1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Round 3: Chinese GP | 11/10/2016

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by SJM1337, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Lynchy

25.0%
  2. Karl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mattias

8.3%
  4. Mark

25.0%
  5. Mikey

8.3%
  6. Adam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Andrew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mitchell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ash

16.7%
  10. Mats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Graham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Neil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Colin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Saif

8.3%
  15. Jason

8.3%
  16. Tom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Martijn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Weekday Championship - Season 1
    Round 3: Chinese Grand Prix
    Date: Tuesday 11th October 2016
    Time: 8:00PM BST

Current WDC Leader: Simeon Lynch
    Current WCC Leader: Williams-Mercedes
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Simeon Lynch (2)
    Preview
    It was a familiar podium in a choatic Bahrain GP last time out as Williams driver Simeon Lynch took the chequard flag for the 2nd week in a row, followed by Mikey Woolford and Mitchell Haverlag. With loads of drivers crashing out, a key element of this GP was being consistent and pitting at the right times. With a record attendance of 21 drivers starting the grand prix, it looked set for a titanic race and a huge battle commenced in the early stages of the top 5 as Lynch, Johansen, Mehmood, Woolford and Haverlag went at it and swapped positions left right centre.

A SC changed the race half the way through and mixed the order up, when the SC came in, Lynch had to try and build a gap so he could stay ahead of Saif Mehmood when he pitted who looked strong to go to the end on fresh mediums, but he then found himself in the wall for the 2nd race in a row after having contact when looking in a strong position to win the race, leaving Simeon Lynch to cruise home to the victory. There were a lot of good drives in the top 10, we saw the McLaren of Graham in 5th and and Mats in P9, Sam Brown took the final points position in P10 and Daniel Wardle actually managed to finish the race, which was the biggest surprise.

Going into China Mikey Woolford and Mitchell Haverlag will be hoping to close the gap on Lynch in the championship, meanwhile Karl Desimpele and Saif Mehmood will be looking to put some points on the board after a DNF. This race could throw up more chaos as China is heavy on tyre wear but there's always a threat of rain, with deadly kerbs and the tight nature of sector 2, finishing the race here without a penalty and keeping bits on your car could be crucial to a potential top 6 finish.

This Week's Announcements:
    - Formation lap will continue to be OFF until further notice.

- Drivers are advised not to 'rage-quit' as A.I. cars are causing issues for other drivers on the circuit.

- Driver Change: Mike Grethe will replace Jack Harding in the Mercedes as per our 2-race no contact rule.

- Selecting Car/Driver:
    When you enter the lobby and go to select your car, please make sure you note down the driver you select and select that driver each week so we know who you are in case of a DNF, also, to use your career mode helmet and number press square in the selection menu.

- If you can't attend:

If you cannot make the race, please let us know as early as possible so we can assign reserve drivers to the race, thanks!

- Reserve Drivers:

If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know by answering the questions in this thread and we will try to fit you in for the race.
    Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending?
    Who will be on pole?
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP?
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship?
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season?

Questions to individual drivers?
    Mikey Woolford: You have scored back to back 2nd places in the opening races but both were in different circumstances in terms of your pace, do you feel this will be a regular up and down as the season goes along?

Adam Morris: You were looking set for a strong result in Bahrain after the incident you had with Saif, what are your views on the incident and did you feel you had the pace to win the race?

Mark Van Dam: You were another driver looking good for a top 6 result but the race was ruined out of no control of your own, do you feel the top 6 is a reasonable target going forward at every GP or are you looking higher up?

Attendance List:
    - Saif
    - Ash
    - Andrew
    - Lynchy
    - Mikey
    - Jason
    - Adam
    - Mats
    - Thomas
    - Mattias
    - Colin
    - Neil
    - Martijn
    - Graham
    - Mark

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Will you be attending?: Yes
    Who will be on pole?: Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?: Mitchell, Adam, Karl
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?: Mike will get a top 10 finish.
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP?: Wet
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship?: To recover as many points as possible and win races, I'm already 50 pts down from the leader so making that up will be very difficult but there's still 19 races so anything can happen.
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season?: Mitchell or Mikey

3. Will you be attending? Yes
    Who will be on pole? Mikey
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mikey, Lynchy, Adam

Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Colin

Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? Wet all the way

What are your goals for the season and for the championship? right now, to start a race and get to the end, but I'd be happy to be getting points in some races, but I doubt that will happen this week at china as I'm awful at it

Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? Depends on the tracks, some I can be quick at (like bahrain) others im bloody awful like singapore or australia, so I have no idea at the moment really

4. Yes, I am attending

Pole will go to Mikey

Podium finishers : Mikey, Saif, Mattias

Surprise finish : Sam Brown 2 for 2 on points paying finishes

DRY RACE

Goals : Aim for a top 5 every week, hope to get on the podium as much as possible and maybe score 1 race win.

There are a few out there that I am looking to finish ahead every week. Based on the preseason, I feel I am pretty even on pace with @benpowney , though I have yet to actually share track space with him. New guy @Thomas While appears to have some decent pace based off of the first race he has participated in so we will see how that unfolds.

Looking forward, I need to improve my pace to catch guys like @Martijn Boontje and @DaMsKoNL

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'll be there. I expect Mikey to be strong here although i am better at China than i am Bahrain so it should be a close one.

6. Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending? Tentative- I want to find the root cause of these disconnect issues first.
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Andrew, Mitchell
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Sam
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? Wetter the better
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship? To finish as many races as possible
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? Codemasters

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hahaha

8. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Questions to drivers?
    Will you be attending? I will be
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy or Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Me, Saif and Mattias
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Saif by actually finishing
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? Who doesn't love a wet chinese? I want a dry track.
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship? To be consistent and have fun. I don't care if I don't win it. I've had enough success in ARL, PRL here and in one off events to be happy to just have fun and not win a single race.
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? Even though he's had a **** start, me and Saif always end up together in the end.

Questions to individual drivers?
    Mikey Woolford: You have scored back to back 2nd places in the opening races but both were in different circumstances in terms of your pace, do you feel this will be a regular up and down as the season goes along?

- As you say, different circumstances but the same result. In Aus I didn't have the pace from the start so had to out smart the guys around me and gamble a bit. In Bahrain I for sure had pace to win the race, if you see where I started after the SC compared to how close I was to the front at the end. It won't be a regular up down. Usually when you have to change two front wings in a race you and drop as low as 12th you don't expect to be able to come back to 2nd. I will always be there and challenging no matter what happens. Lynchy now has to experience an unfamiliar feeling, being hunted down and being the guy with all the eyes on him. He's never felt that before and I'll be sure to make him as uncomfortable about it as possible.

• Love Love x 1
  9. You really appear to give me a lot of credit dude. I'm not quite there yet lol
    You gave me the nod at Bahrain too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Could it be due to router settings possibly?

11. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Will you be attending?
    Sure Will :)

Who will be on pole?
    From The Past 2 Races Its Hard To Tell Really (TBC)

1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Mikey, Lynchy, Mattias

Who will score the surprise result of the race?
    I Hope Me To Recover From Bahrain

Both I Love Changeable Conditions Especially When Its Inters To Dry Ect

To Finish At least 4th Or Higher In The Championship But Its Going To Be Tough and Have The Best Races Possible

Atm Its Hard To Tell But I'm Open To All Challenges

Adam Morris: You were looking set for a strong result in Bahrain after the incident you had with Saif, what are your views on the incident and did you feel you had the pace to win the race?

"It Was A Racing Incident In My View After Reviewing The Footage We Learned That Saif Had A Moment On Exit Which Caused Our Cars To Collide Nothing He Could Of Done Really I Thought At That Point I Had The Re-Pass Done But Unfortunately The Contact Ended The Race For Both Of Us, As For My Pace I Do Think At That Point I Had The Pace To Challenge For The Win Strategy Couldn't Of Been Better And Lynchy Was On The Softer Compound Ahead I Had Fitted The Mediums During The SC And Came Out 2nd :) So Eventually I Think I Would Of Been There For 1st.
    At The Time Yes I Was Annoyed But No Hard Feelings Between Me And Saif We Move Forward To China Now And I'm Hoping For A Great Result Here.

12. Will you be attending? Yes I will.
    Who will be on pole? Lynchy.
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Lynchy, Mikey, Matthias.
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Me, I'm scoring points this week!
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? None, I hate China.
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship? My goals for both are to try and improve throughout the season. I know I'm probably the slowest and worst driver in the championship but that's just motivation for me to continue to improve! I also don't want to DNF as many times as I did in previous championships, as it was happening nearly every race at one stage. Finally, I just want to have fun, as we're only playing a game at the end of the day and even though I want to take it seriously, it's all about having fun at the end of the day!
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? I honestly have no idea, but more than likely it will be somebody like Sam Brown. He'll be seeing me in front of him for the rest of the season! ;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

It's all about improving and learning from mistakes. Believe it or not, I was never the picture of ability that you see before you now.

All the way back to Toca Touring cars I had trouble. I had used the directional buttons until I had a game called Vanishing Point which required the use of analog sticks. Then I used them until 2011 when I got a wheel and only them did I also combine the manual gears. You take steps, but they all add up.

You can't expect to wake up one day and be the absolute boss, but you can work towards it and set goals.

For example. Sam Brown now has a point (more than Saif LOL) but I can't see him getting more, you now need to focus on the consistency of keeping the car on the track. Say to yourself. Right, from now until Austria, I want to finish every race. Then once you do that you think. Right now lets finish everything to the end of the season and by doing that, you may well get a point or two along the way.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Will you be attending? Yeezzuur
    Who will be on pole? Mattias
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mattias, Lynch, Ash
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Saif
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? Dry
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship? I just try and be tactical in every race to see if I get a shot at the 10th spot (in the points) ...or maybe even better (9th in Barhain). Normally I'm prolly at the very bottom of this league tbh.
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? I'd have to say the one at the very bottom of the table. In all fairness I'd be alright with an end result that keeps me away from the last spot in the table.

15. I don't know, it is a new router, but I have been online on various games with no issues, it's only F1 that it does it, my internet doesn't drop out at all, I've ran diagnostics while playing and it shows nothing. Could it be a strange way the game communicates?

16. Will you be attending?
    Yes if there is a space.
    Who will be on pole?
    Lynchy
    1st, 2nd and 3rd?
    Lynch, Saif, Adam
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race?
    Not a clue, I don't know what would surprise people.
    Not great around China so a wet to dry race may help me.
    To do what Hulkenberg can't do and get a podium.
    Not sure. Maybe Andrew or Graham based on the first race our pace is similar.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You might need forward a port or something but I don't know if that would be an issue on PS4.

18. would that mean assigning a set IP address to my PS4 and such?

FYI I have a Huawei hg633 super router if anyone knows of any known issues or info how to make my ps4 the most important thing on the planet

19. Will you be attending? Ofc
    Who will be on pole? Mitchell
    1st, 2nd and 3rd? Mikey, Saif and Mitchell
    Who who will score the surprise result of the race? Lynchy by a DNF at the start (you heard it here first)
    Would you prefer a dry or a wet Chinese GP? Like Mikey said, I like my chinese wet.
    What are your goals for the season and for the championship? In it to win it.
    Who do you expect to be your direct rival this season? Mikey and Lynchy

20. Freechilly / McLaren Honda

• Wow Wow x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.