1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Round 8: European GP | 15/11/2016

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by SJM1337, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Tom

60.0%
  2. Colin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Graham

10.0%
  4. Jerry

20.0%
  5. Mats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dan

10.0%
  1. [​IMG]
    Race Department | Weekday Championship - Season 1

Round 8: European Grand Prix - Baku
    Date: Tuesday 15th November 2016
    Time: 8:00PM GMT (UK Time)

Current WDC Leader: Simeon Lynch
    Current WCC Leader: Williams-Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mitchell Haverlag (4)*
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Simeon Lynch (6)*
    Announcements:
    - If you can't attend:
    If you cannot make the race, please let us know as early as possible so we can assign reserve drivers to the race, thanks!

- Reserve Drivers:
    If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know by answering the questions in this thread and we will try to fit you in.

Questions to drivers?

Will you be attending?
    Who will be on pole?
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP?
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada?

Attendance List:
    - Saif
    - Jerry
    - Alex
    - Tom
    - Jason
    - Jamie
    - Martjn
    - Mark

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. A few little changes to the race thread format and the way the league will be ran:
    - Race threads will have less build-up/review of the last race because I'm quite busy and I think everyone here would rather prefer just to race and have a list of stats readily available.

- The pre-race poll will change every week to something a bit more engaging then just who is going to win the race.

- Following this change to the race thread, I'll also simplify the forum a bit when I get some time, I'd rather have us focus on the pure racing and have a league that can be stable going long-term by focusing on the important things rather then trying too much to make this into a social club and waste time, we're all getting older now so it's hard for us to commit too much time into it all. The key focus from now on will be filling up grid spots and making sure the racing is clean and fun for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending?: Should be there
    Who will be on pole?: Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?: Lynchy, Mitchell, Mikey
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?: Dan will finish the race
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP?: 6ish, I had a fun first 20 laps leading and trying to keep Lynchy behind but after that it dragged on like crazy.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada?: I expect utter chaos at the start at least.

4. Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending?: Can't make this one, I will be out at sea getting drunk!
    Who will be on pole?: Mikey
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?: Mikey, Lynchy, Jamie
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?: Mikey - making it the entire way without a single incident
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP?: Kind of an oddly worded question to be honest .... the word "boring" already makes a determination of how the race was so a scale is useless. Regardless, I agree that it was pretty much a waste of my time.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada?: I hope very few people finish the race so as to minimize my loss in the championship point as I will be missing this round. As it looks now, this should be the only race that I miss this season.

Saif, I am proud of you for making the changes to this forum that you've had to make. I think that keeping attendance high is paramount in the success of this league going forward. It's a bit disappointing that we've had a few people drop out already but I urge everyone to invite anyone they know to join us so we can continue to have a great time each week. We have a lot of potential.

Have a great race guys - see you at Austria!! :)

5. Will you be attending?: YES
    Who will be on pole?: Mikey
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?: Mikey, Lynchy, Saif
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?: hopefully me getting 6th or higher
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP?: 7 not much happend indeed. the rain made it even worse i think
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada?: I think i could be the suprise of the season with people not DNF and talent showing what they made off.

see you on the track!!

6. Will you be attending? Yes
    Who will be on pole? Lynch or saif, maybe Des if he is racing and actually trying :p
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? same as the pole favourites, but maybe mitchell and myself in the mix
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? me again hopefully
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? no idea
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Definetly more like monaco because the sim damage is gonna take away a lot of drivers, and also the safety car might be involved aswell

Have not touched this track since the release week, so might be good to get some mileage on it in a competetive environment :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Safety car? You must be joking. :laugh:

8. Will you be attending?
    I don't think I'll be able to make this one. :( I will Let you guys no if that changes though. :thumbsup:
    Who will be on pole?
    Saif
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Jamie, Mikey, Saif
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    Jamie P1, if that would be surprising?
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP?
    6/10. There was a lot happening in the first couple of laps but it was a fairly quiet race for me.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada?
    I thought everyone did well in Canada but I would expect a lot of DNFs here, especially after what happened in Monaco :confused:

9. Round 8: European Grand Prix - Baku
    Date: Tuesday 15th November 2016

Questions to drivers?

Will you be attending? Yes
    Who will be on pole? Saif
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Saif, mikey, jerry
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Jerry
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? 14.4
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Halfway in between I think.

• Wow Wow x 1
  10. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    Just Another Racer

Firstly I echo Andrews comments that I appreciate what you've had to do with the forum, this league will succeed.

Will you be attending? Should be
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mark, Alex, Tom
    Who will score the surprise result of the race? Mark by winning
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? Probably one of the most boring races I have ever been a part of lol
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Carnage, there will be deaths on this circuit!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I should be home in time to race on Tuesday. :thumbsup: Gonna go and practice my special strategy (going slow and not crashing).

12. Realised I hadn't done anything on Baku apart from a DNF in single race.

This is how bad I am :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I am improving but 3rd? Lets hope so :D thnx for the support though :D

14. Will you be attending? Yes
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mitchell and Saif
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? I hope me, for finishing high.
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? Beginning was fun as I had great pace even with a half front wing, but after my stop I was all on my own till the end.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Haven't driven a lap on this track yet but I don't think its too difficult. Hope it stays dry.

15. Managed a 50% race single player today, purely to see how the race played out and to learn the track a bit. I used a few flashbacks due to idiotic AI and binned it a couple of times out of fatigue.

Car setup will win this, those going low wings will hit issues when the tyres wear to 25-30%, those on high wings will lose out on every straight.

Fatigue is a major factor, the breaking zones are heavy and unforgiving.

Hopefully It will be a good race

Edit- race vid, fails and all.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Will you be attending? Yes
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mitchell and Jamie
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Tom
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? Was looking forward to this race so much! Eventually a decent 9 on the boring scale.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Choatic for sure.

17. Will you be attending? YES
    Who will be on pole? the one setting best time in quali
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? the three that finishes in the top three
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me, I'll finish 9th
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? I fell asleep a cpl of times during race. Imagine my surprise when I still got to finish the race
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? I hope it will be complete mayhem! Only 9 cars will finish. I'll finish last of the ones finishing..;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Will you be attending? Yes
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mikey and Jamie
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me by not crashing and causing a massacre in the process!
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? 10 because I wasn't there to cause many deaths.
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? Absolute madness.

19. Freechilly / McLaren Honda

20. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Will you be attending? Yes, shamefully. Not sure with a pad or a wheel yet though
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Lynchy and Lynchy
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Saif
    On a scale of 1-10, how boring was the Canadian GP? Considering I was taken out at T1 and then stuffed it in the wall a lap later? -7
    Will Baku be choatic in terms of DNFs like Monaco or calm like Canada? No, it'll be dry.