[ROUND 7 DAYTONA] STC RACE DIRECTION vs RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported team: RPM
Reported car: Jesper Taulborg

Description:

During the qualifying of the last race, STC staff realized PSRtv responsibles wouldn't be present in time to start the broadcast normally, so a session restart would be needed. That implies I (Xosé) was trying to contact Ian from PSRtv, and David and Eckhart were taking notes of the qualifying positions, quite busy momment.

At a certain point, Jesper entered the staff TS channel and mantained the following conversation with us:

Jesper - Guys, can I re-enter the server?
Xosé - You are not in the server anymore?
Jesper - No, I'm not
Xosé - Ok, you can rejoin the server then.
David - Yes, is open qualy session, you can rejoin
Jesper - Ok, thanks guys

The STC staff assumed he disconnected from qualy session, so confirmed him he was authorized to rejoin, as everybody else did in this case in the past.

What we didn't know was that Jesper already had a qualifying attempt with this result:

It seems he made a mistake and then pressed ESC and left the server.

He asked then authorization to rejoin, and when he did he set a new qualy time.

In the conversation we maintained this first try was never mentioned, and we were never asked about authorization to make a second attempt.

We ordered the grid manually during warmup lap and this facts were never communicated to race direction also.

The incident was reported by more than one team and looks very serious to us, so we decided to report it in STC name.

Jesper was told he could rejoin so he presumed all was ok -
Quote from him:

I crashed out on outlap.
went then up to the green room or what its called and ask if it was okay if rejoined.
They said it was okay.

And then I went out on the track again.

If he wasn't able to rejoin, it would of been better to have been told before the race, rather than after it. But as you were unaware of what happened, it's a difficult situation. I think this is a tricky one as there is no written rule about a situation like this, so it will be very very hard to penalise correctly.

Yeh I understand that, but he then asked the Race Direction if he could rejoin and he was given the go ahead, we would of rather had Jesper start last and finish about P5 or P6 rather than him come P2 and receive a big penalty,

Yeh I understand that, but he then asked the Race Direction if he could rejoin and he was given the go ahead, we would of rather had Jesper start last and finish about P5 or P6 rather than him come P2 and receive a big penalty,

Ross, Why didn't he told what happened ? If he did he wouldn't have got a second go.

If guy are going to ESC out and do a new qual lap, then what is the point of superpole.

Superpole is one go and thats it, no need to ask.

Ross, this is too much. Its obvious your not supposed to have more than one attempt at qualifying. Clearly Jesper made an attempt, crashed on his out lap and tried to have another go, withholding information that he had already made an attempt. Your just making the team look bad by trying to defend him. Its a serious breach of the rules. Just because the rule has no specific "You can not have more than one attempt" line in it. It shouldn't need to be said. Its "Super Pole" for a reason, one chance that is it. This is bending the rules to breaking point. That you are trying to defend it makes it worse in my view.

we would of rather had Jesper start last and finish about P5 or P6 rather than him come P2 and receive a big penalty,

Well quite frankly you should make sure your team doesn't bend the rules then, end of. If any of our team tried to do this (which they wouldn't) They wouldn't be in the team afterwards, they are not just representing themselves, they are representing all of us.
If you don't believe that well we have done it before when one of our members did not adhere to the rules.

WOOWW! Ok serious overstep here now guys jsut chill it! I would very much accept if Jesper hadn't been received the go ahead my the guys in the green room, once again please stop pointing the finger at me and please do not tell me how to run my team. This goes against the rules of this thread where it's meant to be "Leave your vote, reason and discuss by PM" I tried that earlier but looks like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

WOOWW! Ok serious overstep here now guys jsut chill it! I would very much accept if Jesper hadn't been received the go ahead my the guys in the green room,

They gave him the go because they thought he disconnected. Not that he screwed up his Q and rejoined to get a better time.

If that accident would happend for real....its a big chance that the driver will not survive....But we are in a game and the driver did survive,only the car was dead....so from my point of view the qualy was done for that driver.The problem is:did he forgot to mention that he did have a try and failed...or he made it on purpose to have another go.
If we vote as a friend than we say he forgot to mention and no penalty....if we vote as rules demands it then it deserve a penalty.
Maybe a no Q for the next race""because he did 2 quals"" but no points taken.

Le. After i read some post its clear -10 and no Q.

WOOWW! Ok serious overstep here now guys jsut chill it! I would very much accept if Jesper hadn't been received the go ahead my the guys in the green room, once again please stop pointing the finger at me and please do not tell me how to run my team. This goes against the rules of this thread where it's meant to be "Leave your vote, reason and discuss by PM" I tried that earlier but looks like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

I answer in STC name because I was mentioned.

We authorised him to re-enter for the same reason we keep the qualy open, to minimize the loss of drivers because technical problems.

That doesn't imply you have a second attempt, that is a different thing.

In case we had the full information at the momment, the answer would be:

"You can rejoin the server, but you have to start from the back of the grid as you already made your superpole attempt".

Basicaly what your trying to say Ross, is its everyone elses fault but not Jepsers. Maybe David and Xose should get a penalty..... Ofcource it was done on purpose you/he must think we were born yesterday.

Just to add to this, when Jesper made his second attempt he ran out of fuel on his inlap. Unfortunatley you can't get it on replay after he joined he doesn't show. He was obviously trying to get the best Q lap possible by fair means or not.

Really this should be a straight DQ for Jespers car.

(I'm not being personal Ross, your all nice guys at RPM. I just think your defending something you shouldn't. How would you feel if the roles were reversed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%