On Monza the Ferrari is a beast. :)
You weren`t kidding :) !
Hot lap mode
track : Monza, 10: 00 am, optimum track, 36 ° default set-up, default fuel( 20l), No driving aids. tyre blankets Off

Ferrari 550 : 1:47.678 (could have been 0.150 quicker judging by sector times)
Viper GTS-R : 1:48.559 (could have been 0.3 quicker judging by sector times)
Lister Storm GT : 1:49.448
Lambo R-GT : 1:49.708

Hot lap mode
track : Monza, 10: 00 am, optimum track, 36 ° default set-up, default fuel( 20l), No driving aids. tyre blankets Off

Ferrari 550 : 1:47.678 (could have been 0.150 quicker judging by sector times)
Viper GTS-R : 1:48.559 (could have been 0.3 quicker judging by sector times)

And with a half decent setup the Ferrari can be a lot faster! :)

Ferrari 550 : 1:47.678
Viper GTS-R : 1:48.559

Out if interest, I re-calculated the content manager restrictor settings based on these times (using the curve shown in post #4534), and got:
upload_2018-3-19_15-24-51.png

Broadly similar to the original numbers I was using (70,30,0,0)

those times are very slow, in the lambo you can certantly get 46s without much efford, the other cars will for sure be faster
All that matters is the relative speeds.
For my original test I used the AI (multiple cars / laps at each restrictor setting and averaged to reduce scatter) to try to remove the 'player' variable.
And remember it's not an exact science, the actual performance delta will depend on the track layout (and setup, and conditions, and and and..)
The aim was just to bring them close enough to compete.

All that matters is the relative speeds.
For my original test I used the AI (multiple cars / laps at each restrictor setting and averaged to reduce scatter) to try to remove the 'player' variable.
And remember it's not an exact science, the actual performance delta will depend on the track layout (and setup, and conditions, and and and..)
The aim was just to bring them close enough to compete.
i know what you mean but from a driver that is 3 seconds slower, i would not trust he is getting the same out of every car,

also i do not know why so much fuss over some car being faster or some car being slower? when this car where not BOP to be equal, just like f1.
This was not moderns day GT racing

Just because its "clsoe" to IRL, doesnt nessasary equal that is fun? Not much fun that you have 2 cars you basicly can't use again two other cars, because they are way slower.

I would rather have them to be 95% than 100% accurate if they means I can use all the cars together in league/online racing.

I would rather have them to be 95% than 100% accurate if they means I can use all the cars together in league/online racing.

Then limit them with Content Manager, or make a copy of the cars and tweak the files yourself if that's how you'd rather have them.

Deliberately making the cars unrealistic seems pointless, especially when it's so easy to adjust their performance anyway?

I'd rather have not BOPed cars that are real to their actual performance than some arbitrary BOP already built-in. If the Viper was slow compared to the other cars, I want the Vortex to be as slow as it was IRL, and if the 550 was just taking walks in the park every race back in 2004, I want that too, because it is realistic. You can always adjust ballast per car to match their performances, although when the 6 cars are released I think I'll run a FIA GT championship (kinda career-mode like in Single Player) using the regulations that were in place back in the day, that is, giving ballast to those who were consistently winning or finishing on the podium and taking out ballast to those who weren't winning.

Out if interest, I re-calculated the content manager restrictor settings based on these times (using the curve shown in post #4534), and got:
View attachment 241630

Broadly similar to the original numbers I was using (70,30,0,0)

also i do not know why so much fuss over some car being faster or some car being slower? when this car where not BOP to be equal, just like f1.
This was not moderns day GT racing

Then limit them with Content Manager, or make a copy of the cars and tweak the files yourself if that's how you'd rather have them.

Deliberately making the cars unrealistic seems pointless, especially when it's so easy to adjust their performance anyway?

Just to be clear, I am happy using content manager to BOP the cars for offline racing and that's all I am proposing, hence providing the numbers for such.
I am not suggesting that the original cars from the pack should be adjusted to bring them to equal performance.
As has been pointed out, the ability for the player to adjust performance (ballast/restrictor) means that each can have the situation he prefers, and I was trying to be an aid in the case where the player wants to do that.

Imho you have to find a good mix between BOP and true performance when it comes to modding a car that has to compete with other ones. And to my mind RSS really did a good job regarding the GT1 cars. But there are car mods which could have gone more into the BOP direction, such as the Lola T70 which is much faster than GT40, 330 P4 and 908. Which in my view is unnecessary as the car existed as dozends of variants.

I spent some time today with the !Lister @ Road America and managed a 2:03:111. Have you got some tips @Mitja Bonca for the setup? I ain't very good with setups and I'm surely losing a lot of time at corners 6 and 8. I had to lenghten 2nd gear not to spin when opening the gas in those corners

You're right, it's been eight days since A3DR's last statement. Presumably the project was cancelled.
It's always good to get the odd teaser to keep things exciting. Even if it's a simple the physics are half done. All that's been mentioned here of late are times posted which is fine. I do like the skin pics though.

Give RSS a break - it's finished when it's finished and in the meantime we can race the 4/6 most amazing vehicles already ;-)

Just one suggestion for the RSS guys once they can get a few breaths of air in between this marathon:
- replace the #1 post image (currently three cars displayed) with a render of all 6 cars and have the two yet unreleased once hidden with a blanket, maybe slightly lifted at one corner as we have seen already what is under there but they are not yet released

This would also completely remove any newcomers question about how many cars total and which cars will be included in the pack ;-) (for those who don't read that is)

Give RSS a break - it's finished when it's finished and in the meantime we can race the 4/6 most amazing vehicles already
I'm not asking for a release date or telling to pull their finger out. Just the occasional update no matter how small. I come into this thread thinking there is something new and after scrolling through two pages there is nothing but OP banter. It's fine with OP contributing to the thread and I understand that's what keeps the forum going and sometimes it's hard to articulate in text that it's just been awhile. I'm not pushing for a release that get done when it's done. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back