RSRBR 2013 crashes or doesn't load.

i've reinstalled this many times. it's not installed to /program files. it has all the patches and with no extra mods. when i try to launch "alone" the progress bar gets about halfway and then stops.
when i try to launch the RichardBurnsRally.exe i can only press enter (which takes me to the first rally school level) because if i press any directional keys the game crashes completely. i have the same result when trying to launch RichardBurnsRallySSE.exe as well.

i can provide pictures if that would be helpful.

i'm new to this game and mod and i originally intended to play the vanilla game for a while but after a minute or so into a race the scenery (fences/houses/trees) would all disappear. i've tried the GLSL option, but i can't seem to get that to cooperate. i figured if i downloaded a mod and played on custom levels maybe i wouldn't run into that issue but i'm stuck trying to get it to launch, or i have the other issue when booting up the regular .exe file.

I am having issues getting the RSRBR2013 to work. I followed the the guide exactly step by step - I installed the game, installed both patches, tried it - worked, installed RSRBR2013, installed tracks, installed cars, installed both updates... When I try to start the base game - it won't even startup. When I try it from the RSCenter - it loads but when finished the game won't start as well. I really don't know what's going on there, I tried several tips to remove the problem but without any success. I don't have in Program files. I even tried to install all the packs in different order, reinstalled the game several time. Running on Windows 7 64bit.

Any other ideas than already mentioned? Thanks a lot :(

I had a look in the Processes and there is a 7z.exe which pops up for a seconds and disappear. For about three times. In the end of the loading the RichardBurnsRally.exe pops up too but only for about 3-4 seconds. Then it goes out. And no game is run.

EDIT: Plus I've got a lot of DMP files (I assume some kind of error report?)

I am having issues getting the RSRBR2013 to work. I followed the the guide exactly step by step - I installed the game, installed both patches, tried it - worked, installed RSRBR2013, installed tracks, installed cars, installed both updates... When I try to start the base game - it won't even startup. When I try it from the RSCenter - it loads but when finished the game won't start as well. I really don't know what's going on there, I tried several tips to remove the problem but without any success. I don't have in Program files. I even tried to install all the packs in different order, reinstalled the game several time. Running on Windows 7 64bit.

Any other ideas than already mentioned? Thanks a lot :(

1) Any corrupted files? Check md5-sums.

Install_RSRBR_v2013: 448 101 KB - md5=682749126cd86ad0f5823919f4fcfdd8

Install_Pack_Tracks_v2013: 908 KB - md5=e419309a0767078dce0047b8dc2681bc
Install_Pack_Tracks_v2013-1a: 975 655 KB - md5=831d1d683ddf830618fa1b5bb8738182
Install_Pack_Tracks_v2013-1b: 976 563 KB - md5=60fcc6d867361205a0f9d7b4fcfdb533
Install_Pack_Tracks_v2013-1c: 976 563 KB - md5=0f6c92378595046c99be57bae6ac76c7
Install_Pack_Tracks_v2013-1d: 382 264 KB - md5=7e08cf0b8dc24aa1a9101e790b7960ef

Install_Update_01_RSRBR2013: 69 560 KB - md5=07e932c6a18ac390e3bcdafb1c315512

Install_Corrective-1_RSRBR2013: 12 234 KB - md5=f633d50edf454327f7404fbfbf16a9c9

2) You say several tips, does that mean also excluding all the exe files on the DEP thing or whatever it is?

3) Did you turn off antivirus and firewall temporarily for the installation process?

And by the way, installing things in a different order is pointless and the issue can never be in things like that.

Firstly, thanks for your time helping me.

ad1) I checked and everything seems ok, has the same size, md5 matches exactly.
ad2) not sure what you mean by DEP, but I ran all of them as an administrator.
ad3) I didn't. I'll give it a try.

By installing it in a different order I meant firstly install packs - then update and the opposite way - the updates and the packs afterwards. If that doesn't matter - OK

No, what I meant was that the order does matter. :) In fact, it is vital that you do it exactly according to the tutorial, just like you did the first time and everything will be fine.

DEP stands for Data Execution Prevention, it's a silly thing really. Read this: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=431

Administrator or not, I'd recommend you to try it.

-------------

EDIT. Actually, I'd like to clarify something about the order: If you've downloaded the very latest full car pack, install it after Update01 and before the Corrective. That way you install things in the same order they've been released. So

1) RSRBR2013 base
2) Track pack
3) Update01
4) Full car pack
5) Corrective

Now I stop. :)

EDIT. Actually, I'd like to clarify something about the order: If you've downloaded the very latest full car pack, install it after Update01 and before the Corrective. That way you install things in the same order they've been released. So

1) RSRBR2013 base
2) Track pack
3) Update01
4) Full car pack
5) Corrective

Now I stop. :)

Its good to have more options to try than just one by one and spend more time on the forum ;) thanks

If the error message comes only for the Public and Championship sections and you've properly signed up for the online play, the first thing you should try is to re-type your password (and username too, if needed) on the Menu window.
I would never imagine to do such simple and stupid thing. But it worked, it connects now. I retyped the password and now it runs as it should. Thank you for your help. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back