Rubens: Racing is in my blood

Rubens-Barrichello_2684428.jpg

On Tuesday, Williams confirmed that Barrichello's days with the team were over as they announced that Bruno Senna would partner Pastor Maldonado this season.

And even though the announcement means that Barrichello's 19-year F1 career reached its end, the Brazilian was one of the first to congratulate Senna.
"I won't be driving the Williams car this year," he wrote on Twitter. "I wish my friend @BSenna all the best... the future is wide open."

The 39-year-old's "wide open" comment raised eyebrows and speculation as many are wondering where his future could lie.

For now it looks undecided although Barrichello seems determined to remain in motor racing.

He added on Twitter: "When I said that things were open is because I still have lot's of speed on me... just like an old friend said: racing is in my blood."

source

I hope he will continue racing in an official FIA series. World Endurance, GT1 or maybe WTCC? The latter would be great to give the series a boost and I think Volvo still has a space left :)

Other options: IndyCar, Nascar, V8 Stock Car Brazil? Maybe he can beat Helio on the brickyard? :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back