• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Cars RSS GT1 Championship

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by David Dominguez, Sep 2, 2017.

1. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +1,049
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Well still no normals was checking the INTCarbon made all custom weave by hand to match the reference Gary found , not even looked at them yet the NM on the wheels , not quite sure what difference it will make unless I add some overlay effects into them will have a look now , but really happy with the WIP so far :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  4. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Made nice progress to say I only started with the texturing as of yesterday afternoon :)
    but its been non stop :D really digging this gear knob .
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,797
    And to think I thought it looked pretty nice already... :roflmao::thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  6. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Looks insane man , its the nicest car I have ever been given to work on from someone else :)

7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel

Ratings:
    +248
    Damn, you guys do some really fine work! Some of those progress shots look like photos allready.

• Love Love x 1
  8. Shigeno427

Shigeno427

Ratings:
    +18
    100% agreed, at first glance I assumed those first wheel shots were real picture vs model comparisons!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Thanks guys :)
    Gary provided some really nice reference , hes become kinda an expert in these cars dont ask him any questions he will give you the complete history :D
    I tried to match the reference best I could so ended up painted the wheels by hand in 3d , real reference had more scratches on the outer bead of the rim I did add these also but looked kinda too much ,
    a few years back I created the FW31 Williams car this had full dust and damage on all the entire externals of the car in which I have still not seen replicated on AC as of yet ,
    so got me thinking instead of adding the scratch settings like the chassis of a car ect ,
    I will have the dust and make it brake dust ,
    so longer you drive the more wheel brake dust will build up around the centers of the rims , I have plans of adding this feature but I will look into last upon completion of the car and textures , at least another 50 textures to add , todays journey I will look at this rollcage I saw some reference with some tape on it looked great so ill have a play with it now and post some more pics later :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    Looks like the logos inside are alpha blended and rendered in front of the glass. If these objects are linked to the COCKPIT_HR dummy, make sure you set the priority of the dummy (!) to 1. Also I don't think that blend is really necessary, alpha test+no transparency should work well enough for black/white alpha with no gradient, and you avoid any issues with rendering priority. Using alpha blend in the cockpit can be a bit of a pain.

11. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Yeah was going to look into it , I noticed the same issues on some of the other cars also ,
    looks a little odd , but that screen dont look as bad as some of the others :)
    Thanks man :)

12. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Anyways still a long way from home on this one but can almost see the gates :D
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    I generally set the priority of the COCKPIT_HR dummy to +1, and it gets rid of any issues like that 95% of the time.

• Love Love x 1
  14. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    We was reading something in the manual where we set the windshield banners to +1 a few months back was so annoying , well Gary mentioned something with it been there at the bottom I believe didnt know with the dummy and logos , thanks :)

15. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Wow yeah thats good to know :D:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    Sure you not been talking to Daniel :D
    Priority 2 , not sure if that makes any difference , but there no visible issues :)
    [​IMG]

17. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    All fixed now thanks @Gergo Panker
    [​IMG]
    while we are sharing tricks ill part with a cool one this CM Content Manger creator gave me last week ,
    regarding the displays , we all know the trick with the seatbelts on/off ect ect ,
    but he told me he adds his display mesh and stuff to the ON Belts ,
    in the showroom the display is blank like IRL its only there ingame when you require it ,
    great concept , its a must on all projects for me personally ,
    I will update the Vortex , MC12 is showing it also , well all cars do , show the working display in the showroom :)
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,559
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1