• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

ROUND TWO - CHINA; April 9; 21:00 BST; 100%

Discussion in 'XB1 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Rob, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,008
    The RACEDEPARTMENT
    2017 Formula One Racing League

presents
    [​IMG]

Shanghai International Circuit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Date: April 9, 2017
    Distance: 100% (57 laps)
    Host: Hammerpgh
    Day: SUNDAY
    Start Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern; 9pm BST; 20:00 GMT
    Vehicle Damage: FULL
    Car Performance: EQUAL
    Safety Car: ON
    Collisions: ON
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Corner Cutting: NORMAL
    View: ANY (Cockpit is encouraged, but not mandatory)
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: DYNAMIC
    Formation Lap: YES
    Parc Ferme: ON
    Qualifying: SHORT
    In-Game Race Time: OFFICIAL

Note 4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.

Drivers Signed up to Race are as follows. Post below if you cannot attend.
    1 - Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Red Bull
    2 - Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Red Bull #3
    3 - Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / McLaren
    4 - Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr/ McLaren
    5 - Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Ferrari
    6 - Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari
    7 - Karl Fuss / niblips2 / Sauber
    8 - Craig Renard / RDD Renard / Renault
    9 - Trevor Montgomery / FoXtRoT12369 / Scudaria Torro Rosso
    10 - Carlos Jimenez / nachirri / Mercedes
    11 - ABalazs_97 / MrSwAgG99 9 / Haas F1
    12 - Tim Pigg/ tepiggs / Sauber
    13 - Rob Poelmans / Rob46Be / Mercedes

[​IMG]
    Paddock Club
    Notice To The Following : @Karl Fuss @Rob @Peter Hooper @mcnasty1 @Gareth Jones @Mitch Gosling @Carlos Jimenez @Matthew Booth @ @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely

Restarts will be at the discretion of the host, but shall be limited to mass disconnects (as defined by the host), or a game related glitch. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to twitch their races and post later.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

This league wants to make clear that incident reports, while unfortunate, are expected, and no discrimination shall be taken against drivers that file such incident reports. *Discrimination* shall be defined at the discretion of the Co-Director and his admin designee, if needed. Actions that shall include discrimination are, but are not limited to retaliatory actions against the complainant; and actions, which are retaliatory or not, which are detrimental to be detrimental to the league.

More importantly, the over-arching purpose here is to have fun, and the responsibility of our work here centers on freedom. No thought police will troll this forum, and we all can joke like adults without taking offense unless threatening or defamatory.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,511
    So, is everyone ok with the start time of this race? It will be 100% distance so could take 2 hours to complete.

3. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,197
    Time is perfectly fine for me, if it has to be brought forward and hour I'm also fine with that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,008
    Start Time is good with me too. But if moved forward and hour, that's no biggie either.

5. Trevor Montgomery

Trevor Montgomery

Ratings:
    +96
    Its cool with me its only 1pm over here so i got all day

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,669
    Time is fine, I hate China with a passion though i imagine but race will mirror Mclaren's endlessly overtaken on the straight before ending in a barrier :laugh:

• Sad Sad x 2
  7. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,197
    I'll probably join you in the barrier since the final corner is 50/50 on letting me actually survive it :rolleyes:

8. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,669
    mine is the double left hander in sector 2. If go on the kerb your going in the barrier.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,008
    The hardest turn on the track is the entry to the double left hander in sector 2. You have to perform a Scandinavian flick to get it just right. :confused:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,197
    Really? That's the hardest corner for people?... Huh, at least I know where to overtake people now :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 3
  11. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,203
    I'd agree actually that corner is a tricky one to get consistently right and when the tyres are losing grip it becomes even more so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,197
    Yeah it's tricky to be consistent there sure, I'm just surprised lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,203
    The last corner is also quite difficult to get consistently right and it's so important because if you get it wrong you lose speed on the long run down to turn 1. Same with the loop before the back straight really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,008
    This track is an exercise in controlled oversteer. Except for the slow corners, the big loops and even several others will have your hands very busy. That's what makes it a decent designer.

15. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,203
    OK guys you may have to find a new host for tomorrow. One of the daughters birthdays tomorrow and an afternoon visit we were going to make has just changed to a family BBQ... starting around 4ish :rolleyes::unsure:. I'm hoping I can be back in time but can't guarantee it, depends how quickly things get going on the cooking front. I'll be prompting them if things are dragging you can bet on that.

I'll post here tomorrow evening as soon as I know the score, fingers crossed it will all be done and dusted in time for me to race.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,203
    Still not left yet and it's a bit of a journey to get home... just remembered too that it's an early kick-off so that jusy abit Zeals the deal.. disappointed as I always enjoy Shanghai and would it have been good to race it after today's great GP. But had a great sunny afternoon with family so can't complain too much.

Good luck and hoping you all have a clean and trouble free race :thumbsup:

17. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +679
    Early kick-off? I thought it was 9pm for us?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,197
    It is 9pm for us.

I just wanna know who's the backup host? :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  19. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ratings:
    +405
    Race in an hour in 10 min?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob Carver

Rob Carver

Ratings:
    +321
    Afternoon fellas. It's been a while, hope your all doing well! It's great to see the Xbox championship is still going strong

After the GP today I felt the need to break out the wheel and do a few laps so if any of you are after some practice before the race let me know and we will blast around China :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1