rsrbr2011: how to remove steering wheel from cockpit view?

Hi All and thank you for letting me join the club.

just bought rbr about a month ago and love it. Decided to update to rsrbr2011 (mod pack 5) and love it.
Playing the original game with cockpit view l have come accustomed to removing the steering wheel from the view (why have two, l can already see the one l'm holding on to), but l can't figure out to remove it from the cockpit view in rsrbr2011?

Is it possible to remove it or do l need to get used to this annoyance?

Thanks for any guidance.
tomquid

I think you have to change the line in the car ini "[i_steeringwheel]Switch=false" to "[i_steeringwheel]
Switch=true" but the game seems to update the car ini files every so often so you might be fighting a losing battle.

If you use CamHack in the cockpit view you can move the camera forward and backwards using the + - (I think) on the numeric keypad (once you have enabled camhack with the * key on the numeric keypad). Moving it foward should eventually make the view just bonnet and no steering wheel.

Pete

In addition you need to modify the correct folder to ensure no overwrites, this should get rid of the wheel altogether.

Removing steering wheel in cockpit view.
open the ini file (impreza95.ini in this case), search for [i_steeringwheel] section
and change Switch=true

To stop the overwrite...

About the wheel - some carpacks have .ini files for all the cars overwritten every time you load the carpack up. The solution? Going into <RBR folder>\RSRBR, opening up the .7z file for the pack your car is in and modifying the ini inside. AFAIK only carpack updates change those files again.

The .7z files are found in RBR/RSRBR, search through the car pack's and modify the .ini file.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%