• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Rules Suggestions/Improvements

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Bananaman, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,

Would anyone like to present some ideas on rules/restrictions/penalties they would like to see implemented in to RMT Racing?

Please bear in mind, suggestions need to be realistic and have some actual identifiers. Stuff like the below isn't suitable;

* Ban Driver X for Crashing In To Me

An immediate ban is unlikely to happen on any racers first incident, so asking for this isn't worthwhile. I would also expect some video evidence to be presented to backup any claims. We may have to accept this as a mandatory feature?

Some possible ideas;

* - 3 Strikes Rule - 3 Accumulated AND Verified Incidents in one race or more, would equal a ban, length TBD.
    * - All racing Incidents and Claims MUST be verified with Video Evidence.
    * - Any Verified Claims of Lag, by Multiple Drivers will result in the Racer being asked to leave the Lobby. The Racer will not be allowed to re-enter a Lobby until they have proven the lag has been resolved during a Midweek Lobby
    * - All New/Potential Racers must be vetted before entering the Official Racing League. A Minimum of two 25% Midweek Lobbies must be completed.

I could go on with some ideas, but I won't. These are just my thoughts on how we can improve, and if this is going to continue, I would like to hear some of yours.

J

2. Dominik Welge

Dominik Welge

Ratings:
    +6
    the biggist problem will always be to prove who is right or wrong. So from my point of view it is a good idea that EVERYBODY records his own race and we can judge about all the bad situation later on and can discuss if there should be a penalty or not! for example, crashing somebody out,1 race ban (if it was on purpose or way to agressive) and if it hapens again we also could gie a ban for the whole season

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sam Eaton

Sam Eaton

Ratings:
    +467
    Typically if you want to report an incident you need video evidence, and if the other guy chooses not to record then they must use the video they have to make a decision. Might be difficult to enforce recording on people that's all.

Suggest looking at the other league rules in place - some have a very strict set of rules and even a panel of trusted 'stewards' who are there to be impartial and make a decision based on the videos.

League racing is supposed to be completely different to a standard lobby. I've had my best moments in F1 racing hard but completely fair with other members in previous RaceDepartment leagues but I don't see how implementing rules is going to help us get to that.

People need to race like they're in a league, respecting the other drivers they race with over 20 or so weeks - not like it's an all or nothing multiplayer lobby.

I've had some super shitty races last few weeks (some my fault, some others) - going to stick with it for now but let's try to race according to the RaceDepartment club race ettiquette:

"Events at RaceDepartment.com are therefore governed by our Licensed Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:

When you apply for a licensed membership your forum name will be changed to your real name. We always use our real names on the forum and when we race online. There are no exceptions.
    When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. If the event uses a two race format then you are expected to be present for both races.
    If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents. Return to the pitbox safely and repair your car to continue the race.

If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
    Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.
    Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.

Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.

If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident.

Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc."

The text above is old and I can't find it on RD anymore, but you get the jist hopefully.

Sorry for the wall of text :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Runic

Runic

Ratings:
    +27
    I think a Quali-ban would be a good idea if you have had an accident that has cost someone lots of time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PietFace

PietFace

Ratings:
    +11
    I think it would be usefull to apply time penalty's after the race. So if you have video proof that someone made a mistake and had an advantage you give the video to the appointed stewards. Just so that the finishing position can change due to a penalty. Maybe this way we'd get that people drive more aware of other people.

If no one is available to be steward, I'll be one

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wouter Exel

Wouter Exel

Ratings:
    +134
    100% agree!

7. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
  8. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
  9. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    I wanted to see a penalty system too but we have to find someone who wants to do the steward thing.. It takes 1 hour to finish a race of 50% if there is no problems.
    I know of the aol league mattyg is a good steward with another guy he makes it fun to watch the youtube video's they make.
    I dont have the software to do it, and i am not that good when it come's to stewarding.
    But maybe someone could stand up for it? (Without lagging the lobby ofcourse)

10. PietFace

PietFace

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't think we need someone who is not racing to be a steward. We can do a system that if you think someond deserves a penalty you need to back it up with a video of the crash. So that everybody can drive and if there wouldbe a penalty it will be posted on the forum

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Pietface take this with a grain of salt!
    Wich forum? And why not have someone record the whole race.
    Why not have a life steward like in the real world?
    By the way
    zondag 18 december 2016
    Rico Nosberg: die start crash was dani op mij en ik kon alleen nog glijden... sorry

Why dont u answer on steam? Did i hurt you in any way? Questions questions.

12. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I agree with Piet on this one. Having one person record the whole race, would still allow for incidents to be missed. I think people should provide their recordings to the designated steward after the race and action will be taken once agreed with a RMT Racing Leader.

Also, I don't think there is any need to bring anything additional/personal issues to the forum. Whilst I probably would have replied to the Steam message, some people would see it as a message which didn't require a response. Let's leave it there.

13. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Grain of salt meens take it with a smile, i dont want to hurt you by saying stupid stuff.
    You obviously never seen a episode of AOR league by MattyG

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  14. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    I don't know how that is done, but the transition between Sauber and Ferarri at 26.20 is impressive. Would be good to know. I also know AOR Require all Racers to record. Perhaps it's Edited afterward using all recordings?

15. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Yes i do think they make it later, but as i sayd i aint got the software to do it.
    If i had software to cut out work with it.. i would be the first to stand up and do it.

16. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Ok, still goes back to everyone recording and therefore, Stewarding after the events have happened, no?

17. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    The only thing that was stewarded was the 20 sec penalty of Dani in Hungary.
    In AOR you get a quali ban or something 5 place gridpenalty wont work as we all are on the gridspots.