• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

ROUND 21: Abu Dhabi GP GP, Yas Marina (19-02-2017, 20:00 C.E.T. )

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    [​IMG]
    Round 21: Abu Dhabi GP

Date 19th of February 2017

Time
    20:00 C.E.T.

Ok, guys. The final race of the season. I hope many of you will show up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55

Sorry Herbie :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Bit of an odd race but my first 50% without rain so I didn't know what to expect, with the exception of the running theme in this post... tyre wear! :D

Q: P1
    Went out on ultra softs despite thinking before hand that supers would be the better option. Ended up with pole by a fair amount but regardless, I probably shouldn't have done it. Either way, pole is pole so quite happy with that.

R: P5
    Started with 17% tyre wear despite ending my quali run with 9%! Pretty good get away but managed to get two warnings before the end of the first lap; after this, myself and Robin had a nice set of swapping positions for the first 5 laps (I think?) before we both pitted, myself on 75-85% tyre wear at that point. In we went, Robin got the jump in the pits and I believe had the faster tyre so he went away from me. I wanted to just drive in a controlled way and was surprised to not be closing in on people ahead, having newer tyres and all.

I recall at some point in the earlier stages having contact with Robin which he stated after the race was not my fault so kudos, and then with Pretender also. Neither hit did I feel, I just saw the aftermath with both. I thought there was a lot of room with Pretender but either way, I apologise; I was used to the lag bubbles in F1 2013 but I have no idea wtf is going on here as I wasn't really trying to defend too much, knowing I had much older tyres. I didn't want to bend over but thought there was room; I'm just glad it didn't have any bearing on the championship!

Either way, I pitted at the end of lap... 18? 19? with a little under 75% tyre wear which in hindsight was a lap too long. On my final stint I caught Robin again on the final corner but should have pitted earlier to make a fight of it. I think I got three sets of penalties which annoyed the hell out of me. I know 4 of my warnings were on the back straights, braking later than those in front of me and deciding to go wide instead of diving once I knew the disparity in braking speeds.

This setup was epic on the brakes but my back end hated me all race long. I initially went into the race with an eye on reducing tyre wear so... that didn't work. I under fuelled, was running lean for all but my final stint and was short shifting without spinning the tyres so at the moment I'm at a bit of a loss regarding how I should be driving differently (anyone else have similar wear on the earlier tyres?). I know I'm normally very aggressive on tyres but still, I was trying not to be... ultimately, I think this is what cost me the chance to fight. I didn't make any large mistakes (apart from the collisions which I didn't feel); either way though, I'll try to learn from it and come back stronger as a result. :D

Thanks for inviting me so close to the end of the season, I'll let you know as soon as I can regarding joining for a further season. Thanks guys. :)

Mark.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Qualifying Results:
    [​IMG]
    Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    That 2nd penalty cost me dearly in the end... still enjoyed my race, fighting my way back up the field. If I didnt get that spin after contact with Kirrinian.. who knows I might have be able to get a proper 1st place instead of dropping to third. My race with be rendered and uploaded asap.

• Like Like x 2
  5. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55

Full race is up!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  6. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    So for the last race me and pretender thought of a fun challenge: starting from the back. Turned out to be the better strategy it seems, tyre wise

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    My POV of the Final Race of this season. Have to confess, it does appear there was some contact between myself and Thunder during the Race it didn't see apparent in the slightest. Maybe someone behind has a better view? Looking at Pretend3r's Video, the spin took place after the "contact". Either way, apologies Thunder.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    By the looks of it Thunder hit you a bit, then you're arm goos up. :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    You'll need to see it from Pretend3r's view, here;

4:20 onwards;

I'll let you make up your own minds.

10. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    You beat me with posting my own video:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Ha ha, sorry man. Hope that's ok? It just had the best POV for the incident with Thunder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Yes that looks better but still weird.