1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

RRE FFB Setup

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by D3L8OY, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. D3L8OY

D3L8OY

Ratings:
    +9
    I had some issues with RRE after the last patch with all the force feedback and just could not seem to get it how it was before. so I spent about two weeks tweaking every setting until I got what was right for me.
    I then put together a document on what I did. Hope this helps others as a starting point. Remember this works for me and may not be suitable for anyone else but I just wanted to share.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C

Ratings:
    +1,172
    What fanatec wheel?

3. D3L8OY

D3L8OY

Ratings:
    +9
    CSW V2

• Love Love x 1
  4. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C

Ratings:
    +1,172
    You should put that in the first text. Great job

5. D3L8OY

D3L8OY

Ratings:
    +9
    Must have missed that. I'll get that sorted. Thanks for the feedback

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tomas de la Fuente

Tomas de la Fuente

Ratings:
    +11
    [​IMG]

What is this??? :O_o:

7. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
  8. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    Nice work, but got a question to this.
    Aren't "on-wheel" settings multiplied with "in-game" settings (plus that FFB and dampening values set in windows also are added into the multiplication)?

9. D3L8OY

D3L8OY

Ratings:
    +9
    You know Joerg you are more than likely right. I am no expert in this I just spent a fair about of time going backwards and forwards with different settings and what I posted was what seemed to work to give me the best feeling. If it helps some others or gives them a base to work from then it has done its job.
    I can guarantee that this will not be right for everyone with the CSW V2 but you know it doesn't matter. This was just about my trial and error and hoping to share to help.
    If you can add anything here to make it better for me and others I am sure it will be appreciated. Thanks for the information.

10. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    I will try to play a bit around with your settings and compare them to my own, I use little weight tied up to the wheel too, since using a lot of force for turning is unrealistic and not good when racing for hours.

I noticed that you use the sho/abs function, if Fanaleds is used with a CSP v.3's connected directly to the PC they should both be set to 0 if it is desired to have the brake and throttle rumble motor working (gives feedback when revs are high and when brake locks up).

11. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    Found your vertical load and lateral force settings quite good, notched them down a tiny bit.

Here are my CSW v.2 settings which are made with a DTM 2016 BMW:

Onboard settings, driver version 261, firmware version 204:

SEn = AUt | FF = 100 | SHo = OFF | AbS = OFF | LIn = OFF | dEA = OFF | drI = OFF | For = 100 | SPr = OFF | dPr = OFF

Note: My pedals are not connected to the hub, that is why I don't use SHo nor AbS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This does not feel good with the new Formula US, that car needs more steering force intensity, didn't help to set the FFB multiplier up.

12. D3L8OY

D3L8OY

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Joerg,
    As I mention earlier in the piece that a lot of this is still personal preference. I am glad you have added your spin to this as it can only help others enjoy this amazing game. One thing I have adjusted is the Upper Dead Zone on the Throttle, Brake and Clutch. I have changed them to about 97% so that I am getting absolute full throttle brake and clutch at the end of the throw. I also put in 3% brake lower dead zone as I have a very stiff brake pedal with a short throw so that if I am resting on the brake it is not engaging.
    I also like some engine vibration through the wheel as it adds a bit to the immersion and I like some minimum forces to feel some of the road irregularities. Anyway good work, the more information that people can post the better it helps others.
    Cheers
    Del

13. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    I use Fanaleds for additional FFB.
    My brake is quite hard as well, using the dampening kit v.3 plus the performance kit (13mm red/green/white), but I'm not resting on it else I would set the deadzone to 2-3% too.
    I'm going to try changing the upper dead zone for throttle since it sounds like a good idea. :)