Round #4, Imola: Post-Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is getting a bit boring now, but once again I should congratulate Rens with his win, well done. :thumbsup:

I was quite disappointed with my Q2, I ended up quite some time off my Q2 pb, but it seemed I wasn't the only one with that problem. Luckily I atleast had p3 on the grid since p2 was a major disadventage. This managed me to jump Rens at the start. After DRS was available I was able to pass Jeroen quite easily, he didn't put up much of a fight understandably. Then I hoped Jeroen maybe could hold Rens back, but he was too fast. After that I tried to hold off Rens as long as I could, but I needed to push quite a bit and I made a mistake in the chicane in lap 13 I believe. All credits to Rens for that, cause he forced me into that error, but a bit frustrating since it didn't seemed like Rens was pushing at all behind me. After that I saw an image all too familiar for me, Rens driving away into the distance. After the pitstop I didn't want to take any risk since I wasn't too confident on the soft tyres. Since I had quite a big gap to the number 3, I just coasted to the finish to finish in p2.

I really hope we can turn fortunes around in Canada, but it will be a really tough challenge.
Anyway see you guys there!

you was taken? bhà...I do not want to debate,but maybe you should review the replay

Already did. If you consider normal going with 2 wheels on the grass during more than 200m, and after that, hitting my rear right from the outside instead of braking or lifting the gas (as I do in every start to avoid wrecks) when you have no room and are on the outside part of the track for the next corner..... then yes, it's better you don't want to debate.

I don't know if this has happened in FSR history ever, but I am going to protest at my teammate for ruining my "fastest" Q1 lap. He almost took out some other drivers in the same lap.

In the race...
22:16-22:38

And with Victor Ivanov...

By the way, just for the record:

First touch, my fault and I'm sorry, at that moment, in cockpit wiew I didn't realice you were there as I had two cars right in front of me and was taking care of not touching them (that's why I go slightly to the right). Consequences are even if I turn left immediatly you have to go to the right, just that. You can re-enter the track lifting a bit the gas and being a lot safer tan keeping the throtle when your in the grass, and almost taking revenge for a really light contact. Second touch is not fair at all. So yes, I was definitely taken out.

Already did. If you consider normal going with 2 wheels on the grass during more than 200m, and after that, hitting my rear right from the outside instead of braking or lifting the gas (as I do in every start to avoid wrecks) when you have no room and are on the outside part of the track for the next corner..... then yes, it's better you don't want to debate.

but are you serious??
I was on the grass because you had sent me there.You are right, it is not normal to 200 meters on the grass, but this happens when someone does not look in the mirrors. Fortunately I can go back there and I find myself back in the grass but with added wall

By the way, just for the record:

First touch, my fault and I'm sorry, at that moment, in cockpit wiew I didn't realice you were there as I had two cars right in front of me and was taking care of not touching them (that's why I go slightly to the right). Consequences are even if I turn left immediatly you have to go to the right, just that. You can re-enter the track lifting a bit the gas and being a lot safer tan keeping the throtle when your in the grass, and almost taking revenge for a really light contact. Second touch is not fair at all. So yes, I was definitely taken out.

I did not want to hit you for revenge, I tried to go back slowly, but the car did not fit .... and when she returned she returned quickly. But in my opinion there was space, the problem is that at that point the straight line makes a small turn to the left and you would've gone straight.

However, the problem for me lies in the first contact. What could I do? Turn off the machine because now that I was in the grass because of you?

I don't know if this has happened in FSR history ever, but I am going to protest at my teammate for ruining my "fastest" Q1 lap. He almost took out some other drivers in the same lap. I may have had 25L of fuel at the time due to my lack of understanding of the sessions(thought it was practice 2, not Q1, will remember nexit time), but I'm pretty sure I was atleast .4 up on my time(which was a horrible time for qualli but the point is it's not like I was coasting)

In the race...
22:16-22:38

And with Victor Ivanov...

Dude wth? You crashed into me in Q1 at the end of the day, I didn't receive blue flags and stayed on the outside expecting you to pass, and you drove into me.I may have had 25L of fuel at the time due to my lack of understanding of the sessions(thought it was practice 2, not Q1, will remember nexit time), but I'm pretty sure I was atleast .4 up on my time(which was a horrible time for qualli but the point is it's not like I was coasting)

That second video, I don't know what you expect me to do, he caught me on the apex and I dived out of the way for T2, he took the corner without consideration that he would catch me at the apex and I couldn't exactly slow down...third one has been discussed in other threads and I will accept responsibility as at he end of the day I did make a pretty bad ****-up.

Last edited:
If you want to look at drivers recklessly causing accidents, look at my crash with Salvat in Ravazza on Lap 7 where he blocked me when I was alongside him(resulting in me getting red right suspension, yellow backright, and a smashed nose), or at the t1 incident that I tried to avoid but couldnt(because I got mugged from behind and the right while sticking to the left-hand curb on the run to t1)

Dude wth? You crashed into me in Q1 at the end of the day, I didn't receive blue flags and stayed on the outside expecting you to pass, and you drove into me.I may have had 25L of fuel at the time due to my lack of understanding of the sessions(thought it was practice 2, not Q1, will remember nexit time), but I'm pretty sure I was atleast .4 up on my time(which was a horrible time for qualli but the point is it's not like I was coasting)

That second video, I don't know what you expect me to do, he caught me on the apex and I dived out of the way for T2, he took the corner without consideration that he would catch me at the apex and I couldn't exactly slow down...third one has been discussed in other threads and I will accept responsibility as at he end of the day I did make a pretty bad ****-up.

I'd say just take your penalty like a man and learn from it. You were in the wrong here, but we've all been there, ALL of us.

You can also ask if you don't understand something.

Have you read the rules document?

I was looking at the guys in front of me to avoid any contact (in fact i lift the gas a couple of times before the braking point just to be safe and not making a risky start), so I didn't look to the mirrors there because when you are in the middle of the field it's just impossible to look 360º around with a lot of traffic movement going on. Of course the first bit is mine, and i did contacted your car, and I apologize for it, and I immediately went to the left to let you room -in cockpit view I couldn't even see you were out of the track surface, I thought you were just by my side but with 4 wheels inside the grey- until the braking point, where I was far from the track limits.

When I touched your car, and this is just my opinion, you should have release just a bit the throttle to make it possible to re-join the track, as if you keep the gas the car will stay in the grass much longer. You can see that just when I try to rejoin after the crash, I tried to avoid to join when there were still drivers passion through, but I was at mid gas just to enter safely.

The point is, although I did touched you first, that was a really light contact, in which you at most would have lost just 1 position (mine one) if you had lifted the throttle just a bit instead of keep fighting even with half a car on the grass. Can't compare it to the second touch, where both ended crashing heavily into the wall.

Anyway, I told no one to protest, as I never do, I want to think everyone here are fair enough to just enjoy this sim-sport, and not to destroy the other ones' races on purpose at all, but it impress me the fact you questioned I was not taken out, even when I was in the middle of the track surface when you hit me. Interesting at least.

I'd say just take your penalty like a man and learn from it. You were in the wrong here, but we've all been there, ALL of us.

You can also ask if you don't understand something.

Have you read the rules document?
I have indeed, of course it's impossible to remember all the rules specifically. I know that FSR tries to be highly respectful on road, and if I receive a penalty for the Ivanov incident ok fair enough I know I ****ed and I have apologized(I defend myself a little because victor says im not ready and thats not true), but it's posts like this that get under my skin:

Rando Tamm said:
Damn Ben... these are HUGE mistakes. You will lose your drivers license after this race easily.
Did you even use mirrors?! :O_o:

Thats my teammate and 1st friend of FSR trying to get me banned( and I love you guys already so the idea of being banned really hurts, because at this point I am very depressed in real life and frankly simracing is all I have atm aside from my precious dog).

Then I watch the race and the commentator is saying I should be black flagged for causing too many incidents, clearly not seeing the 20x times I had to move over for the leaders with no incident( i got lapped 4 times, do the math. how many leaders did i effect? 0) Also tried to blame George Winter retiring on me when I can tell by his commentating he had not actually witnessed why George Winter left the track.

So I guess I'm feeling a little peeved off because i had good pace on that track and i was recovering strong from 26th after the first corner pile-up to 18th until this happened;

I read the rules and they say "any part of a car is alongside and you can't block". you can clearly see my wheel is next to his, and he turns into me trying to block or take the ideal line,i try to move away and he turns in more. I was on the outside curbing and he could have easily taken a fairly normal line into ravazza and defended, if you watch the replay i am visible in all his mirrors(unlike the incident with victor where he is blind to me due to car angle).

Personally I don't feel I did anything wrong in the second clip, I got out of the way as best I could after the apex of T1(if i was a real dick i would have waited till the straight to let him go or made him pass me, ask any of the top10 drivers if i held them up because I know i didn't), completely comprising my lap to let the leader go(as backmarkers do). The only reason we were close is because of the line and pace the leader took in the corner, but I mean he is WAYYY too far back for me to back off before t1, backmarkers are supposed to get out of the way but you don't see Marussia abandoning a corner mid-apex to let the Mercs go do you?

And vid1, Rando I apologized on skype immediately for "blocking" you, I mean I was on a live lap you were on a live lap and you drove into the back of me into a braking zone, even if I was slower due to the extra fuel, it doesn't mean you have a god given right to the entire track, I gave you the entire inside to make a move around me dude, and you chose to pick the line that leads right through me. if you watch from my angle I don't even react to your presence and take my normal line and you smash into me? Again there is no blue flag in play so I would write that off as a minor racing incident(and you quallied on a 1:20:5 and your best time in practice was 1:20.9, so it certainly didnt destroy your qualli)

I guess at the end of the day I'm trying to drive respectfully and everyone needs to be involved in an actual GP to learn in the adrenaline-soaked moments of racing and to control that adrenaline rather than letting it get the best of you; this was my first GP here and I guess I feel picked on...pretty lame I know but just how I feel boys. And why is Salvat still on the grid with a minus safety rating, given what he did to me and others this race(pretty sure him and D.Brewer came together 1-2 laps before I did), yet i'm getting all the critique like I don't deserve to be here?

'll take any punishment from admins on the chin as they are God at the end of the day, but it doesn't mean I don't have a right to present what happened from my side. As a complete rookie I expect you to give me a little leniency before writing me off as a crash artist unfit for your league, these are the kind of mistakes rookies make, and i assure you I have learned a lot just from this one race and I WILL be a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
You drove into the back of me into a braking zone, even if I was slower due to the extra fuel, it doesn't mean you have a god given right to the entire track, I gave you the entire inside to make a move around me dude, and you chose to pick the line that leads right through me.

Damn, Ben Eastman are you dumb or what?
Did you even use mirrors? You slowed heavily down on the ideal line (!!) and the angle was too small for me to go from left. :poop:

Even if I was slower due to the extra fuel, it doesn't mean you have a god given right to the entire track.

Well, are you a god, who can stop faster drivers from quicker laps?!
Don't do your "quick" warmup laps on the ideal line. JESUS! :thumbsdown:

#1 WHY NO BLUE FLAGS?!
Well, when you're on your "fast lap", there's never a blue flag, even if you go 1 minute slower.

I am not interested seeing you drive in my team. I can kick you out of the team anytime. Will wait for the post-race checks.
Now, I have to go, no time for this :poop: talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%