[ROUND 3 HOCKENHEIM] FOR vs COR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Mikko Korkiakoski
Team: FOR

Reported car: Rocco. M & F. Vercesi
Reported Team: COR

Description:

1. Rocco Migliorino (being lapped) rejoins the track infront of Mikko. He seems to be going right at first but then hits the brakes mid straight and stays on the racing line. Mikko cannot react in time and hits Rocco.

F. Vercesi (being lapped) brakes excessively on the main straight while staying on the racing line. The gap coming to the straight was big so Mikko did not expect the COR driver to yield. Mikko hits the car and loses his front splitter and receives suspension damage.

We feel this happens all too often. It's unfortunate because they only wanted to let Mikko past but it was done in a dangerous manner. Nobody should be braking mid straight on the racing line. Anyone being lapped should act in a predictible way, do exactly what you do every lap except give space at a braking zone or pull off the racing line and slow after a corner.

It´s crazy what was going on there. I think sure that the Corse driver meant it in a good way to let the leader throught. But in this way you can´t do it. Being on the ideal line and braking hard isn´t the right manner in my opinion. This is not expectable from the driver behind. At least being off the ideal line is necassary.
Or better waiting till after the next corner till the driver behind is nearer and make then room off the ideal line. For this have the driver also eyes in his head but not for this two moves.
TBR gives -2 points for the first driver (due no big effect appears to the FOR driver and the Corse driver damage his self and loosing time from this) and -6 points for the second driver (due the FOR driver have to pit and repairing at least the frontsplitter).
It´s together -8 points for Corse, no qualyfying or even DQ for next race would be much to hard but i hope we don´t see this again and how i said i impute them no bad intent. I really believe they meant it good to get easy lapped.

This was a very tough decision for WBR. What happen here was very dangoures and for Mikko to survive it is quite lucky because the second contact could have ended up in two DNF's.
We don't have anything against neither COR or the drivers but we find that they aren't really ready for racing of this kind as they don't look to be that experienced with being lapped although we know that they just wanted the car behind to pass them without causing such contact.
We are sorry but WBR will have to vote for -10 and no Q for next race.

different

I am afraid BFR's opinion - which is unanimous on this one btw - is totally detrimental to all others. We consider this not very clever driving by COR but also very inconsiderate driving by Flatout. In Blue Flag situations two players are involved, always. It is a give and take situation which we do not see happening here at all.
No penalty.

This we think is difficult.
The first incident should Mikko avoided.
The second incident should Mikko also been avoided. Cor car releases throttle probably to avoid being lapt in the curve.
Sen says, Mikko in Interview after the race that he watched XD then he looks up and then slams it.
And we think if we give COR a large deduction of points, it will be that no lapt driver will release the throttle and let faster drivers go by.

so Gk votes No penelty

In relation to reports against us for Hockenheim, I want to express my disappointment about the tone expressed in the post.
As Eckart wrotes overtaking is always in two, also who is behind has its responsibilities and often, if not all, has the greatest of sins.
In this case, the thought that I should do is: ok I'm going to lap the last of the grid, if they are in the rear positions may be there is a reason I have to be at a distance to understand how to drive a few corners and see if they leave the road, instead of plunging directly in the wake without even looking ahead.
These claims confirm a growing conviction that in the online racing is looking more and more the simulator is more realistic to study the structure, is inspired by the real rules of racing, qualifying practice sessions starting the procedure and even the safety car , is trying to simulate in all respects the reality, but we do not realize that the most arcade we are.
And in this case the best arcade in my humble opinion are the fastest drivers. Very rarely I've seen being lapped by fastest driver after many seconds of waiting around for the right moment to make the pass without creating hazards, ... the lapped car should disappear instantly!

P.S. To drive near slower cars watching XD is very dangerous!

COR vote no penalty

Well the views seems far apart here :) . I don't want to start a discussion here, but i think this is a good oppertunity to talk about lapping.
Braking or going off trottle in front of a other driver is never a good desission, the driver behind doesn't expect this and with the speeds these are going he has not enough time to move.
I have been lapped a few times :( , but never have done it going off trottle on the line tbh. Go offline and then off trottle, or in a corner take the outside line are a few possibilities that are safer. Its better to wait abit longer then to do something that the other driver doesn't expect.

Bit sad that this happend as the COR only wanted to do the good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back