• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

ROUND THIRTEEN - Monza; September 3; 21:00 BST; 50%

Discussion in 'XB1 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Rob, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    The RACEDEPARTMENT
    2017 Formula One Racing League

presents
    [​IMG]

Autodromo Nazionale Monza
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Distance: 50%
    Host: Hammerpgh (Peter Hooper)
    Day: SUNDAY
    Start Time: 4pm EDT; 9pm BST; 8pm GMT
    Vehicle Damage: FULL
    Car Performance: EQUAL
    Safety Car: ON
    Collisions: ON
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Corner Cutting: NORMAL
    View: ANY (Cockpit is encouraged, but not mandatory)
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: DYNAMIC
    Formation Lap: YES
    Parc Ferme: ON
    Qualifying: SHORT
    In-Game Race Time: OFFICIAL

Note 4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.

Drivers signed up for league are as follows. Post below if you will attend.
    Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Torro Rosso RACING
    Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Torro Rosso RACING
    Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / McLaren RACING
    Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Ferrari RACING
    Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari RACING
    Karl Fuss / niblips2 / Sauber RACING
    Trevor Montgomery / FoXtRoT12369 / Mercedes UNAVAILABLE
    Craig Renard / RDD Renard / Renault UNAVAILABLE
    Westley Byfield / unaufadox / Renault RACING
    Owen Brockis / brocko 7 / Williams RACING
    Jake Browne / II JAKE B 14 / Williams RACING
    Mike Baker / MBMotorSports2 / Haas UNAVAILABLE
    Neale Horne / Nealson67/ Haas RACING
    Will / BIGWILL369 / Mercedes RACING
    Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Force India RACING

[​IMG]

Paddock Club
    Notice To The Following
    : @Karl Fuss @Rob @Peter Hooper @mcnasty1 @Gareth Jones @Mitch Gosling @Carlos Jimenez @Matthew Booth @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely @Railer Cantrell @bigwill369 @unaufadox @Neal @mikeyboy @Owen B

Restarts will be at the discretion of the host, but shall be limited to mass disconnects (as defined by the host), or a game related glitch. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to twitch their races and post later.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the
    league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

This league wants to make clear that incident reports, while unfortunate, are expected, and no discrimination shall be taken against drivers that file such incident reports. *Discrimination* shall be defined at the discretion of the league officials, if needed. Actions that shall include discrimination are, but are not limited to, retaliatory actions against the complainant, and actions, retaliatory or not, which are meant to discourage incident reports to the league.

More importantly, the over-arching purpose here is to have fun, and the responsibility of our work here centers on freedom. No thought police will troll this forum, and we all can joke like adults without taking offense unless threatening violence or defamatory.

Note 4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.
    ________

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Scuderia Torro Rosso

3. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr / Mclaren

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +139
    Bigwill369 / Mercedes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Owen B

Owen B

Ratings:
    +84
    Owen Brockis / brocko 7 / Williams Martini Racing

I should be available. It's be uncles wedding so hopefully I'm back by 9pm

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Ferrari.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,225
    Mitch Gosling | mitch4p4looz4 | SFH70H

• Like Like x 1
  8. Railer Cantrell

Railer Cantrell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Force India

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    My setup seems to be pretty stable. A bit of oversteer if you push it through Ascari or the Parabolica, but that's to be expected. I'm in the low 24s on reds, but that's not TT, but P1 in Multiplayer. 1:24.4 is my best in TT in the Toro Rosso. I can hang with the 90% A.I. with this setup, but just barely.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trevor Montgomery

Trevor Montgomery

Ratings:
    +97
    trevor montgomery/foxtrot12369/mercedes amg. im a maybe as of right now i still have to get permission from the FIA (female incharge aroundhere) before im clear to race

• Haha Haha x 4
  11. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,298
    Peter Hooper/Hammerpgh/McLaren... the orange one :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,549
    That's more than a second faster than me so far... nice.

Karl Fuss / niblips2 / Sauber

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Not on TT it isn't. lol. You were 1.8 ahead of me I think. Though you were in the Merc, I could not gain 1.8 if I changed for TT, I don't think.

Glad to see that setups are at least a whisper more relevant. Some odd settings helped, like diff and tires.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,549
    In my practice race the other day my best was 1:25.7xx in the Mercedes.
    At least there should be some close battles with this new game....based on the lap times anyway.

15. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    Don't know about the rest of you but the Merc to me feels like a boat, lots of understeer and little response on turn-in, unless I'm really cautious.

I thought the 1/1 wings setups weren't do-able any more Rob? I shall try yours.

16. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I don't think they are, but at Monza, like IRL, they should be. And these cars have so much grip, that it's not a problem. In fact, the natural downforce almost makes the wings moot. For instance, at China, I could run the same average lap times with 1/1, 11/11, or 6/6. Of course, Monaco would require high and Monza low, which is good, but China is not realistic, so the setups need much more work. Things like ballast matter more now, i think, because you are so fast and on edge, but with more control, if that makes sense. The setups I see mostly have ballast at 10-11, but that's the opposite of what open wheel racers want in general, because they prefer a loose rear. (I mean, who doesn't :)).

So, at Monza, try the 1/1 wings. I tried ballast at 10, but it was way loose. You could alwaysthen turn the "enhanced" understeer setting to "off" and see if that helps. (Or maybe "on" because I think it actually helps you feel the front end and is more realistic). Otherwise, maybe ballast toward the front. Mine is 4 I think. Or 5.

17. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,298
    I think when it comes to places like Monza the low aero settings are perfectly acceptable. You only have to look at the wing configurations in the real world where they hardly run any wing. Personally I struggle to run low wing setups, even at 3/2 tonight I was not comfortable and got out of shape way too often, especially through Ascari.

18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I'd be up for another online run Karl, if you want. Maybe around 7pm or so. @mcnasty1 may be able to join? Or @Railer Cantrell

19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I was watching your feed and what struck me was your gear shifts in most chicanes were a gear lower than mine. When I first played, the natural tendency was to shift to a lower gear, but I think with all the grip these cars have, my favorite technique is to lean on the grip (glide through the corners, don't drive them) which helped. Form me, Ascari was 5th throughout, and the second chicane was 3rd the whole way...and that gained me a second or so. It's a different style of driving, but closer to reality I'd imagine, because the rotation of the car can now help you but it's scary when you are trying to find that edge. You can't get that rotation with the ballast in the rear, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Trevor Montgomery

Trevor Montgomery

Ratings:
    +97
    did a little testing last night when i had a few minutes and noteced one thing. i couldnt adjust my ffb settings anywhere in the menus like the option was not there so i had to do my test at full settings... i could feel the ants sperm on the road...

• Haha Haha x 3