Round 2 - Nurburgring

20 laps in. 55.9 on sniper server. Struggling.

Just put some more laps in and you will be fine, the only difference this week is we have shown our hand a little on the practice server :sneaky:

I actually struggle to get good feel on the practice server myself, I find it is more about doing laps and learning what the car might do instead of reacting on what it is doing. I think it is partly because there is less weight transfer happening due to the lower grip so not as much "feel" is transmitted through the wheel and monitor (via G's), IRL you would have your butt to tell you. Once you get to about 96% my crappy G27 comes alive and I feel I can reach the limit of the car, I need to buy a T300 GTE.. I hear they are good (using my existing pedals and shifter)

Should try to get some track time as well now. Just have to manage to escape from Skyrim.

Edit: 55.9... jeez, that team name was a wise choice. Did a few of laps, 58.4 was the best so far on full tank. As long as I find someone to fight with during the race I don't mind.

Last edited:
This car is really starting to get on my nerves. Plows into understeer any time you start to push. T6 and corner before back straight obv examples. I need it to keep rotating under full power without sliding! Only 55.2 so far, the struggle has become a grind...

I know what you mean, it's definitely one of the harder cars to drive on the limit. It becomes annoying sometimes, especially during a qualifying lap :roflmao: But I guess the challenge is part of the fun :)

55.2? That's not struggling :D
Well I beat you in the preseason club event didnt i..

It's not a hard car to drive, not even on the limit. It's just out of the operating window. Need to change something to get rid of the understeer. When I saw ur Silverstone lines, Obv you already did that.
I've no idea at all what to do with it, because it is so unresponsive to wing changes. Poorly done mod at that. Wings are there to make balance... The rest is fine tuning. I don't know any other way. It's a struggle to drive on a crappy balanced car. Of course I'm not expecting any help. Just chatting away. :(

Not hard to drive even on the limit? Then your not driving hard enough :laugh: :inlove:, but personally for me this car is a pain in the ass..But it's the same for everyone I guess..I still enjoy pushing as hard as I can and making the most out of it :)

Not hard to drive even on the limit? Then your not driving hard enough :laugh: :inlove:, but personally for me this car is a pain in the ass..But it's the same for everyone I guess..I still enjoy pushing as hard as I can and making the most out of it :)
I'd say your having an easy sunny day driving it. :laugh: It doesn't even understeer for you. :laugh:

Even 235i BMW understeers less with my set. :roflmao:

Think your all girls. I am doing 53.0's all day long, while watching a movie and getting a sandwich:)

Last edited:
Disregard that time, I had 4 wheels off going over the sausage curb at the last chicane :p And there were about 6 people in the server so the track grip was quite high.

I'll be saving the qualifying replay just so I have evidence showing that I didn't cut any corners.

Confirmed Entry List for Round 2:
Any sign outs beyond this point will be penalised.

1. @Sun Levi
  2. @RenZ_
  3. @Chris Stacey
  4. @Michael Stead
  5. @David Armstrong
  6. @Casper
  7. @Ashley Cowan
  8. @Noel Spence
  9. @El-ahrairah
  10. @Frank
  11. @Sniper
  12. @Justin
  13. @Fred Locklear
  14. @kedy89
  15. @Matt Bailey
  16. @Matheus Machado
  17. @Aidan Keranen
  18. @Jack
  19. @Nick10
  20. @Jeremy Talbot
  21. @Duke

IMPORTANT
Fuel usage will be critical during the race as this track's characteristics make it quite thirsty. A full tank should get you through to the finish of the race provided you upshift at the correct point (8000rpm). Over revving this car not only gives less engine performance, but worse fuel economy.
2015-06-26_00002.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%