Rosso Sim Racing: AMG GT3 steering wheel review

This is my review of my Rosso Sim Racing Mercedes AMG replica steering wheel.

Allow me to start by saying, i’ve had this wheel for quite some time, i got it on november 10th 2021, and it took me a while to write this up as i didn't want to simply write a fancy “first impressions” review… Currently i have a Turn Racing R305 wheel, a Ferrari 488 replica wheel by Innato, and this Rosso wheel.

1. What you get
Whenever you buy a wheel from Rosso Sim Racing you get a fancy box with padding inside so that in case your wheel gets dropped from an airplane, gets thrown by the delivery guy, or quite simply gets bounced around in the trunk of your car as you deliver pizzas at full speed, the wheel will be fine! Seriously, it’s very well packaged and arrives secured as was made.
You then open the box to discover a 323mm steering wheel, with a golden hub extension. The wheel has holes, like the real thing, has the size of the real thing, stickers like the real thing, and its for all intents and purposes designed and built up to be indistinguishable to the real thing.
It has 2 shifters, no clutch, and 5 buttons on the left side, and 4 on the right. Put limiter button has a 3d printed shroud, like the real thing, and finally a merc logo on a carbon fiber ring… you guessed it! Like the real thing.

1. How does it feel?
The wheel is always in your hands, and thus this is subjective, but highly important!
The grips are made with Alcantara on top of a 3d printed plastic. It was hard to show the contours as the alcantara simply absorbs all light… but there is definitely an ergonomic shape, and best of all, a soft cushy material padding the “in between” the 3d plastic and the alcantara… feels amazing!

The buttons. Easily an overlooked item on many wheels. I’ve found that most wheel manufacturers dont really bother with em, they are focused on them working, and maybe having LED lights on them. Enough, right? Well, Rosso’s AMG buttons are like no other. Sure, they work, and no fails in my usage thus far, but the buttons… How can I describe the amazing positive feedback you get when you press them? Have you ever eaten a green crispy apple? You know the crunch you feel? Yes, thats how it feels everytime you press a button… like biting an apple or braking a pencil. A definite crisp sensation that tells you: something has happened.

The BEST part of Rosso’s wheels is without a doubt, the shifters. For some reason people like a shifter that has inches of travel..! Inches. They have a dead zone, and then the engagement. Looking at real race steering wheels you’ll find the shifters to be more like the click of a mouse. Very little travel, just a click really. The rosso shifters are like that, a great “click”, a bigger click than a real race wheel (and i am sure if annoys Rosso!), yet a fantastic sensation similar to what we know and like as sim racers.. I’d go as far as to say its the best compromise between real and sim. After having used shifters by 5 different brands, all magnetic, i will never again use shifters not made like rosso’s. They are the PERFECT shifters

1. Shipping and purchase experience
Dealing with Jakub feels a lot like dealing with myself, and thus its fantastic! He is a nutcase in the best sense of the word as he is a bit neurotic, i mean he could have made the wheel to be 320mm, but no, the real one is 323, so his wheel has to be 323m… and yes, i measured. I dont think he is looking for customers as much as he wants caring hands and homes for the products he makes. I didnt have the best of the first experience, yet this time he has gone above and beyond on every single thing he can.
He answers messages quickly, and always… the latest i wrote him was 10pm for him, and he replied, to my huge surprise.
Shipping is from poland, and he shipped it all expeditiously, and always kept me informed on timetables, such as will finish building the wheel x day, shipping y day, and so on.,

1. How its held up and Driving with it.
Its BIG test was the 24 hours of Daytona in January. The best part of the story? I (with my team) won the race! Did the wheel have anything to do about it? Not sure, but its part of the story, forever. I did 3 stints 2 hours each, and ended with no cramps, and no discomfort… doesnt always happens this way!
Its a fantastic wheel that has lasted for months in use with no sign of damage, use, or faults.
Driving with a 323mm wheel is… well, its a rather large wheel compared to what i am used to, 300 and 305mm… So the added size helps to smooth out my inputs. I have even driven formula cars (skippy, formula 4, formula 3, f1) with the wheel (i really really love the shifters) without any issues whatsoever…

In a nutshell: its help up fine, and no cramps after hours of use.

Jakub has been great to deal with, and has even gone as far as helping me with a DIY personal project..! I fully recommend him, and this wheel is pretty great..!
Oh, and Spa 24H, I have you in my sights!

Hi buddy great review thinking of getting the amg gt3 from them .just tried to contact them on Instagram as I don’t have face book and I can’t find website do you have contact details I want o use it with fanatec DD1 obviously I will need the podium hub but wanted to know if it work and how to buy it

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 209 88.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 65 27.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.3%