Rosberg/Hamilton & Sportsmanship

Sorry to see Nico Rosberg retiring, but wow, Hamilton sinks so low with his comments -

quote 'This is the first time he's won in 18 years, hence why it's not a surprise that he's retiring'.

This, along with his constant references to his reliability issues, shows why Rosberg is a better sportsman than Mr Hamilton will ever be.

Yes, I know all the sayings about ' show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser', but there is also such a thing as knowing when to show good sportsmanship, and as a fellow Brit, I'm sorry to say Hamilton does not know how to display it.

And for the record, Rosberg won GP2 and F_BMW on his way to F1.

Personally, I wouldn't be sorry if it was Hamilton that was retiring instead.

I guess Lewis meant that Nico hadn't beat him in 18 years because beating other people obviously doesn't mean anything according to him. I expect Lewis will keep going until Mercedes lose their dominance which hopefully wont be many more years.

I like how once Hamilton lost it, said "Next year Nico, i am coming with all i have to take the title" and Nico in less than 48 hours retires. I bet Hamilton lost all of his fire. He went like from 0 to 360 and back to 0 lol

LOL shame a good driver is always less liked - LH was ALWAYS going to beat NR no matter what - Good one Mercedes for "organising" a very strange engine blow up and various realiability issues for LH this season and GOOD for Lewis to back his dear old pal into the traffic in the final - only problem was that it happen to be Vettel (another German) behind in 3rd at that point - Frankly I was hoping to see DR or MV (or BOTH) in a position to challenge Nico which would have been Lewis's sweet revenge. Like father like son (or is it the other way round?) Kiki won the championship with ONE victory in 1982 when F1 experienced the death of Villenueve and then the demise of Didier Pironi (both Ferrari and one of them the most likely champion in that dismal 1982 season.) Hate Lewis as much as you like, he is currently 3rd BEST of all champions ever. Only Schumacher and Prost has more wins. Go Lewis GO !!

At Midweek Motorsports i heard Daman saying that and Vettel and Max never would have overtaken Nico. Vettel because he is a fellow German and Max because his tires were off. But also one other factor was very important: the likeability factor of Nico compared to Lewis. The way how other drivers reacted (except LH) on Nicos title was clearly to be seen, according to Daman.

LOL shame a good driver is always less liked - LH was ALWAYS going to beat NR no matter what - Good one Mercedes for "organising" a very strange engine blow up and various realiability issues for LH this season and GOOD for Lewis to back his dear old pal into the traffic in the final - only problem was that it happen to be Vettel (another German) behind in 3rd at that point - Frankly I was hoping to see DR or MV (or BOTH) in a position to challenge Nico which would have been Lewis's sweet revenge. Like father like son (or is it the other way round?) Kiki won the championship with ONE victory in 1982 when F1 experienced the death of Villenueve and then the demise of Didier Pironi (both Ferrari and one of them the most likely champion in that dismal 1982 season.) Hate Lewis as much as you like, he is currently 3rd BEST of all champions ever. Only Schumacher and Prost has more wins. Go Lewis GO !!

Stop with the Mercedes sabotage rubbish, because it's ridiculous. Rosberg has had more mechanical failures in race since 2013.

Exactly!
2015: The engine failure in Monza. Throttle failure in Russia. And several times a brake problem if i recall correctly.
And this year! gearbox problem at Silverstone which cost him a lot of time (plus that penalty because of his team).

I dont like the comments either. But a lot of the really big names are like this, some are not Mika comes to mind. Schumacher was a lot worse IMO, but he's my most admired driver along with Senna, Prost, Mansell, Berger, Alesi etc.

To be a champion at this level you have to be ruthless, in all sports. Sometimes there's no room for being nice. Absolutely shitty comment from Hamilton, Nico has made similar ones, they've both been salty.

FACT stands, Nico beat Hamilton, Nico is champion. If I was in Nico's shoes, Hamilton could tell me I eat his dust during races, but I'd be the 2016 Formula 1 Champion of the #$*&ing world eating his dust... get it.

Hate Lewis as much as you like, he is currently 3rd BEST of all champions ever. Only Schumacher and Prost has more wins. Go Lewis GO !!

Schumacher is first. Fangio is 2nd and Vettel is joint 3rd with Prost. Making Hamilton joint 5th. And 5th is a long list.

7- Schumacher
5- Fangio
4- Prost, Vettel.
3- Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Hamilton.

I know your history may not go further back than Schumacher but it would help to know the history before you try and re-write it.

Lol
Schumacher is first. Fangio is 2nd and Vettel is joint 3rd with Prost. Making Hamilton joint 5th. And 5th is a long list.

7- Schumacher
5- Fangio
4- Prost, Vettel.
3- Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Hamilton.

I know your history may not go further back than Schumacher but it would help to know the history before you try and re-write it.

perhaps you need to REALLY read what I am saying - I am talking about GRAND PRIX WINS - secondly I go back to WATCHING Sir Jackie Stewart winning the South African GP and see the death of Tom Pryce unfold right in front of me - so pal if you want to talk GP history better check who you want to challenge first lol and NO sir Jack Brabham only won TWO world titles, not 3 - looks like you need to get your history in order buddy lol

NO sir Jack Brabham only won TWO world titles, not 3 - looks like you need to get your history in order buddy lol

Lol, looks like you need to brush up on your F1 history :D

Jack Brabham won three world championships. Two with the Cooper Climax in 1959 and 1960, and another one with Brabham in 1966.

*drops mic!

(For future reference, please research to make sure you are posting correct facts ;) )

Lol

perhaps you need to REALLY read what I am saying - I am talking about GRAND PRIX WINS - secondly I go back to WATCHING Sir Jackie Stewart winning the South African GP and see the death of Tom Pryce unfold right in front of me - so pal if you want to talk GP history better check who you want to challenge first lol and NO sir Jack Brabham only won TWO world titles, not 3 - looks like you need to get your history in order buddy lol

Like i said before you're still wrong either way. Hamilton is 2nd in GP wins.
And Brabham won 3. So yeah......

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years