RSRBR 2010 Info

Warren Dawes

Premium
For all those wanting to join in our RBR Rally events in the Racing Club, we reommend updating to RSRBR 2010.
I have updated the sticky threads covering Installation and usage of RSRBR 2010 here:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20030-installing-rsrbr-2009-rsrbr-2010-mod.html

and

http://forum.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20031-using-rsrbr-2009-rsrbr-2010-mod.html

I found the installation straight forward by following these steps, and so far the programme works well.
If anyone has problems, let us know and we will try to help.

Looking forward to some Rally action during 2010. :cool:

Just to check; i install RBR into C:\RBR. Then RSRBR2010, then update 3, then a car pack, all into the same directory? (with antivirus switched off)

Yep, that should be the procedure, but make sure you install the latest update for the car pack.

I have had a search over at Rallyesim forum and found this one which relates to your message:

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhjp3pPFL9japzQBLFeyde31G1dYAQ

Not sure it gives the answer though.
I'd recommend posting your problem over there, and checking through their forums here:
http://translate.google.com/transla...um.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=5&sl=fr&tl=en
Google translate is mighty helpful for this site.

Making progress... i ran the troubleshooting utility 'Depannage' and it gave me this message:

"This version of the Troubleshooting Utility is not adapted for the update installed on your machine
Version of the update installs:
Version of the update made in this instance your utility: 03

Please update RSRBR installing the update missing"

I've set up the DEP things already, and allowed my firewall connections for RSCentre.exe etc, so it seems i have an update missing?!

I've done a full uninstall + re-install, (and installed missing '06 WRC cars) and here is the error report i get:

version of the Troubleshooter: 5.2.3 [br] [/ br] version of the update installed: 03 [br] [/ br] update the version supported by this utility: 03 [ br] [/ br] ________________________________________________________________________________[ br] [/ br] User Configuration: [br] [/ br] Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600 + - Number of Core: 2 [br] [/ br] RAM: [highlight = green] [color = white] with 1049 GB 1049 GB of free [/ color] [/ b] [/ highlight] [br] [/ br] Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3450 [br] [/ br] Screen resolution: 1360 x 768 [br] [/ br] Resolution of game: 800 x 600 [br] [/ br] Free space on drive where RBR / RSRBR: [highlight = orange] [color = black] 66.14 GB / GB total 222.4 [/ color] [/ b] [/ highlight] [br] [/ br] Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP 32bit Service Pack 2 [ br] [/ br] Richard Burns Rally is installed in C: \ RBR \ [br] [/ br] Type of session: [highlight = green] [color = white] Administrator [/ color] [ / b] [/ highlight] [br] [/ br] Statute ChronoManager: [highlight = green] [color = white] Not activated [/ color] [/ b] [/ highlight] [br] [/ br] DEP data for: RSCenter2010 / RichardBurnsRally_SSE / RBR Startup [br] [/ br] Number of processes running: [highlight = red] [color = white] 87 [/ color] [/ b ] [/ highlight] [br] [/ br] ________________________________________________________________________________[ br] [/ br] File Contents RichardBurnsRally.ini: [br] [/ br] [br] [/ br] [Settings] [br] [/ br ] ConstantForceMultiplier = -60 [br] [/ br] Depth = 32 [br] [/ br] = true ForceFeedback [br] [/ br] Fullscreen = true [br] [/ br] MinDepthBits = 24 [br] [/ br] MinStencilBits = 8 [br] [/ br] = high ParticleQuality [br] [/ br] = high RenderQuality [br] [/ br] RunIntro = false [br] [/ br] RunStartup = false [br] [/ br] Sound = true [br] [/ br] = true UseCubicEnvironmentMaps [br] [/ br] UseEAX = false [br] [/ br] UseSoftwareAudio = false [br] [/ br] UseTripleScreenBuffers = false [br] [/ br] = true WaitRetrace [br] [/ br] xres = 800 [br] [/ br] yres = 600 [br] [/ br] [br] [/ br] ________________________________________________________________________________[ br] [/ br] List of plugins installed: [br] [/ br] - Equalizer (eq_mix.dll) [br] [/ br] - Fix ZModeler (Z.dll) [br] [/ br] ________________________________________________________________________________[ br] [/ br] Missing files: [ br] [/ br] Missing file: C: \ RBR \ RSRBR2010 \ Sounds \ Effects \ # Group_B CAR07.ini [br] [/ br] ________________________________________________________________________________[ br] [/ br] *** Report generated on Tuesday 04/05 / 2010 6:27:10 p.m. ***

And i still get the same error when clicking on 'play alone'! Can;t see what the problem is apart from that one missing file, currently waiting on registration for the rallyesim forums to be accepted, so i'll post there too.

Well done on your efforts so far, good to see that you are tenacious, I hope your persistence is rewarded. This Sim is certainly worth it.

Looking at your trace file, nothing seems unusual there, and I also have that sound file missing too but it doesn't seem to affect anything. The only thing I might recommend in your Richard Burtns Rally.ini file is to up the resolution, depending on what monitor resolution you normally use. I have mine set to Xres 1920 and Yres 1200 for my widescreen monitor. I also run in windowed mode (Fullscreen = false ) but again that is not your current problem.

After looking at the comments in the post at Rallyesim (the one I found last night with the same error message), I am suspicious that it may still be something in your setup preventing access to the RSRBR website. Maybe it needs to check your registration first, I seem to recall that I needed that the first time I loaded after registration.
Checking my games (I have RBR on two PC's, one running XP, the other Vista, both with different AntiVirus software), I have made exceptions within the Options of both AV programs to prevent any realtime scanning of my Richard Burns Rally folder. Maybe your AV software is blocking your access to RSRBR2010?? Surely it has to be something like that??? Some AV software can be very intrusive these days.

Good that you have registered at Rallyesim, they have been very helpful for me in the past (except for the language issues), so hopefully they can get you up and running soon. I hope so, we'd love to have you join our RBR Club Rallys, we are a small group but have lots of fun.

My reply on the rallyesim forum basically concurred with your opinion that it's something to do with RSC being interfered with by Antivirus software, and not getting access to the internet. I've already disabled the firewall for all the .exe files in the install so i'll have a play around with some more settings tomorrow, and hopefully i'll be able to report back with a success story! Cheers Warren!

Tried a few things with my antivirus/firewall and still the same result. I'm quite confused now! Selected all the .exe RSRBR files so they would not be scanned, same with the C:\RBR folder, allowed all the .exe files to bypass the firewall and did the DEP trick in advanced system settings. I'm running out of ideas now!

Now I am very confused also.
As a test, I tried unplugging my modem to remove any internet connection, then tried launching RSCenter. I was able to play off-line by clicking Play Alone, but could not access Public Sessions (as you would expect). However, even then, I didn't get the message that Ross is getting, so now I'm not convinced that it is just an Internet Connection issue. Maybe an internet connection is needed for the first Registration ???? but not after that.

Ross, I'd recommend going back to Rallyesim and posting your latest findings and requesting further help from them, they should understand this more than anyone else. It is "interesting" that I was able to find another post with the same error message on their Forum, so something is going awry here.

I wonder if your Registration was completeted correctly? When you re-installed everything, did you re-register again. I'm grasping at straws now.

I've been grapsing at straws for a while now! I've just left another message on the rallyesim forums (just as you replied funnily enough!) so hopefully they'll be able to offer some insider knowledge. I didn't re-register after reinstalling, i've actually done the whole uninstall/re-install process 3 or 4 times now using the same log in details, so i'll try and sign up with different details. I don't think it's an internet issue at all now, i can run rfactor, race series & GTL online without any problems, so something must make this different. I just don't know what. My install seems ok, and my internet connection seems ok too. Maybe it's a vista issue?

Just out of curiousity, what should my settings be here? I hope to run RSRBR2010 in 1360x768 resolution.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 238
Here are my RSRBR 2010 Settings: (Attached)

You will need to set your 3D Ratio to 16/9 to get your desired resolution. However, I would recommend that you set your default RBR Resolution to 1360 x 768 first, just to check that the default game is working ok at that resolution. You do this by setting the Xres and Y res in the Richard Burns Rally.ini file.

I'm intrigued, how did you get that settings screen to come up if you can't get past the opening RSCenter screen? I can only access the Settings from the next screen after the one you are stuck on??

Attachments

• RSRBR Settings.JPG
    RSRBR Settings.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 250
Hey guys, have a strange problem. I can only view replays if the car I used and the stage i drove are all from the original game. Sometimes if i try replaying a modded stage, it shows an original car at the start of the stage and then goes to 'Exit' screen. I've tried launching from all exe's but all the same. This video shows the Skoda on snow but i was actually driving on the Gravel Mod as you can clearly see at the beginning.

I've searched high and low for answers so....
Thanks for any help

I had a similar problem today, I made about 8 replays for a video. One of the replays dumped me, but when I used the same car in another stage, it worked ok. I could only assume my PC had a hick-up for that replay.
Mostly, it all works ok, bit of a mystery.

I assume you had all the RSRBR parameters identical to the stage you ran, when loading the replay? Did you launch RBR from the "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE" button?

Did you launch RBR from the "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE" button?

ye, i tried launching from all of them as far as i remember(frustration got the better of me) lol

So, tell me, after you have run, to watch the replay you launch SSE? From RSCenter? I had made a shortcut for the exe from the main folder and put it on my dt and i launch from there....maybe that's the problem? Will try again now and report

Do this: http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/34315-can-t-view-saved-replays.html#post548736

Could you upload the replay somewhere, so I can try it. Maybe it's messed up?

Tried it, didn't work this time either.
A8_2 95 Sub, Normal Mod, Gravel dry, BTB Stages 1-2, Reduced Damage,Sweet Lamb, Good Conditions, Daylight.............replays shows Sub, Cote Darbroz, Tarmac, Good Conditions :frown: Actually, the replay only shows the start line then ctd...........shame as its a really clean run through Sweet Lamb for me finally :redface:

Here's a link, if you can post it somewhere so i can see it finally.....IF you get it to work
http://hotfile.com/dl/47577091/0de3712/sweetlambSUB.rpl.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back