Rosenqvist: Win a Realistic Aim

rosenqvist win.jpg
Felix Rosenqvist believes he has a realistic chance at a race win this season, despite the challenging driver level he’s up against.

Despite only having two Formula E races under his belt, Rosenqvist has established himself as an incredibly quick driver. He had viewers captivated in qualifying ahead of the Marrakesh ePrix, when he almost violently threw the Mahindra M3electro around the street circuit on his way to taking the team’s first pole position. During the race, he took his first Formula E podium, Mahindra’s second of the season.

“I never want to be over-confident and maybe Marrakesh just suited us at the time, but one thing I have to keep in mind is that the first two tracks we have visited have been more or less new to everyone, so that has helped me slightly as a rookie,” Rosenqvist told motorsport.com.​

Though the rookie took a trophy home from the race, it did have its downsides. After starting on pole, Rosenqvist was passed by championship leader Sebastien Buemi and Virgin’s Sam Bird, finishing the race third.

“We sat down as a team and now know what we have to do to improve and not make the same mistakes,” he said.

“As always in racing, you learn from experience and it should then make the difference when we get in to a good position like that again where we can fight for a win.

“I think this has to be our focus. I feel it is a realistic aim now.”

A win may be on the horizon for Rosenqvist, but that probably won’t come at the next race, where his rookie status will be more of a disadvantage. The Buenos Aires ePrix on the 18th of February has been run on the same track since the championship began, meaning most of the drivers Rosenqvist will be competing against have already raced there.

“But we are in the sim next week, and making big strides in this area to be really prepared for Argentina.”

For more Formula E news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula E sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Do you think Rosenqvist will take Mahindra’s first win, and when do you think it’ll come? Let us know in the comments below!

It's hard to believe that no F1 team has picked this guy up yet, he seems to be fantastic in every series he drives.

Formula E does have a certain feeling of being a place for 'have-been' drivers. Let's hope that's not the case for him.

It's certainly a realistic aim though I can't help but feel a bit sad his personal game of musical chairs/race series seem to have ended up in Formula E. I don't dispute the series relevancy or quality, but eh, I would've much preferred to see him in Indy or the WEC. Or just more Blancpain. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back