1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rsrbr2011: how to remove steering wheel from cockpit view?

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by tomquid, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hi All and thank you for letting me join the club.

just bought rbr about a month ago and love it. Decided to update to rsrbr2011 (mod pack 5) and love it.
    Playing the original game with cockpit view l have come accustomed to removing the steering wheel from the view (why have two, l can already see the one l'm holding on to), but l can't figure out to remove it from the cockpit view in rsrbr2011?

Is it possible to remove it or do l need to get used to this annoyance?

Thanks for any guidance.
  2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I think it should be possible, although I'm no expert when it comes to RBR. Perhaps a moderator could move this to the RBR subforum, you'll probably get an answer from them :)
  3. great. thanks. l'll try the camhack (l'm amazed about the quick replies).
  4. I think you have to change the line in the car ini "[i_steeringwheel]Switch=false" to "[i_steeringwheel]
    Switch=true" but the game seems to update the car ini files every so often so you might be fighting a losing battle.
  5. If you use CamHack in the cockpit view you can move the camera forward and backwards using the + - (I think) on the numeric keypad (once you have enabled camhack with the * key on the numeric keypad). Moving it foward should eventually make the view just bonnet and no steering wheel.

6. You can also bind the key to enable CamHack to Enter, so it's enabled as soon as you load your profile in RBR.
  7. In addition you need to modify the correct folder to ensure no overwrites, this should get rid of the wheel altogether.

To stop the overwrite...

The .7z files are found in RBR/RSRBR, search through the car pack's and modify the .ini file.