK, a good buy, but nothing spectacular.

Did you not see the video linked a few posts above yours? The pedals are indeed real, they've announced them on their FB page.
They still don't seem to support inversion though, which is a bummer.

Just general internet research and there's plenty of it out there. As for your statement about the CSR Elites, would you not agree that load cells are a wear and tire item? If that was the only issue with the CSP v2's, you wouldn't hear nearly as many complaints, but the issues with faulty PCB's and hall sensors is unacceptable. Would you also not agree that a "squeak" is not the same as completely unfunctional pedals? Not to say that there aren't a good share of people that complain that the CSP v2's squeak too. If you want to take a chance on the CSP v2's, then go for it, I wish you luck. Pay twice as much as the CSR Elites for a product that stands a much greater chance of breaking than the CSR Elites...not sure I see the appeal.

I'm not sure I understand your second statement, I didn't deny there are v3's on the way. I even stated that if you purchased v2's recently. You will get the newest version per Thomas' blog statement on the Fanatec Website.

Upvote 0
V3 have been announced on Fanatec site.

Some parts are optional (brake and throttle dampers but maybe more ?). It would be good to have more visibility on release schedule for those parts.

Upvote 0
Just general internet research and there's plenty of it out there. As for your statement about the CSR Elites, would you not agree that load cells are a wear and tire item? If that was the only issue with the CSP v2's, you wouldn't hear nearly as many complaints, but the issues with faulty PCB's and hall sensors is unacceptable. Would you also not agree that a "squeak" is not the same as completely unfunctional pedals? Not to say that there aren't a good share of people that complain that the CSP v2's squeak too. If you want to take a chance on the CSP v2's, then go for it, I wish you luck. Pay twice as much as the CSR Elites for a product that stands a much greater chance of breaking than the CSR Elites...not sure I see the appeal.

I'm not sure I understand your second statement, I didn't deny there are v3's on the way. I even stated that if you purchased v2's recently. You will get the newest version per Thomas' blog statement on the Fanatec Website.
The problem is that "general internet research" will yield you mostly the posts of people who have experienced problems and feel the need to go public with their issues, the users that has no issues with their pedals tend NOT to go about posting about not having issues on forums, they are the silent majority.
So unless you have Fanatecs actual sales numbers to weigh against the number of unique individuals that have posted online about problems with their pedals, you do in fact have nothing, no statistical evidence, not even a qualified hunch about how big the problem is.

As for my pedals squeaking, I've had the usual squeak from joints and springs that you'll find on CSPs too, these are not much of an issue as a quick spray of lube will silence them for a long time. The squeaking and clunking I'm talking about come from the entire build of the pedals twisting and giving from the force of my foot applying 25-35kgs of braking force, simply because the construction is not rigid enough to withstand the forces without twisting, and it's become worse with time.
I understand that this is a compromise, for the asking price I think they are very well built, but they are not as rigid and sturdy as the CSPs seem to be, and for sure not the Prototechsim pedals!
Loadcells on Fanatec pedals seem to be a wear and tear item, but only for the same reason as stated above, they've opted for a cheaper and low pressure sensor, which will break, rather than oversizing it a bit and having them last for years and years.
I've seen sensors like these last 10+ years in scales used to measure a metric ton, it's just a question of choosing the right sensor for the job.

Upvote 0
@Kjell Eilertsen

You certainly won't get an argument out of me that there are better pedals than anything Fanatec offers if you're willing to spend more money. Fanatec just realizes most people aren't willing to pay that much, not even $200+ for pedals alone so they have to cut corners to keep cost down. With the Protech pedals there may finally be a better alternative for near the CSP price tag. Time will tell.

Upvote 0
I'm excited and look forward to the V3! I've owned the V2 version since 2012 and had the V1 version before that. I put hundreds of hours of racing on them. Yes, I did have to replace a load cell in my V2 last summer, but replacing a load cell or even the hall sensors is easy and cheap (BTW, I never had a hall sensor or circuit board fail). Sure there are higher end pedals out there, but at many times the cost. In my opinion, Fanatec builds the best sim racing pedals for the money (I can say the same about both their V1 and V2 CSW wheel base). No one else is even close.

Upvote 0
I bought 2 sets of CSP v1 in October of 2010 and I believe they were the first batch available in Australia. Never had any problems. Very quiet, no noise whatsoever and only thing I ever do is use the outdoor leaf blower or the small vacuum to out the dust. I just sold one set with a wheel but it still worked same as day one like the ones I kept.

I plan to buy a new set of CSP v3 anyway because they look extremely good and comparing against other high end pedals I have read about I do not see where the cost in those is as the csp v3 appear to be very high quality with 12bit hall sensors and what looks like a very well designed brake system with 90kg loadcell. The damper system is a bonus to buy later. Why would you spend double or triple the price on those other pedals ?

Upvote 0
My CSP v2 pedals' gas does a lot of crazy spiking in the lower third of it's range. The gas also sometimes stops going to full throttle and I have to unplug and plug back in the USB to my PC. Sometimes I get less of the full throttle issue with different USB ports which is really weird but even on the "good" port it still sometimes happens. This is ridiculous. I had G25 pedals for like 10 years and they never had the spiking issues or the unplug/re-plug USB issue (full throttle issue).

The full throttle issue sometimes happens less depending on the USB port (weird) but the spiking issue always happens no matter what.

Is it that difficult to get a sensor to consistently read when much less expensive pedals did/do it just fine?

Also, why do you go from 1024 steps to only 256 steps on the pedals if you plug them into your Fanatec wheel VS on their own (directly to PC)? WTF? If the pedals are capable of 1024 steps, why would Fanatec make their own hardware (wheel) kill a feature of another product of theirs (pedals) which are often used together and supposed to compliment eachother? That's just messed-up. Who the heck decided on that one? Lol.

Upvote 0
This is ridiculous. I had G25 pedals for like 10 years and they never had the spiking issues or the unplug/re-plug USB issue (full throttle issue).
"I had a Lada Niva for 10 years without a problem, then bought a Ferrari, it broke within 6 months, so Lada are much better cars than Ferrari" /Logic
Things you buy break, deal with it.

s it that difficult to get a sensor to consistently read when much less expensive pedals did/do it just fine?
Much less expensive pedals can suffer from this problem too, do some searching on google. Just because you didn't experience it doesn't mean all copies of the same product where flawless. Now whether this happens more often on Fanatec equipment than others is something worth discussing, but sadly it's something neither you, me or anyone else on this forum know for sure, and we never will.

Also, why do you go from 1024 steps to only 256 steps on the pedals if you plug them into your Fanatec wheel VS on their own (directly to PC)? WTF? If the pedals are capable of 1024 steps, why would Fanatec make their own hardware (wheel) kill a feature of another product of theirs (pedals) which are often used together and supposed to compliment eachother? That's just messed-up. Who the heck decided on that one? Lol.
There's a hardware limitation going on there somewhere, either bandwidth issues over USB, or the processor inside the wheel can't handle that resolution and would have to be replaced with a much more expensive version, or something completely different. I'm quite sure that if you could keep the resolution going through the wheel easily, Fanatec would let you do it, it's not something they added to punish you.
I don't see the problem though, as connecting the pedals through your wheel is pretty much a console feature, and I don't see the lower resolution being a problem on console games anyways.

Upvote 0
Happy as a pig in mud with my CSR Elites. Not a single problem with them as smooth and quiet as the day I got them and the load cell hasn't shown any signs of wear. My GT2 wheel has coped 4 years of abuse without a single issue..and it was supposed to be a dud product. The problem with the internet is you usually only hear from the disgruntled owners.

The CS Pedals V3 page in case anyone can't find it: http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html
Does anyone know whats happening with the Elites? On Australia's Fanatec page they have been listed as out of stock for ages.

Upvote 0

I believe he's just one of Fanatec's factory workers that builds their products and can't take criticism of his own work. Instead he would rather you direct your frustration as a consumer to Fanatec's customer service department instead of dealing with the root cause which is poor quality control at the factory where he works. You just have to know how he is and ignore him since he adds nothing of value to this forum and coincidentally you only hear from him when there's a Fanatec topic.

Happy as a pig in mud with my CSR Elites. Not a single problem with them as smooth and quiet as the day I got them and the load cell hasn't shown any signs of wear. My GT2 wheel has coped 4 years of abuse without a single issue..and it was supposed to be a dud product. The problem with the internet is you usually only hear from the disgruntled owners.

The CS Pedals V3 page in case anyone can't find it: http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html
Does anyone know whats happening with the Elites? On Australia's Fanatec page they have been listed as out of stock for ages.

The CSR Elites are excellent for the money, no doubt.

As for your comment about how you usually only hear from disgruntled owners on the internet is pure BS. There are plenty of happy people that will discuss positive experiences with products and even recommend them when they're really good. It seems any time there's a product with a less than stellar reputation someone comes along and says "you only hear from disgruntled owners on the internet", its a weak attempt to make people think products with real problems are just blown out of proportion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back