A little WIP still no normals or proper SDK settings
*POSTS AMBROSIA*
giphy.gif

Reactions: CC
Well still no normals was checking the INTCarbon made all custom weave by hand to match the reference Gary found , not even looked at them yet the NM on the wheels , not quite sure what difference it will make unless I add some overlay effects into them will have a look now , but really happy with the WIP so far :)
241467bb4613edd11349de333c16c998.jpg

afca68ca7a39acc25fc8ed5a51407757.jpg

Made nice progress to say I only started with the texturing as of yesterday afternoon :)
but its been non stop :D really digging this gear knob .
b337a33b44e48bb76a32a9abf79f7a9b.jpg

Damn, you guys do some really fine work! Some of those progress shots look like photos allready.

100% agreed, at first glance I assumed those first wheel shots were real picture vs model comparisons!
Thanks guys :)
Gary provided some really nice reference , hes become kinda an expert in these cars dont ask him any questions he will give you the complete history :D
I tried to match the reference best I could so ended up painted the wheels by hand in 3d , real reference had more scratches on the outer bead of the rim I did add these also but looked kinda too much ,
a few years back I created the FW31 Williams car this had full dust and damage on all the entire externals of the car in which I have still not seen replicated on AC as of yet ,
so got me thinking instead of adding the scratch settings like the chassis of a car ect ,
I will have the dust and make it brake dust ,
so longer you drive the more wheel brake dust will build up around the centers of the rims , I have plans of adding this feature but I will look into last upon completion of the car and textures , at least another 50 textures to add , todays journey I will look at this rollcage I saw some reference with some tape on it looked great so ill have a play with it now and post some more pics later :)

Looks like the logos inside are alpha blended and rendered in front of the glass. If these objects are linked to the COCKPIT_HR dummy, make sure you set the priority of the dummy (!) to 1. Also I don't think that blend is really necessary, alpha test+no transparency should work well enough for black/white alpha with no gradient, and you avoid any issues with rendering priority. Using alpha blend in the cockpit can be a bit of a pain.

Yeah was going to look into it , I noticed the same issues on some of the other cars also ,
looks a little odd , but that screen dont look as bad as some of the others :)
Thanks man :)

I generally set the priority of the COCKPIT_HR dummy to +1, and it gets rid of any issues like that 95% of the time.
We was reading something in the manual where we set the windshield banners to +1 a few months back was so annoying , well Gary mentioned something with it been there at the bottom I believe didnt know with the dummy and logos , thanks :)

Looks like the logos inside are alpha blended and rendered in front of the glass. If these objects are linked to the COCKPIT_HR dummy, make sure you set the priority of the dummy (!) to 1. Also I don't think that blend is really necessary, alpha test+no transparency should work well enough for black/white alpha with no gradient, and you avoid any issues with rendering priority. Using alpha blend in the cockpit can be a bit of a pain.

I generally set the priority of the COCKPIT_HR dummy to +1, and it gets rid of any issues like that 95% of the time.
Wow yeah thats good to know :D:D
0dbc1ee647eaf3ecaa2b1fb64c397292.jpg

795f59879b5fa72e13f853f0314e9b38.jpg

All fixed now thanks @Gergo Panker
56294d6f503b251127626e6ca7a3559d.jpg

while we are sharing tricks ill part with a cool one this CM Content Manger creator gave me last week ,
regarding the displays , we all know the trick with the seatbelts on/off ect ect ,
but he told me he adds his display mesh and stuff to the ON Belts ,
in the showroom the display is blank like IRL its only there ingame when you require it ,
great concept , its a must on all projects for me personally ,
I will update the Vortex , MC12 is showing it also , well all cars do , show the working display in the showroom :)
2389b0652358599c9baae70925a6ee5c.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back