[ROUND 7 DAYTONA] STC RACE DIRECTION vs RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would very much accept if Jesper hadn't been received the go ahead by the guys in the green room...

Well, the guys on the green room (Me, Eckhart and Xosé) granted Jesper permission to rejoin the server... that´s all. There where 2 valid options in my eyes to get in:

1) If Jesper already made an attempt and his conection crashed or pressed escape, he was not allowed to set a new qualy lap, but of course he was allowed to rejoin the server.

2) If Jesper had no time to make an attempt before a connection breackdown, it was fine to rejoin the server and set a qualy lap.

So if he asked us to rejoin the server? In both cases we would have said yes, and he would have been the one taking care of not breaking any rule. I think rules are very clear on that matter.

My tip and I hope you all follow is, keep the discussion cool and let´s vote having in consideration the involved parts words. In ths case STC Race Direction and RPM´s Car 1.

As a diferent example on the same race, Robin Johansson from GKB set his qualy lap normally getting a P7 and then his PC totally crahed, so in instance the GKB reserve driver (Goran Johansson) had to join and he started the race from the last position.

To end, I want to say we are not putting our finger on Jeser, as maybe he did the mistake and forgot the rule for a second... that could happen anyone.

I am leaning towards that he left the room with intent to get another quali attempt. Of course its just his word against others so it cant be proven so voting for the harshest penalty would probably be abit too hard so i am going for -10 points and no Q for next round.

I think your mis-reading what I mean. I agree that Jesper left the game because he crashed, not for any other reason. What I'm saying is Jesper did not then just pretend it didn't happen and rejoin. He asked the guys to rejoin (yes he didn't make it clear why he had left the game - which he should have) but because the fact that he didn't mention he crashed meant he did another lap - presuming the STC guys had said it was ok (which he mis-read). It's a mistake and mistakes must be punished. So we're willing to take a harsh penalty because of this and definitely lesson learned.

I agree that Jesper left the game because he crashed.
Ross this is the point we don't understand.
The only reason he left is to do requal. Otherwise you ask first then do it, you just don't something first and then ask "can I ?". What if Staff said he couldn't rejoin ? Was he going to risk not to take part ? Doesn't make sense at all. The only reason to leave is to do requal and that is cheating, sry no other words there. You just don't leave qual because you crash.

-10 points is no qual next race as that is what should have happened in the first place.

I know, that's what I said? He left and yes it was cheating - but he asked the staff to rejoin and mis-read their reply thinking he could do another lap. If you actually read it, it does make sense and I'm agreeing with you and you still somehow manage to pick an argument out of it???

mis-read their reply thinking he could do another lap

Ross, don't think you understood me. Try to read again what you said.
He left, and then asked can i rejoin, and understood i can requal.
But he left ? While there was no reason to leave ? How can you then misread if your plan was al to requal ??
So he planned to cheat and then understoon hey i am on not cheating ?? Common Ross, thats bull****.

No he did cheat -as I said. He left wanting to do another lap. Then he asked the guys could he rejoin and they said yes. Jesper (wrongly) took this as a chance to do another lap - rules and rules and he broke the rules but he didn't plan to cheat. He assumed the rejoin was a chance for another lap - which is why we are penalized, so what have I said this time which you don't understand?

BFR voted -12p because we cannot go into refereeing 26 super pole laps each meet, so trust is of the essence and - whether knowingly or unwittingly - trust was breached here. That said, I personally know Jesper only as a fair and friendly player, considerations which do not come into account here however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back