RS6 seat vs RS9 seat with bass shaker.

Hi all,
Bit of a long time lurker so this is my first post.
Im looking at the GT Omega Art cockpit, I already have base shakers (2x one on pedel base and another on the bottom of a GT omega office chair). From the pictures I have seen the RS6 might be easier to mount this on with the clearance. Does anyone have any thought or even better have a setup with this cockpit and bass shakers?

Cheers,
HighHo (Alex)

The way the seats are mounted is identical. The only difference is the seat itself, rails are the same, slider is the same.
Only the seat is different, the RS9 has wider holes for seatbelts, is black and is a bit wider / bigger in general (only few cm here and there)

I got the RS6 myself on a extended GT Omega wheelstand, which is virtually identical to the stock Art cockpit.

Upvote 0
Hello

Just to put it out there:
I have been using the pro cockpit with RS6 seat for 2 years and im a very happy user. I sport a protruded lumbar disc so proper comfort and ergonomics are very important for me.
With the RS6, the seat shape is good with a slight curve in the backrest, only the chair base is a bit short which means little support for legs and the base has high side supports which distrub the legs unless you are a small man. They wear down with time though.

I noticed some stitching wearing down on my chair and after a chat with GT Omega they did a superb gesture and just sent me a new chair, and I requested a RS9 because I too thought it was bigger all round.

And its awful. The seat is completely flat, too narrow from shoulders and the chair base is even shorter for even less leg support. Its quite a bit stiffer too (im sure RS6 wasnt so stiff even as new)
Overall feels like sitting on a stool or a kitchen chair

I suppose it had to suit someone who designed and approved it, but I say go for RS6 every time

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years