• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

ROUND THREE - BAHRAIN; April 23; 21:00pm BST; 50%

Discussion in 'Xbox One | F1 Championship' started by Rob, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,871
    The RACEDEPARTMENT
    2017 Formula One Racing League

presents
    [​IMG]

Bahrian International Circuit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Date: April 23, 2017
    Distance: 50% (28 laps)
    Host: Hammerpgh
    Day: SUNDAY
    Start Time: 4pm EDT; 9pm BST; 8pm GMT
    Vehicle Damage: FULL
    Car Performance: EQUAL
    Safety Car: ON
    Collisions: ON
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Corner Cutting: NORMAL
    View: ANY (Cockpit is encouraged, but not mandatory)
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: DYNAMIC
    Formation Lap: YES
    Parc Ferme: ON
    Qualifying: SHORT
    In-Game Race Time: OFFICIAL

Note 4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.

Drivers signed up for league are as follows. Post below if you will attend.
    1 - Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Red Bull
    2 - Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Red Bull #3
    3 - Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / McLaren
    4 - Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr/ McLaren
    5 - Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Ferrari
    6 - Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari
    7 - Karl Fuss / niblips2 / Sauber
    8 - Craig Renard / RDD Renard / Renault
    9 - Trevor Montgomery / FoXtRoT12369 / Scudaria Torro Rosso
    10 - Carlos Jimenez / nachirri / Mercedes
    11 - ABalazs_97 / MrSwAgG99 9 / Haas F1
    12 - Tim Pigg/ tepiggs / Sauber
    13 - Rob Poelmans / Rob46Be / Mercedes

[​IMG]
    Paddock Club
    Notice To The Following : @Karl Fuss @Rob @Peter Hooper @mcnasty1 @Gareth Jones @Mitch Gosling @Carlos Jimenez @Matthew Booth @ @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely

Restarts will be at the discretion of the host, but shall be limited to mass disconnects (as defined by the host), or a game related glitch. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to twitch their races and post later.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

This league wants to make clear that incident reports, while unfortunate, are expected, and no discrimination shall be taken against drivers that file such incident reports. *Discrimination* shall be defined at the discretion of the Co-Director and his admin designee, if needed. Actions that shall include discrimination are, but are not limited to retaliatory actions against the complainant; and actions, which are retaliatory or not, which are detrimental to be detrimental to the league.

More importantly, the over-arching purpose here is to have fun, and the responsibility of our work here centers on freedom. No thought police will troll this forum, and we all can joke like adults without taking offense unless threatening or defamatory.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Im out.

Looks like up to 8 missed races then :thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +643
    What about these new people who haven't attended the first two races and we haven't heard from? Abalazs and Tim Pigg? Anyone know what @Carlos Jimenez is doing about a wheel.

4. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    Out

5. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,147
    I wouldn't hold your breath :rolleyes:

6. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    I'll see if I can get them via PM or xbox., but the yes vote would still carry at this point, I think.

I'm very sorry Boothy, I was blindsided by this too, but I would still have been outvoted 2-1 if we had discussed this among admin. I'll likely miss four instead of three now. But I suspect more because of "life" being unpredictable. Just a game, I know...

I thought I could rely on a schedule linked to a real series, but I guess not. My friends and family actually respect my hobby and know that it's something that makes me happy. They have even left to let me race. And if I know when to plan, that happens more often.

Oh, and as this rule states....

4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.

In fact, the language should have read the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". the committee "shall declare a "non points race". I'm not sure who "the committee" is, but it better not be those on the grid for this race. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    I think the AI inclusion has been seen as a negative by most hence why we left them out in the end last week. I'm always happy to include them though.

It's really nothing to do with whether anyone respects a hobby or not... when family events are held over a bank holiday weekend which is what Easter is here then family comes first for me. I've often managed to work things around them but it's not always possible. I'm happy for you to go ahead, the suggestion was never meant to cause inconvenience to anyone it was just felt to be a reasonable idea at the time.

I've tried contacting tepeggs as I added hun to my friends list when he joined but have had no response even though he wad online several times when I was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,147
    A bit uncalled for to blame others friends and family to be honest.

• Angry Angry x 1
  9. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    A bit uncalled for to misread my statement as "balme". Please pay closer attention and don't personally attack others. I did not attack you or Peter. I have always and forever said that family comes first and Peter knows that. I consider your insult pretty bad Mitch. I didn't attack you with such a reckless statement.

What I said was: My friends and family actually respect my hobby and know that it's something that makes me happy. I fully realize Peter and all of us are in different situations, which is why consistency matters.

As for you Peter, I appreciate, as always, your opinion and even temper.

I know that's what YOU meant to do, but that's not what happened. I had already make plans to race and see my family, and my wife's family. And I bet they live a lot further away than yours. So, I *relied* on what we all agreed on. Then, suddenly we get a poll...and of course, who can argue against a poll. Is that your idea of not inconveniencing everyone? My parents lost part of their roof when a massive Tornado struck Va. Beach last week. Luckily they were not home. I agreed to come help my 70 year old father clean up and repair his house. This was done because I *relied* on the schedule. And with the three drops, this whole "let's move a race" fiasco (as far as I can tell, the two that started the conversation are the ones 100% out, and that caused two others to be 100% out. So, It's a wash. Let's not change things again. Okay? Please.

10. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,147
    :O_o: That wasn't an attack or an insult.

Whatever though, I still see the same implication there in your statement, you can take that as you will, I'll just laugh at the irony :laugh:

11. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    Of course you do Mitch. Thanks for weighing in on our conversation and your verdict based in your perceived "implication." I never attacked you or your family and I would respect any decision you made in favor of them.

Peter and I argue like this all the time, mostly in PM (about almost everything, lol). He does not take it personally and neither do I. I consider Peter my best friend here at RD, and we go way back, in many many leagues after F1 2013 with much discussion between us. I respect him and always will. Karl, Eric, Michael Watts, others too...they just don't prefer to debate, so I don't with them, and we don't talk as much in PM. But it's just a debate with Peter. If anything I am guilty of "getting into heated debate" (which forum people automatically label as trolling :rolleyes: as their "argument"), I don't personally attack. If I ever do, I will apologize. If Peter agrees with you, I apologize to him, but not you. I know that most don't like confrontation, and I respect that. But in this case, the topic was brought up in the paddock area. As I said to Peter and Karl, it should have taken place in the Admin PM are first. But, hey, I don't blame them for that either.

12. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,147
    Don't always take what I say as an "attack" or an "insult" on you Rob, because it's in no way intended as one. if I've misunderstood you, tell me I have without being condescending.
    But you do you Rob :thumbsup:

13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    Oh no Mitch, you are right. This is in no way an insult, right? And it came from nowhere and was meant to drive a spike between me and Peter. Good thing we were not in a bar. Calling me out for "attacking" Peter's family. You have no idea who I am. If I could, I'd put you on ignore. Good riddance. Either apologize or stop posting about me altogether.

edit: You are ignored because we have other admin. Better for you and me. I'll leave it to others to police your sh*t.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  14. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,147
    Christ... Rob, I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. If I've done anything wrong, I fully expect people to tell me I have or to "police me". I also wasn't aware that I couldn't comment about apparently anything without trying to "drive a spike between you and Peter" :rolleyes:

15. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    obvious question - to stop people missing it can we just tag it onto the Russian one since their both 50%?

If anyone wants to drive the ferrari im happy to swap out since now missing 50% of the season. Im content to drive anything but my appearances here will be more sporadic tbh since it's nearly summer so may bugger off to a beer garden a few times since it won't matter too much really. :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  16. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,425
    Another good idea. But not sure ppl would want to do 2 races in one weekend.
    Another idea was to run this race twice, this Sunday and next Sunday, and give half points for each race. Half points are better than none IMO but not sure what others think or who coukd host it this weekend.

17. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    I'll be running against the A.I. tomorrow. Looking forward to it. No need to complicate a clear and decisive vote. The people have spoken.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    That's the best idea so far or just sacking off Russia & do 100% Bahrain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,871
    I'll not be sacking off any track. In my mind, we had, what I thought, were two cornerstones going in -- no assists, and follow the season. If you don't like a track or can't make it, we have three drops. That's not too hard to understand in my book, but I guess I should have been more clear about what I thought was going to happen in talking with Peter and Karl.

20. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    How's it going guys?
    Listen, I don't race here with you guys anymore but it was fantastic and the guys were very friendly toward each other. I have been reading now and then and it seems that some people don't quite get on with each other? Is that a fair assessment?
    I had problems with someone we will call Rafael. We didn't get on and it started to effect moral in this thread. It then led onto both of us not being dirty but not being very nice to each other.
    At this time despite being 2nd in championship I almost quit and my old mate @Chris Benham had a chat with me in private and I looked it another way and think I went on to win the championship.
    Keep it on track lads, keep it fun. I race rf2 now and it's not any where near as the fun I had here. This will always be my true home on racedep your a cracking set of guys don't ruin it for yourselves.
    Peter Hooper, and Karl fuss, carlos also boothy I remember well, listen to these guys they are veterans at this f1 league and have kept it going.
    Behave or il come back and haunt you all :ninja::D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1