1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubens: Racing is in my blood

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Jan 20, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    On Tuesday, Williams confirmed that Barrichello's days with the team were over as they announced that Bruno Senna would partner Pastor Maldonado this season.

And even though the announcement means that Barrichello's 19-year F1 career reached its end, the Brazilian was one of the first to congratulate Senna.
    The 39-year-old's "wide open" comment raised eyebrows and speculation as many are wondering where his future could lie.

For now it looks undecided although Barrichello seems determined to remain in motor racing.

He added on Twitter: "When I said that things were open is because I still have lot's of speed on me... just like an old friend said: racing is in my blood."

2. Le Mans hopefully.
  3. I think he'd have a really good time there!! Theres a lot of the older generation of driver in the LMS. Good luck to him whatever he chooses!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I hope he will continue racing in an official FIA series. World Endurance, GT1 or maybe WTCC? The latter would be great to give the series a boost and I think Volvo still has a space left :)

Other options: IndyCar, Nascar, V8 Stock Car Brazil? Maybe he can beat Helio on the brickyard? :)
  5. Good point there Bram, seeing as he´s an avid fan of SCB he might possibly try that. It´s close to home as well assuming he still lives in Brazil.
  6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

He does, or his family at least.
  7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Rubens has said that he promised his family he wouldn't race on ovals.
  8. Loz Reid

Loz Reid
    Premium Member

Rubens plays STCC2, maybe we'll see him on RD :)
  9. I would love to see him in WTCC and Le Mans before he becomes to old to turn a steering wheel. :)
    He is just 39 years old after all! :eek:
  10. He´s got at the very least 10 years still i think. Especially in WTCC/STCC/BTCC where the toll on your body is less harsh then a full-on 24H race.

I doubt he would have any trouble finding a seat though ;)