• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.
RD GP Championship (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation here.

ROUND 18: USA GP, Austin (29-01-2017, 20:00 C.E.T. )

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    [​IMG]
    Round 18: USA GP

Date 29th of January 2017

Time
    20:00 C.E.T.

Put on your cowboy hats and try to catch the bull that is call Circuit of The Americas, hope to see you guys there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    @Pretend3r A Hi Mate, Any chance you could adjust the poll to show who's voted what?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    That should already be the case as far as I can see in the settings. I dont have any other options. Maybe I a bit more limited than Jas.

4. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Still unsure if I'll be there this evening, as discussed in the other thread. It's likely to be a last minute thing whether I can join or not so if I'm on Steam at the time, throw an invite. :)

5. PietFace

PietFace

Ratings:
    +11
    Won't be able to make it tonight. The same for next week :(:(

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21

.. :(

• Sad Sad x 1
  7. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Yeah im sorry m8, my fault in took another line there!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wouter Exel

Wouter Exel

Ratings:
    +134
    Finally a race that did go my way..
    Unfortunatly my shadowplay did not work no matter what i tried. so no recording of this race :(.
    @Avallac'h I'm sorry if i hit you a few times in the opening lap, i was trying to get shadow play to work and race at the same time.
    Turns out that i cannot do 2 things at the same time.. so sorry for some contact between us.

9. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    Congratz on the win.
    You didn't hit me, at least not on my screen.I had to avoid you a bit tho, when you were waving around while overtaking me.

10. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21

You came like a torpedo haha! But yeah no problem, and you apologized, so no big deal :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wouter Exel

Wouter Exel

Ratings:
    +134
    ah well sorry for that.. will make sure that won't happen again!

12. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Quali: 1st
    Put in a banker which was enough for 1st at the time but there was more to be had. Second run I had to abort as I made mistakes and wasn't going to improve so I went quickly aborted and went out in the dying minutes. Saw myself go from 1st, to 2nd to 3rd with times much faster than mine so in the 2nd/3rd sectors I pushed like a madman and was lucky to JUST about get the pole. For the second race running, very nice to see four people all so damn close at the top!

Race: 7th
    Short version:
    Inexperience/stupidity cost me!

Long version:
    Started well, maintaining the lead but again, my nerves meant I was slow and it took a couple of laps before I could gap Pretender; apologies for my weird lines. After that, Fuyjin got past Pretender and hounded me for a number of laps but I felt fairly safe apart from my silly tyre wear. I was constantly thinking, that the rain looked to have stopped so was always thinking next lap I'll pit... no, NEXT lap.

I thought I pitted quite late as the rain stopped and the spray was no longer coming off my tyres. Jeff is now in the stocks with his gimp suit on; feel free to grab a rotten veg if he also didn't know wtf was going on early in the race for you.

Ended up pitting somewhere around lap 8 and as I turned the corner into the pits, I realised I hadn't picked the correct tyre so I manically hammered the buttons whilst accelerating my way to a drive through. Silly me, I thought it was still salvageable at that point as I knew my dry pace was great!

My apologies to Ewok; as I came out of the pits, I didn't even know you were there (which makes it doubly worse I think) so when I slammed into your side, I was very glad to see you were unhurt... that could have been very costly for you... it won't happen again. It was at this point I also realised the strategy mistake I had made.

Now on the super softs, I believe my 1st lap was 9 seconds off, then the 2nd was 8 seconds off... the track seemed to never dry but always still be a single lap away from being drive-able or so I thought. As such, even when I went onto my final stint on softs many laps later, the first couple of laps were STILL not comfortable. By the time it dried, I had shredded my softs and I was miles off and just tried to prevent myself from being lapped and tried to keep Pretender behind. On the last lap, he overtook me, leaving me in 7th.

Overall, I'm glad I learnt a lot and hope that when I come back for Brazil (not here for next weeks Mexico GP), I will be better for it. I'm normally great in the wet but I just can't get it nailed at the moment... I blame both Jeff and the Williams (and a little bit myself ;)). Also a shame to Thunder, I said in TS I was coming up to you sometime this lap but you slowed down almost immediately even though you were a number of seconds ahead... I will be clearer next time but cheers once again.

Thanks again for the invite guys, see you on the battlefield shortly! :D

Mark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    The whole crappy race i had.

14. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    A bit late but here ya go Qualy and race results. My race upload will follow asap.
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]

15. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    @Rico/robin:. Looks like to me you went into that corner far to fast considering the conditions.

16. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    Not the best pace i had this day, but at least its a solid 2nd place due to others strategies.

17. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Chaps,

Here's my POV for yesterday's Race.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Delete please.

19. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Not the best race there buddy. Went in too deep for both incidents... gutted. Oh well, on to the next!