• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

ROUND 15: Singapore GP, Yas Marina (08-01-2017, 20:00 C.E.T. )

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Jan 1, 2017.

How do we handle this race

Poll closed Jan 12, 2017.
  1. Restart next week

37.5%
  2. Scrap it

12.5%
  3. Half points

50.0%
  1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the new year everybody! Hope you have had plenty to of rest to prepare yourselves for the final seven races of the season starting at the gruesome Marina Bay street circuit. Hope I will see you all there!

Round 15: Singapore GP

Date 08th of January 2017

Time
    20:00 C.E.T.

2. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Before i click yes? Is there or will there be a penalty system?

3. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    I've not seen any evidence to suggest there have been any amendments or updates to the rules. As such, I would expect it to be as per all the previous races.

Looks like all those ideas and suggestions to try and improve things, were ignored or forgotten about.

• Sad Sad x 1
  4. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21
    I wont make it in time, so I won't take part in the race tomorrow!

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Thats 11 we are missing 11 people

6. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    All right I just got word that after I quit prematurely that the lobby bugged out where the whole track was stuck as a yellow flag zone. Meaning we do one of two thing. Redo this race next week or Scrap it altogether and go for the next event. Let me know in the comments below guys and please, stay on topic.

7. Dominik Welge

Dominik Welge

Ratings:
    +6
    i would say we restart this

8. Töttös Dani

Töttös Dani

Ratings:
    +308
    Scrap it altogether and go for the next event.

9. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Well why dont you take my first win of the season wich i sweated for...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mekkmester007

mekkmester007

Ratings:
    +1
    i dont want go that race again once it was full enough

11. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Another question. Who all had the full course yellow problem?

12. Avallac'h

Avallac'h

Ratings:
    +31
    From my understanding, the results got influenced big time because of the bug. Therefore i vote for a restart.

13. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    So sorry to complain...Not happy with this at all.
    Im thinking of just stop playing leagueraces for the rest of the season.
    I had no yellow sections.

Lap 13 Pretender got from 3th to 4th or 5th by hitting something or someone overtook him, after that he left.
    Lap 17 of 31 Drinking Ewok left the game... same lap Dpool has left the game.
    If there is a problem we discuss it and restart normaly... We dont leave the game. Besides that, we did 50% of a race so half points would make me warm and fuzzy.
    You guy's left me driving for 14 laps thinking i won a race!
    I think its only fair to say you guy's left yourselfs and i did not even know of any problem.
    I fought hard to stay ahead i feel robbed!
    [​IMG]

Monaco 2016

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  14. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    So, what's it to be chaps?

I wasn't at the Race, so can't comment on what happened. Rico, did it not say during the Race those guys had left the session or at least show AI as racing?

If people are leaving the lobby during a Race, they should Retire the car first, right? Would that have avoided the Yellow issue?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55

Only took me 2 day's :( why i do not know, i had to use chrome to upload mozilla has a bug.
    The one showed ai was Pretender, i overtook him twice. The rest just left the session without saying anything. So to my best knowledge they crashed there cars.
    Lap 17, 2 guy's just left Ewok and Dpool.
    I got a message on steam with a forumlink to this tread, wich i am not gonna look at while im racing in the rain!
    For the rest i would not know what happend, see my movie No yellows whole race, besides the safetycar and a spinout by myself.
    So can we scrapp Spa too, because i did not even make it to au rouge after 3 restarts... ?

:D

16. jonaslynnerup

jonaslynnerup

Ratings:
    +6
    I dont know the exact rules that you guys apply to, but i think because of the low appearance of players, it was very easy to score points for the tournament. This is not normally that easy, and because of the bug that i experienced aswell getting stuck behind mekkmeister while he was on a slower tyre, because of the yellow flag that had been applied to all over the track, it was undriveable and not possible to race against each other. I will admit that i was slow and made mistakes, which also was a factor to my retirement from the race. I think that the race should delegate 50% points to the participants and be over with and get on to the next race next weekend.

BR Ewok

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    You would be wrong there, the two mistakes I made didnt make me quit. I was awarded a drive through when the safety car came out cause I didnt drive like a snail through two corners which raised my delta time so much that even stopping on track wasnt enough. The safety car was a bloody ideal moment for me to get back into race.

18. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    I am ok with handing out half points. But you would have to pick the moment the SC came out for the results as for as I understand it, thats when the full-track yellow appeared for everyone.

I created a new vote at the top of this thread.

19. Dominik Welge

Dominik Welge

Ratings:
    +6
    i hate codemasters for this bug, after the safety car the whole track was under yellow flag with earning penalties by overtaking.... in my opinion it would be "the best tournament" if we restart it, because it wasnt able to fight for position on track at all!!!! sry there rico i can feel your pain there, would have the same, but thats unfair for all the others^^ just ask ewok who overtook me after a mistake and had to stand still so i can pass him again... this is just a ****ed up codemasters bug

20. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Its all good i respect whatever you deside! ;)

• Like Like x 1