F1 2013 Rubbered In Track

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some help guys.

I stole this image from another thread
Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

My game does not rubber in like that, even with max settings. It hasn't rubbered in like that since 2010, and I haven't got it working since.

For guys who do get the rubbering in track, can you post your specs/game settings? I'd love to see this effect.

@MarkVenom

There has been no 'rubbering in' line since the pre-patched F1 2010. They took it out post patch, and didn't implement it in 2011 or 2012 at all.

They've always had the drying line, but experienced some problems with it in 2011 and promptly fixed it.

Yes I believe they will fix and patch it. They have many more tools at their disposal and more insight into the game (they did write the code after all!).

So yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll come up with a fix.

@ lawyer : you are the only one acting like a juvenile here mate ! after reading your posts here and on cm forums you come across immature & seeking hero status. News Flash ! you fixed nothing but happened to find that a 30fps limit is a workaround of sorts ... get over yourself !!!!!

Frankly your negativity stinks and CM have now acknowledged the problem & indicated they will try to patch it... that is good enough for most of us who enjoy the game regardless :)

@MarkVenom

There has been no 'rubbering in' line since the pre-patched F1 2010. They took it out post patch, and didn't implement it in 2011 or 2012 at all.

They've always had the drying line, but experienced some problems with it in 2011 and promptly fixed it.

Yes I believe they will fix and patch it. They have many more tools at their disposal and more insight into the game (they did write the code after all!).

So yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll come up with a fix.

Let us wait and see. But let's agree, that we would want to see the fix before June 2014 please.

@ lawyer : you are the only one acting like a juvenile here mate ! after reading your posts here and on cm forums you come across immature & seeking hero status. News Flash ! you fixed nothing but happened to find that a 30fps limit is a workaround of sorts ... get over yourself !!!!!

Frankly your negativity stinks and CM have now acknowledged the problem & indicated they will try to patch it... that is good enough for most of us who enjoy the game regardless :)
There can be no TRY! It needs a fix not now but YESTERDAY. This is ongoing since years buddy. Negativity is not this person's fault but CM's. They had years and with this years AAA price tag I demand better. Reality check mate.

Well that does not constitute a commitment to release a patch fixing it..

While the statement made by Hatta could be construed as conjecture me Lord, I would still like to enter it as evidence that at least the matter is being looked into, though I concur it may be speculative to assume a fix will be forthcoming.

Seriously though, I've also been through all their letdowns, buying as I did 10, 11 & 12 (and now 13), so I know where you're coming from.

This is ongoing since years buddy. Negativity is not this person's fault but CM's. They had years and with this years AAA price tag I demand better.

Omfg. No, this hasn't been an issue for years. Did you even read what I posted before?
This rubbered in track effect hasn't been present in the franchise since pre-patched F1 2010.

2011 had a small drying line issue, and it got fixed very quickly. So how on earth can you sit there and say "Ohhh no there's no possible way they could ever fix this! They're all useless blah blah blah". It's rubbish mate.

SMH.

There can be no TRY! It needs a fix not now but YESTERDAY. This is ongoing since years buddy. Negativity is not this person's fault but CM's. They had years and with this years AAA price tag I demand better. Reality check mate.

Yeah I know, reality check mate is that crying like a 2 year old with a busted toy won't produce a fix for this or any other bug in the game :rolleyes:

They are humans too and simply slamming and berating them constantly, which is what always happens mostly on the CM forums, cannot give them any motivation or confidence to fix things. Doesn't matter how much money you paid or how much you "demand" :thumbsdown:

This years release is the most playable yet and the racing is still fantastic but hey that is just my opinion... I have played every year though :cool: and I believe they will fix most if not all the bugs highlighted.

Yeah I know, reality check mate is that crying like a 2 year old with a busted toy won't produce a fix for this or any other bug in the game :rolleyes:

They are humans too and simply slamming and berating them constantly, which is what always happens mostly on the CM forums, cannot give them any motivation or confidence to fix things. Doesn't matter how much money you paid or how much you "demand" :thumbsdown:

This years release is the most playable yet and the racing is still fantastic but hey that is just my opinion... I have played every year though :cool: and I believe they will fix most if not all the bugs highlighted.

+999999999r

This years game is easily the best and least buggy BY FAR.

People have just built up such a tendency to complain and moan, when 9/10 times it's actually their fault they're not enjoying the game because they can't play it properly.
Like people complaining about tyre wear.

That's not to say there are no bugs at all, but it's vastly reduced and those that do exist will be fixed.

Omfg. No, this hasn't been an issue for years. Did you even read what I posted before?
This rubbered in track effect hasn't been present in the franchise since pre-patched F1 2010.

2011 had a small drying line issue, and it got fixed very quickly. So how on earth can you sit there and say "Ohhh no there's no possible way they could ever fix this! They're all useless blah blah blah". It's rubbish mate.

SMH.
Yes it has. You need to read through years of posts I think. And as long as companies are charging a TOP dollar they need to deliver a top product. And the F1 series of CM get more boring by the year. Sorry mate. And yes the rubber was always a feature, that never really worked and after what now-6years-of overall development time they still cannot get it right? Come on man! Stop being a fan boy here. The game has STILL so many shortcomings, that it is an outrage giving a license for this. And as someone else said: This game is the most bug-free rendition of the series leads me to think, that I should be grateful for it. Far from it. A product sold for 79.00 dollars has to be bug free. They are professionals right? I don't care what your opinion is btw. I only care for telling how I see it. If this resonates with you- fine - if not - fine. Facts are facts-and CM should stop making wanna-be racing sims and concentrate on their arcade ****.

While the statement made by Hatta could be construed as conjecture me Lord, I would still like to enter it as evidence that at least the matter is being looked into, though I concur it may be speculative to assume a fix will be forthcoming.

Seriously though, I've also been through all their letdowns, buying as I did 10, 11 & 12 (and now 13), so I know where you're coming from.
Yeah well.....at least they seem to have improved on their response times regarding community work. So much can be seen-lets hope this is a sign of things to come in other areas. Shall I really give them the benefit of the utter doubt I wonder?

This is defeatist BULLSHIT. I will not take an almost bug-free AAA game as something to be happy about. I see this as a fail with great potential at best. They are humans, yes. They are a profit oriented company, yes. I am a paying client, yes. May I complain about product quality as a paying client, yes. Enough said. Go home.

Yes it has. You need to read through years of posts I think. And as long as companies are charging a TOP dollar they need to deliver a top product. And the F1 series of CM get more boring by the year. Sorry mate. And yes the rubber was always a feature, that never really worked and after what now-6years-of overall development time they still cannot get it right? Come on man! Stop being a fan boy here. The game has STILL so many shortcomings, that it is an outrage giving a license for this. And as someone else said: This game is the most bug-free rendition of the series leads me to think, that I should be grateful for it. Far from it. A product sold for 79.00 dollars has to be bug free. They are professionals right? I don't care what your opinion is btw. I only care for telling how I see it. If this resonates with you- fine - if not - fine. Facts are facts-and CM should stop making wanna-be racing sims and concentrate on their arcade ****.

I'm confused, why are you here if you hate this game so much?

And no, the rubbering in line was removed after the first patch in F1 2010. After that it wasn't included in 2011 or 2012. The track would get grippier over the course of a weekend, but it wouldn't visually develop a rubbered line.

That is absolute fact! 100%

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just stating a simple fact that you seem to be ignoring.

F1 2013 does feature this visual rubbered line, but it's been problematic, some get it, some don't.
Codemasters are looking into it and my money is that they'll fix it. Because it's a good addition.

If you don't like their product, then leave.
And the fact that you state you only care about my opinion if it agrees with your view points to the fact you're very naive about this patching process.

If you can show me a game released with zero bugs, then I'll show you a liar.

"If you can show me a game released with zero bugs, then I'll show you a liar. "

Talk to the morons who made NASCAR the Game 2013... they REFUSE to listen to anything negative about their crappy game... its almost pathetic!

Hope that what i said was not being construed as complaining- i love this version (tho i think im still one of the few who still plays F1 2010!) and im thankful for the community who is able to look deeper into an isolated issue as this and give feedback to the people at CM, and even more so that they are "looking into it"

If you have a Display Unit that can do 60hz and Nvidia Card

Using NVIDIA control panel -- Manage 3d settings -- Program Settings --F1 2013
Set Vertical sync to adaptive Half refresh rate, I also set Maximum Pre-rendered Frames to 4, which smooths the strobe effect and actually helped with contoller too.

If you cannot use above method then using software NV inspector or ATI equivalent, you can limit frame rate to 30.

While this is not ideal for many players and does take a little getting used to at first, it does make a huge difference from my observations in how the game plays and some of the issues that I have had and read on these forums.

If you have a Display Unit that can do 60hz and Nvidia Card

Using NVIDIA control panel -- Manage 3d settings -- Program Settings --F1 2013
Set Vertical sync to adaptive Half refresh rate, I also set Maximum Pre-rendered Frames to 4, which smooths the strobe effect and actually helped with contoller too.

If you cannot use above method then using software NV inspector or ATI equivalent, you can limit frame rate to 30.

While this is not ideal for many players and does take a little getting used to at first, it does make a huge difference from my observations in how the game plays and some of the issues that I have had and read on these forums.

I thought I recognized my own words :O_o: http://steamcommunity.com/app/223670/discussions/0/810938810836200461/

You may also notice I included source and named people involved and thanked them. Hatta from CM even replied on it and thanked those involved in bringing the temporary work around. Please be as courteous in the future. :)

Alanra (steam)

Thanks Eric... but it is crap to play at 30 fps and it foobars the FFB effects as well, not worth it and the rubbering effect is overdone anyway. 60 fps and smooth as butter is best.

@MarkVenom ... :cry: move onto something else mate, life is too short to wallow in grief and get your knickers in a knot over a game ! :O_o::roflmao::D
Too idealistic for that to happen mate. Plus I don't deny, that I like playing my career mode in F1 2013 as I hated Single Player in F1 2012. Only stating that after around 6 years of overall development time they need to do a LOT better. And I won't get tired stating the common shortcomings. I see this as feedback. As for some other folks here, they seem to be thinking, that if I don't love the product I should not be posting here. That is simply wrong. Sounds like a typical US political debate almost. LOLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%