Round 5 - Imola

@RenZ_ VERY nice setup, litterally shaved off 1.5 seconds off my time! Made some small changes to the ride height to make sure it wouldn't be trapped in sand during the race, I also changed the gears for a safer car on race setup (didn't notice much time difference though).
Changed the front camber too, as I was feeling a little bit of understeer at the entry of turns.

Attachments

• matheus Q.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 285
  • MAtheus R.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 279
Nice one. Glad I could be of service. My actual setup has a better front end also, my aim was to make a good neutral base for everyone :)

What were your gearing changes? Does it bog down off the line with the new ratios?
I will admit I do have to delay change into 2nd on some corners so as not to lock the rear but I don't mind, it is a good way to get it rotated if I have gone a bit deep.

I noticed Sun has just gone Ludicrous Speed :) I think I only have a low 41 in me (going RD legit anyway) at around 94-95%. More laps for me I think :coffee:

Awesome setup @RenZ_ Feels very nice to drive :thumbsup: Much less mid corner understeer than my set, mine turns in slightly better though. I still need to do some tweaking to find the best balance, thanks again :)

Last edited:
@Chris Stacey I should be fine for the most part, but I am going to be away from my laptop until late Saturday afternoon at this point. I'm guessing I will be back around 5pm but just in case it goes tits up, is a pre-book possible or not really allowed in the league?

This car + track is frustrating. Towards the end of practicing on Sniper's server, my times were coming down...mainly because the track was gripping up a bit. All the sudden without trying I was seeing my delta meter in the green and it kept going up. Lap seemed clean so I was happy. Looked at the replay and I fricking just went wide on the exit out of T5. Stewards wouldn't be happy :p. Thing is with my FOV in the cockpit, it didn't look like I was over, but I was.... Oh well. Gonna be a lot of time penalties in this race :).

You guys should really check out your replays because like Fred says, you're probably running wide/cutting more than you think. It's so easy to do at T5, T11, and the T12/13 chicane especially. T8 and T15 can nab you too.

You guys should really check out your replays because like Fred says, you're probably running wide/cutting more than you think. It's so easy to do at T5, T11, and the T12/13 chicane especially. T8 and T15 can nab you too.
Im past caring with this car/track combo:)

The suspension is feeling a lot softer, bouncing every time, but with proper adjustments you can attack the kerbs a lot more. I just increased the bump and rebound by 4 clicks and the fst bump by 10 or something.

Maybe it is my setup, but I seemed to get around T4 and 5 a little bit easier, and almost too reactive. had to up the FFB a bit also. Need to do some more tweaking. I'm pretty sure that Sun will be doing 1:39s pretty soon :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%