1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Round 4: Russian GP | 18/09/2016

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by SJM1337, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Lynchy

11.1%
  2. Mitchell

22.2%
  3. Sean

33.3%
  4. Mattias

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mikey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Karl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Martjin

11.1%
  8. Gareth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Saif

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Tom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Andrew

11.1%
  13. Graham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Ash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Bryan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Daniel Wardle (no)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Jamie

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Weekday Championship - Season 1
    Round 4: Russia Grand Prix
    Date: Tuesday 18th October 2016
    Time: 8:00PM BST

Current WDC Leader: Simeon Lynch
    Current WCC Leader: Williams-Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mitchell Haverlag, Mattias Johansen, Saif Mehmood (1)*
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Simeon Lynch (3)*
    Preview
    Simeon Lynch made it 3 out of 3 in the last race in China, a race which had drivers all over the place due to the extreme amount of tyre wear. Saif Mehmood took his first pole position in 3 years alongside rookie Adam Morris as the only top 5 cars on the super-soft tyre which was expected to fall off after 3-4 laps. There was contact at the back at the start with Martijn losing his front left tyre and Mikey Woolford losing his front wing. As Mehmood and Morris dropped off, it was left for Lynch and Haverlag to battle it out for P1, with Mattias and Karl still in the mix for the podium places. Mehmood meanwhile had a shocker of a race with loads of incidents and penalties and eventually retired late on when the SC came out, this left 6 laps at the end for Lynch, Haverlag and Desimpele to fight for the victory. However, Haverlag had to serve a drive through penalty, leaving Lynch who preserved his super soft tyres tremdously to cruise to a 3rd win in a row and an ever-growing championship lead. Woolford managed to bring the car home for P5 after a difficult race and Mark Van Dam managed a surprise result to finish just off the podium in P4.

We now head to one of the newer tracks on the calendar, the Russian street circuit is reminiscent of Valencia in the sense of the close walls, long straights and tight mid-section. There is a high chance we may be set for some rain to interfere with proceedings, Lynch will look to make it 4 races in a row while Boontje and Mehmood still are yet to pick up a point and need to up their game. The battle in the midfield looks set to be another cracker, with Andrew Wood for Haas currently setting the standard in P6 in the WDC.

This Week's Announcements:
    - Formation lap will continue to be OFF until further notice.

- Corner Cutting: Because Russia is very lenient in terms of corner cutting and the flat kerbs, a no-tolerance policy will be applied in qualifying, anyone who is found to be deliberately (emphasis on this word) cutting will be reported to the stewards, obviously if you cut by accident then you should abort your lap and no further action will be taken, in the race it is understandable drivers will make mistakes or accidentally corner cut, but any driver found to be consistently 4 wheels off the circuit will be reported.

However, I will make the note that I don't want to see stewards reports about corner cutting if we actually need to zoom in and measure it with a ruler, you all are smart people and you can tell the difference between a legitimate corner cut and someone pushing their hard against the kerbs.

- Drivers are advised not to 'rage-quit' as A.I. cars are causing issues for other drivers on the circuit.

- Selecting Car/Driver:
    When you enter the lobby and go to select your car, please make sure you note down the driver you select and select that driver each week so we know who you are in case of a DNF, also, to use your career mode helmet and number press square in the selection menu.

- If you can't attend:
    If you cannot make the race, please let us know as early as possible so we can assign reserve drivers to the race, thanks!

- Reserve Drivers:
    If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know by answering the questions in this thread and we will try to fit you in for the race.

Questions to drivers?

Will you be attending?
    Who will be on pole?
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints?
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races?
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)?

Questions to individual drivers?
    Andrew Wood: You are the first of the mid-field runners in the championship with P6, how do you feel about your season so far and do you think you stay in the top 6?

Simeon Lynch: 3 of 3 for you, it's been a perfect start, is this championship already beginning to look a certainty for you?

Colin Knowles: You've only scored 1 point this season but you seem to consistently finish races, what are your aims for the next few races?

Attendance List:
    - Saif
    - Ash
    - Tom
    - Mikey
    - Andrew
    - Simeon
    - Daniel
    - Martijn
    - Graham
    - Gareth
    - Adam
    - Mark

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending? Yes
    Who will be on pole? Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mitchell, Lynchy, Mikey
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me by finishing the race :rolleyes:
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? Common sense needs to prevail
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races? There's not much I can say other then I need to stop overdriving and relax myself, I've got the pace to win races but I won't be winning them in the wall.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? I still think I will win quite a few races this season, there's a long long way to go and my best tracks are all from Spain to Singapore.

3. Questions to drivers?
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? lynchy, mikey, karl
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me by being jesus
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? cut all the corners
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races? First race was disappointing, binned it in frustration. Second race was even more disappointing having psn issues thus not being able to race but I was happy to stick some points on the board at china, especially as I hate that track.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? No chance, I just lack pace, even to battle with the fast guys for more than one corner is basically impossible for me right now.

4. It's a no from me but I might be free to stream if required.

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. Will you be attending?
    Yeah
    Who will be on pole?
    Adam
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Lynchy, Adam, Saif
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    Adam
    What are your views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints?
    I think this game does a decent job with penalties. People need to chill ;)
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races?
    Joined at Bahrain and was happy to finish in the points. Russia was awful but I learned a lot, most importantly to not crash :roflmao:. I'm looking forward to more races.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)?
    I don't have the pace to challenge so it would take a lot of luck and a perfect strategy to win, but never say never :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tom would you like a full time spot? We have a space available if you want it since Will isn't racing anymore afaik and you're the first reserve in the list.

7. Yeah that would be great thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Okay cool, you'll be in the Mercedes with Mike (gret_88) as your team-mate for the rest of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending? Of course
    Who will be on pole? Mattias
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? 1st - Someones Lunch. 2nd - Mitchell Have-a-shag. 3 - Saif ''Im in a'' Meh- Mood
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Saif by not crashing.... I hope
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? I haven't really cared about them. It's part of what we do to take any advantage we can. This track however is different, very punishing on the exits of turns especially. Karl will be pleased.
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races? Average, I feel I've shown my ability in terms of fighting through adversity. Need that win to set me on a roll.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? Bring on Monaco... 18/21...

10. that is quite a punny podium

11. Andrew Wood: You are the first of the mid-field runners in the championship with P6, how do you feel about your season so far and do you think you stay in the top 6?

My season is honestly going great so far, which has mostly consisted of me just remaining outside the top 5 every week. All three races for me had different dynamics. Australia I had no pace but I drove very consistently .. Bahrain I had pace but drove like a hack, and China I finally put everything all together after a lot of practice but my race could have been so much better had I stuck to my original strategy.

My goal this season was to achieve as many top 5s as I could and I am literally knocking on the door every week. It's been quite surprising to me how some people in this league have really just not performed quite how they expected and it's opened the door for me to score some good finishes. It will be difficult to stay in the top 6 probably, but I won't let my guard down not for a second.

- I will be attending
    - Pole goes to Mitchell
    - Podium finishers will be Martijn, Mitchell, and Mark
    - Surprise result will go to Saif
    - Regarding corner cutting complaints ... I have yet to see where exactly the game is letting you get away with cutting corners as it took me almost 7 laps in time trials to not have my time disallowed for minor cuts.
    - I think there is a decent chance you will see me take the checkered flag at least one time this season. It's definitely a goal of mine.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Simeon Lynch: 3 of 3 for you, it's been a perfect start, is this championship already beginning to look a certainty for you?

No, there are a bunch of guys here who are able to win races yet have stumbled over eachother or had bad luck these first few races and i've been able to capitalise on that. Until its mathematically impossible for anyone to catch me the championship is always open.

13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Lynchy will win easily.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Really impressed with the commitment you've shown.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Happy to be part of the league :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  16. Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending? I will!

Who will be on pole? The pad hacking brush.

1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mikey, Matthias

Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me, I'm scoring points!

What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? It doesn't really bother me since I'm so far back in the pack. However, if it's clear that somebody is constantly cutting or exceeding track limits that will obviously have to go to the stewards for further investigation.

How do you feel about the opening 3 races? Since I've only driven one race this season, and I actually managed to finish the race, my first 3 races have gone pretty well haha!

Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? In the words of Leonardo di Caprio in The Wolf of Wall Street...

Absolutely f***ing not!

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Questions to drivers?
    Who will be on pole? Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mitchell, Saif and Mikey
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Mark
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? The game is perfect regarding giving penalties when neccesary.
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races? First race should have been p7, bahrain should have been p5 and china should have been top 4.. but thats just guessing.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? If everything falls into place, yes

18. Will you be attending? Yes!
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mattias, Mitch
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Danny
    What are you views on the controversy about the corner cutting complaints? If the game allow it I'm fine with it. It means everybody race under the same rules.
    How do you feel about the opening 3 races? I had a 'DNS' in Melbourne, but Bahrain and China was nice for me since I got in the points...something I will always struggle with tbh.
    Do you see yourself winning a race this season (except Lynchy)? ....when pigs start flying..rofl

19. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

I'd just like to extend my Congratulations to Karl, aka Desimpele for his maiden win in AOR F1 PS4 tonight at China in dominating style.

If only I could figure out where the strategy of not qualifying in the top 10 and starting on the mediums came from ;)

Seriously though, good job. Now you gotta try and replicate that amongst a stronger field ;) mwahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks, it was my first this season but not in aor :) I actually crashed in qualy lol :p

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.