• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

ROUND ONE - AUSTRALIA; March 26; 21:00 GMT; 50%

Discussion in 'Xbox One | F1 Championship' started by Rob, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,870
    The RACEDEPARTMENT
    2017 Formula One Racing League
    presents
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Date: March 26, 2017
    Distance: 50%
    Host:
    Hammerpgh
    Day: SUNDAY
    Start Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern; 9pm BST; 21:00 GMT
    Vehicle Damage: FULL
    Car Performance: EQUAL
    Safety Car: ON
    Collisions: ON
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Corner Cutting: NORMAL
    View: ANY (Cockpit is encouraged, but not mandatory)
    Assists: NONE
    Weather: DYNAMIC
    Formation Lap: YES
    Parc Ferme: ON
    Qualifying: SHORT
    In-Game Race Time: OFFICIAL

Note 4.3) Minimum Grid: Where human driver participation is lower than 12, and the majority of the drivers agree, the grid will be topped up using AI controlled cars. If the total number of human drivers is less than 6 then the committee will decide if the race declared a "non points paying race". Such a declaration to be made before starting.

Drivers Signed up to Race are as follows. Post below if you cannot attend.

1 - Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Red Bull
    2 - Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Red Bull #3
    3 - Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / McLaren
    4 - Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr/ McLaren
    5 - Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Ferrari
    6 - Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari
    7 - Karl Fuss / niblips2 / Sauber
    8 - Craig Renard / RDD Renard / Renault
    9 - Trevor Montgomery / FoXtRoT12369 / Scudaria Torro Rosso
    10 - Carlos Jimenez / nachirri / Mercedes
    11 - ABalazs_97 / MrSwAgG99 9 / Haas F1
    12 - Tim Pigg/ tepiggs / Sauber
    12 - Rob Poelmans / Rob46Be / Mercedes

[​IMG]
    Paddock Club
    Notice To The Following : @Karl Fuss @Rob @Peter Hooper @mcnasty1 @Gareth Jones @Mitch Gosling @Carlos Jimenez @Matthew Booth @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @Southern Racer @ABalazs_97 @poely

Restarts will be at the discretion of the host, but shall be limited to mass disconnects (as defined by the host), or a game related glitch. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to twitch their races and post later.

Penalties and Appeals
    All drivers who participate agree to adhere to the standards of driving that are outlined in the league regulations. In addition, the league rules, the racing rules of this website www.racedepartment.com apply here as well, and will preempt the league rules when the two conflict. They are incorporated by reference.

This league wants to make clear that incident reports, while unfortunate, are expected, and no discrimination shall be taken against drivers that file such incident reports. *Discrimination* shall be defined at the discretion of the Co-Director and his admin designee, if needed. Actions that shall include discrimination are, but are not limited to retaliatory actions against the complainant; and actions, which are retaliatory or not, which are detrimental to be detrimental to the league.

More
    importantly, the over-arching purpose here is to have fun, and the responsibility of our work here centers on freedom. No thought police will troll this forum, and we all can joke like adults without taking offense unless threatening or defamatory.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
  3. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I probably won't be here if allowed to go out as usual to wrasslin' but it's mothers day so may possibly get scrapped for a meal out and ill be back in time if that happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Damn!! I forgot all about it being Mothers Day that day....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    Red bull 1
    McLaren 0

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Looking forward to getting some practice in for this one.. might be my best chance to start off a career at last this year and finally get to try out the practice session tests :thumbsup:.

Look forward to seeing everyone's progress here too... will be good to see the ol' Xbox F1 League forum alive again :)

7. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    Sure will be. Now is the time to get the word out. I think there are many people who want to play with no assists, but leagues like XRL basically ban them if hey are not fast enough with assists on. :O_o:

I have already started testing. :ninja:. Once again, how the mightly McLaren have fallen.

8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    They haven't fallen anywhere yet... we have not set foot in Melbourne...

9. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Anybody else going to be starting a career in their league car for the start of this new season? I am looking forward to sampling the career mode for the first time.... it's only taken me 8 months lol. Keen to see what these practice session tests I have heard about are like :geek:

10. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    I thought hard about it, but decided against it because the car we get as a rookie is not quite up to par with what we drive in the league. I didn't wan't to ingrain bad habits or second guesses more than they already are.

Another factor was the ability to test in an online session. You can get a lot of data that way. :ninja:. On the downside, you adroitly mentioned the one big advantage of career -- the practice programs. In fact, you have given me an idea...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    The online practice sessions are handy for sure. It's a shame they don't allow you to continue past the practice into qualifying and the race as well but at least you can get all you need setup wise in the practice.

12. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    I'm afraid you will have to race in a real man's car to practice off-line. Such as:
    [​IMG]

13. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Nah, i'll pass on that.. been there done that. You forget I am not as fussy and can practice in any car :whistling: You better hope it does give you wings :ninja:

The Red Bull is not the equal car don't forget..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Our respective team mates are keeping out of this one lol The quiet ones are always the fastest :ninja:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,425
    I just went back to my career. was stuck at Baku for the last couple months.... completed it yesterday. Even with the added AI level I still struggle to find the right one. Set to Master here i was placing last, but set to Expert (one level lower) i was too fast. Think i just need to leave it at Master.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Yeah it does seem that they have not quite got the gaps between levels correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +643
    Oh, the American is pushing it Peter...we'll have to do something about him. :devilish:

• Haha Haha x 3
  18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    That's right. Nothing equals the Red Bull. It is the Uberauto in the game, and sadly I will not even need its superpowers to beat you.

19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,870
    Don't those in the EU form a committee or something to study the environmental impact first? You need the proper clearances, after all. Besides, your leader agrees with me. :roflmao: So don't count on F1 2017 to rescue your ass. :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,000
    Talk is cheap.. a bit like the look of that Red Bull and judging by your pit babes choice so is your taste ;)

• Haha Haha x 2