• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

ROUND 17: Japanese GP, Suzuka (22-01-2017, 20:00 C.E.T. )

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Yes

84.6%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Maybe

7.7%
  1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    [​IMG]
    Round 17: Japanese GP

Date 22th of January 2017

Time
    20:00 C.E.T.

Konichiwa fellow racers, I hope you will me for the 50% race of the one of the true classic race track through the Japanese hillside. The only figure 8 track on the calendar.

2. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Sorry i have to quit.
    Changed my vote to No, because i am not allowed on teamspeak anymore.
    It removed all the fun out of the game.
    Cant be bothered with a 10 year ban!

You guy's who know me by now will understand!

3. peter2931

peter2931

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't really know if i Can join this sunday,,^^ i will tell IT some jours before The race starts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    Great race lads. It was tricky with the weather conditions, but it looked like it was a clean race (mostly).

5. Wouter Exel

Wouter Exel

Ratings:
    +134
    almost exactly the same race i had last week.. a disaster afther the SC

6. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me race. I understand there would have been added trepidation for letting a new guy in, especially as the championship is coming to a close; this extends my thanks further. It's been almost three years since both league racing, as well as doing my last 50% race so my aim was to keep clean and hope for the best. I've mostly just been 5 lap pub racing on Tuesdays so I've been practising at least. It's also nice to feel league nerves like that again. :)

I didn't record anything as I feared the gfx stuttering I had in practice would appear again but it remained away so the race was clean. Next time (?) maybe. It stopped when I unplugged my extra monitors, Oculus and stopped windows services for Oculus and Adobe updates. Figured I'd mention it here in case it helps anyone else.

Quali: 2nd.
    Was great to see 4 people within a couple of tenths at the top; think I missed out by a few hundredths in the end but having the inside line for the start is quite nice for here so I was both happy to be high up the grid, as well as to loose the top spot.

Race: 2nd.
    Good start on the inters, got into the lead but was hounded for the whole first lap by Fuyjin as he was clearly faster than me. I noticed I had a particularly bad exit line out of spoon so tried to improve it on the second lap but if anything, I just did it worse which let Fuyjin pass just before 130R. In another life perhaps I would have fought harder but the pace difference meant it wasn't worth trying.

Ended up pitting at the same time as most around me for the full wets, then the safety car came and I went in for my second set. I was very happy to see Fuyjin staying out and when I reemerged in 2nd I figured there'd be a good fight as I must've had about 25% less tyre wear than him. Sometime as the safety car was circulating the engineer then stated that light rain was coming so I figured the advantage was going to be fleeting. I stayed out and for several laps, when quizzing my engineer he said no information was available at this time regarding rain. As I only saw full wets in front and full wets behind, I stayed out.

4/5 laps to go, Fuyjin went into the pits so I figured I'd stay out for a glory run and cross my fingers. Immediately upon Fuyjin emerging somewhere behind 3rd, I got the first glimpse of Avallac on inters and he was only about 13 seconds behind so pitting at that time seemed futile, potentially loosing me a lot of places. I'm guessing Fuyjin also didn't have this information; really wish Codemasters gave more of a run down of cars rather than just the two closest competitors!

Either way, 2 laps from the end I had a 5ish second lead so I thought it was done for both Avallac and Pretender iirc overtaking me. Before the last lap even began, Avallac was on me so I didn't fight either of those two as they flew past. When I got to the line on the final lap, penalties gifted me 2nd.

Further notes, sorry if I caused you any issue behind the SC turtle, the DC car in front of me suddenly braked as I was scrolling through the menus so I instinctively broke. Saw you go off and come back on, just hope you didn't get any damage.

Also thunder, I saw you spin immediately after letting me past. It saddened me but thanks for doing it. The first quali lap start was also quite exciting being on the grass! :D

Hopefully I'll see you guys next week for another one.

Mark.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  7. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Who needs a video.... :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Being penalty free at the end of the race gifted me the win. Glad I followed avallach strat in the end. I even got a drive through.. but unlike fuyin I got it before the SC, not after:p

Qualifying results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Excuse the Horrible Sounding Englishman, I will make sure my Mic is muted next time.

Wet, Horrible Start, Sweary & Inconsistent. Still, 6th Wasn't Too Bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67

• Like Like x 1
  11. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31

• Like Like x 1
  12. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21
    Here is my point of view of the first lap incident, what are your thoughts?

13. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Personally, I think @Avallac'h had the corner. That's just my opinion.

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Maldonado's fault :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Tough call tbh. I would call it a racing incident.

16. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    Doesn't look like anyone's to blame in that accident tbh , let's just leave it at a racing incident and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Sooo, I've just reinstalled Windows, lost all setups etc but should be able to get them back soon'ish. One thing I did notice, you're all running 70-75% ish differential but I was at 50%! Was looking for any reasoning; my only reason is that I copied an online set-up and it kind of sort of occasionally ish felt faster. ;)

My car looked noticably less stable than those videos above although cockpit cam does kind of distort that fact a bit...

Any hints or places to look for setups would be appreciated (I've just taken and modified those by https://www.youtube.com/user/theflyingfinn08/videos ).

Mark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Mate,

Alot of us use TRL and modify/share among ourselves.

19. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    I use timetrails only to save the fastest setup, then i go to quickrace and adjust it to my likings, test a racequali if im fastes ill take that setup to race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Played a bit with the diff around Texas, tried both 50% and 70%. 70% seems to turn the car in a bit more but sacrifices grip so you slide about more also. Overall I was about 0.3s faster with 70% so I think I'll go with that in quali/whilst battling in the race and 50% whilst preserving tyres... at least that's the plan anyways.

Wasn't sure which thread to post it in as it'd be out of context in the Texas one but also kind of out of context here due to the track :D

• Haha Haha x 1