Not a whole LOT visually done today since it took more research than anything.
Found new references so been messing with bits here and there, at least the steering column combo is mostly complete except for some smaller details like wires and adding later on some nuts and bolts using alpha channel.

screenshot035.jpg

screenshot037.jpg

Why dont you move your head ? I mean like its where the real stopwatch is placed I imagine they have a look at it , I thought it be more immersive :D
yeah it's a first thing coming to any mind - but i believe it's not so comfy as just straight look onto it:D revs are in the same situation - to see'em i should up my head - obviously this is not how the pilot supposed to see them during the race, his head is almost fixed to one point and it should have access to any instruments within his reach:geek: i remember this feeling in car when i was strapped to death to negate forces and barely could reach some buttons lol
anyway i always thought the stopwatch should be in front of your eyes - not behind the obstacle. some pilots use duct tape to stick it in the center of the wheel - for instance almost all oldies doesn't have any digitals so in historic races pilots have to use the modern tech:D
that's why i prefer 550 here and not lister or viper - lister has hidden revs and viper doesn't even have them:roflmao: the reason is simple - my peripheral vision accustomed to see rev lights so seeing just motec graph is distracting
That is what I imagined when the guys using the VR take a peak at it for example ,
like I would love to watch a replay like a race online or hotlap and see how it happens would look awesome ,
I understood its pretty limiting in certain views but in VR and with no wheel its fine , but like I say in my reference its placed exact so the real driver must take a peak also :)
yeah no probs, mate. keep up the good job:D at least triple peoples and some VR users are fine, that's a great outcome, all not adapted people like me are minority:D

yeah it's a first thing coming to any mind - but i believe it's not so comfy as just straight look onto it:D revs are in the same situation - to see'em i should up my head - obviously this is not how the pilot supposed to see them during the race, his head is almost fixed to one point and it should have access to any instruments within his reach:geek: i remember this feeling in car when i was strapped to death to negate forces and barely could reach some buttons lol
anyway i always thought the stopwatch should be in front of your eyes - not behind the obstacle. some pilots use duct tape to stick it in the center of the wheel - for instance almost all oldies doesn't have any digitals so in historic races pilots have to use the modern tech:D
that's why i prefer 550 here and not lister or viper - lister has hidden revs and viper doesn't even have them:roflmao: the reason is simple - my peripheral vision accustomed to see rev lights so seeing just motec graph is distracting

yeah no probs, mate. keep up the good job:D at least triple peoples and some VR users are fine, that's a great outcome, all not adapted people like me are minority:D
Its strange because looking at GTR2 you can see the graph and the led , but here you cant see the LED limiter ect its slightly above the wheel because of the camera settings , I did try and adjust them somewhat but with not much look as it seemed , the actual stopwatch was mainly just an afterthought by me the reference I have with it is not from 2004 I believe its from some classic show or race weekend but I do kinda like the look of it so simply added the detail , maybe we could stick it to the center of the wheel ,
I wonder if its possible to have 2 versions controlled by textures in the skins , stopwatch A / stopwatch B so depending which textures you use will depend in the position ect ,
I dont want to move it altogether from the scene I do like it , but maybe we can look into positions of cameras and maybe positions of items to try and get everything in one view so to speak , any ideas are welcomed :)

I´m really impressed how fast you guys are, i try to lern a bit with 3ds max and modeling (easy things)
I believe I know quite a few artists over the years well over 25 I know and talk to at least who are all pros with a lot of experience in which must run into 100,s of years between them all , and to be honest from out of them all this guy is in the top 1-2-3 fastest 3D modelers on the planet :D must be that 20+ years experience .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%