RSRBR 2012

hey graham, had the same problem a couple of days ago and it just went away the next day (rhyme and all), I guess it's just a server problöem on their side. just keep trying, maybe trying at odd hours will do the trick (less traffic).

turning the firewall off has made no difference

Graham, have you tried posting over at RallyeSim, they are the experts on this software. It sounds like something is blocking your connection to the Server, but they have some diagnostic programs to help find problems.

EDIT: Oops, I see you have tried there too. Wish I could help.

Graham, I'm sure you probably have been through all this before, but just in case, lets try some basics.
Did you fully un-install RSRBR2011 (if you had that one) and RBR, including removal of all files remaining in the RBR Folder?

Did you install RSRBR2012 according to this procedure:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rsrbr2012-installing-and-using-guidelines.12743/

Which Windows ver are you using? If Win 7 or Vista, pay particular attention to the install path.

Can you edit your AntiVirus settings to allow RBR and RSRBR to not be real time scanned ? Some AV are known to block access. Which AV do you use?

I realise you probably have been down this path, but I don't know how to help without understanding the basics first.

EDIT: Forget all this, just saw your previous post which was made while I was typing.

It was a browser issue.
I use firefox normally and IE was set up not to connect to anything.
simply changed one of the settings to allow connections to proxy server, IE fired up and so did RScentre.
6 WEEKS of headaches and it was one little setting.

It was a browser issue.
I use firefox normally and IE was set up not to connect to anything.
simply changed one of the settings to allow connections to proxy server, IE fired up and so did RScentre.
6 WEEKS of headaches and it was one little setting.

It's often something very simple like that, thanks for letting us know (it's added to our memory bank)
Well done for your persistence, I'm sure you'll be rewarded.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%