Have you changed "[driver]" to "[gt]" ? The RSS GT1 cars use a different driver model. (the helmet doesn't have the "aero" (?) bit on the top)
Thanks man, :thumbsup:
i've forgotten about the 'custom' driver model. ;)

As far as I know you should be able to disable it with the alpha channel ...
Not possible on the Vortex at the moment, as the blend mode is 'opaque' and not 'alpha blend' for the plaque, like it is on the other RSS GT cars.

@chargingcar Is there any possibility to disable via the 'cm_skin.json' the creation of the track outline when you load the car with CM?

Vortex
rss_vort.JPG

Ferruccio
rss_ferr.JPG

GT1 + Bathurst = Fun!

Did a completely un-intended but glorious powerslide around the Elbow when the back stepped out on me braking and downshifting going down the hill...
40077036264_3deb647276_o.jpg

I was actually surprised I managed to hang on to it! :D
I also beat my previous best lap at this track (in an R8 LMS GT3) by 3/4 of a second! I thought these cars would be a lot to handle on the mountain, but it's a lot of fun!

GT1 + Bathurst = Fun!

Did a completely un-intended but glorious powerslide around the Elbow when the back stepped out on me braking and downshifting going down the hill...
40077036264_3deb647276_o.jpg

I was actually surprised I managed to hang on to it! :D
I also beat my previous best lap at this track (in an R8 LMS GT3) by 3/4 of a second! I thought these cars would be a lot to handle on the mountain, but it's a lot of fun!

It's an exciting combo isn't it!?

Which version of Bathurst is that, as I'm sure my barriers are bright blue at the elbow? I have the acu version.

Apologies for the slightly shameless self promotion, but I definately sorted the AI issues at Spa now!
Giving the latest version of the DAMS Scream R-GT skin it's race debut...

I usually don't overtake any AI cars till after T1 because mostly you don't overtake them because you're good, but because they're (often) really bad at starts

Edit: what's the ranking app on the left? Really nice and compact!

I usually don't overtake any AI cars till after T1 because mostly you don't overtake them because you're good, but because they're (often) really bad at starts

Edit: what's the ranking app on the left? Really nice and compact!
Yeah I normally give them an extra second or 2 onto my reaction time at the start toto ma it a bit more fair.

Ranking app ACTV: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/actv.7889/ been using it for quite a while now it's quite customisable, but I left most of the options at their default

I started to work on this just today.
00b6bcb9187646e367f0a81eed7041a8.png

Very green yet, probably not even worth showing, but it's something. My goal is to make it look like this blast from the past, with some minor changes and probably some additional logos.
e5b09798182206651faa5351ac791ff3.jpg

I plan to use one of those "Lineltex" tags for the scrutineering number. Also, since I came too late to have my own skin on the Lanzo I'll be putting myself as the driver of this one. :D After all, it's a fictional skin with no real driver (I think so).

I started to work on this just today.
00b6bcb9187646e367f0a81eed7041a8.png

Very green yet, probably not even worth showing, but it's something. My goal is to make it look like this blast from the past, with some minor changes and probably some additional logos.
e5b09798182206651faa5351ac791ff3.jpg

I plan to use one of those "Lineltex" tags for the scrutineering number. Also, since I came too late to have my own skin on the Lanzo I'll be putting myself as the driver of this one. :D After all, it's a fictional skin with no real driver (I think so).

I loved GRID! :)

Bro hug. If I start a YouTube video of a race and see the driver charge from 30th to 20th before Turn 1, I shut it off. As you said, doing that is about 5% talent, 95% imperfect AI struggling at the start of a race. Like you, I won't overtake a single AI car until after Turn 1 is finished. Doing this helped me shed the desire to try to win the race at Turn 1 which is a bad habit I learned in GT6. I'm a thousand times happier with my races now that I've instituted this self-control rule. I highly recommend it to everyone. Just trim down the overall field size if you want. Just try it. For me... Pretty please...:D :laugh: :roflmao:

View attachment 240994 I would like to thank you guys again for re-creating this experience for us. The feelings i felt during this moment... Speechless...
Can we all just cut the crap and finally admit that Marlboro liveries are the coolest of all time. I say that and I've never been a smoker. Well, except for crack. Me & grandma use to sit on her porch and pass that glass tube back and forth. Those were the good ole days. :whistling: jk (Grandma preferred crystal meth).

EDIT: Forgot my main reason to post... Have any of you good, consistent drivers been able to determine what the typical time difference is for the three GT1's versus the Lambo R-GT? My lap times are all over the place. :( :mad:

Have any of you good, consistent drivers been able to determine what the typical time difference is for the three GT1's versus the Lambo R-GT? My lap times are all over the place. :( :mad:
Well, I don't class myself as a good driver but I've been trying to balance them.
Do you use Content Manager? If so, I have been using restrictor settings of Ferrucio: 70, Vortex: 30 Tornado: 0 (with no ballast for any car) .

It will depend on the circuit of course but this is close enough for me.

By the way I'm not sure what the restrictor numbers are but there are definitely NOT percentage reduction of power or torque (obviously they are way too big for that). I did a test to try and figure out the effect on lap time (Atom V8 at Monza Jr) and got this:

upload_2018-3-16_15-28-41.png

Last edited:
Just trim down the overall field size if you want. Just try it. For me... Pretty please...:D :laugh: :roflmao:

I prefer going the other direction; I have as big a field as I can (48 cars on the Spa24hr layout :D) and then make the race longer. That being said, I've now gotten into the habit of trying to put myself somewhere around 8-12th position in qualifying, and then it takes me the better part of an hour to work my way to first. AI only at 95% in the GT3 cars because I'm no alien, though. I haven't done that with the GT1 cars yet, I'm hoping to give that a run soon :)

I prefer going the other direction; I have as big a field as I can (48 cars on the Spa24hr layout :D) and then make the race longer. That being said, I've now gotten into the habit of trying to put myself somewhere around 8-12th position in qualifying, and then it takes me the better part of an hour to work my way to first. AI only at 95% in the GT3 cars because I'm no alien, though. I haven't done that with the GT1 cars yet, I'm hoping to give that a run soon :)
I was trying to say, for the people who make 30 car fields, but end up in 20th after turn 1...why not just start with 20 and show patience? Hey everyone is entitled to play however they wish. I was just excited to see you impose the 1st corner restriction too. We should start a club! ;) :laugh: Man, I usually run 90% with GT3 cars. :( Also, I rarely do Race Weekends. Just field a grid of cars and start me in the rear. I've been telling myself I need to do more Race Weekends soon.

@dingers01 Thank you, very much for the response and the data on the 4 GT cars from RSS. :thumbsup:

I was trying to say, for the people who make 30 car fields, but end up in 20th after turn 1...why not just start with 20 and show patience? Hey everyone is entitled to play however they wish. I was just excited to see you impose the 1st corner restriction too. We should start a club! ;) :laugh: Man, I usually run 90% with GT3 cars. :( Also, I rarely do Race Weekends. Just field a grid of cars and start me in the rear. I've been telling myself I need to do more Race Weekends soon.

I used to just start at the rear, too, but then I started trying to find a real speed balance between myself and the AI. In doing that, I found I needed to improve my own consistency and skill at tracks, so I started added a lengthy practice sessions to get myself into the groove. I used to get a couple seconds quicker by the latter half of a race just because I was getting more 'practice' in at the start of a race, and then I'd blow away the AI. That's no fun. :)

I've found that the AI on Spa, with the GT3 cars at least, is actually quite good, and I can have some really good battles for laps on end.

Now the painful part is the AI's inconsistency. With the exact same settings out of CM, I'm finding the AI can vary ~1-1.5 seconds per lap in different occasions (I don't mean through a session, I mean same settings, different race weekend, or different day. Anything that causes the AI to be reloaded). I also have the AI% shown in the AI names to see where drivers land in the field, and I'm consistently seeing cars at the high end (95%) sitting in the lower half of the field, and lower rated cars (as low a 91%) qualifying in the top 10. That's annoying, too.

Lister was historically faster over one lap than the Viper, basically competing with the F550. The R-GT was a bit behind and lacked reliability the most. The speed over a few laps probably was there but the car just wasn't developed enough to compete with the 550's first and the MC12's afterwards.

They were still fan favourites though, and why shouldn't they have been so?

@dingers01 Thank you, very much for the response and the data on the 4 GT cars from RSS. :thumbsup:

I used to just start at the rear, too, but then I started trying to find a real speed balance between myself and the AI. In doing that, I found I needed to improve my own consistency and skill at tracks, so I started added a lengthy practice sessions to get myself into the groove. I used to get a couple seconds quicker by the latter half of a race just because I was getting more 'practice' in at the start of a race, and then I'd blow away the AI. That's no fun. :)

I've found that the AI on Spa, with the GT3 cars at least, is actually quite good, and I can have some really good battles for laps on end.

Now the painful part is the AI's inconsistency. With the exact same settings out of CM, I'm finding the AI can vary ~1-1.5 seconds per lap in different occasions (I don't mean through a session, I mean same settings, different race weekend, or different day. Anything that causes the AI to be reloaded). I also have the AI% shown in the AI names to see where drivers land in the field, and I'm consistently seeing cars at the high end (95%) sitting in the lower half of the field, and lower rated cars (as low a 91%) qualifying in the top 10. That's annoying, too.

I usually run AI somewhere between 94 and 97% depending on how good I am on the track and how good the AI are in the cars I'm racing against. I have it set so I am a little faster than them but not too much. I think at the start it depends on how good the AI are at getting off the line in the particular cars you're running. I think overtaking 1 or 2 (but no more) is ok at the start and possibly even realistic in a lot of places. I did a race at Paul Ricard in the GT3s the other day (that I uploaded to YT) and had it on 97% and didn't hold back at the start and was only able to pass 3 cars before/into T1, which I don't consider unreasonable. You can always give them an extra second on your reaction time to let them get away better. Wasn't there a mod out there I saw somewhere that attempted to let you do rolling starts somehow? I never tried it. I don't usually do weekends as I don't have the time, but just do quick races. If for example in my latest races I had a 26 car grid (including me), I start in the middle of the pack for a 5-10 lap race. Unfortunately I don't have time to do longer races than that.

Agree about the inconsistency in AI as well.. Often I find that there is one AI in the lead that manages to pull a massive gap on the rest of the field which is a little annoying as once I get into 2nd I have no chance to catch them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back