AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ SPA - Friday 9th June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi, I need some assistance to prepare for Friday's event. What is the aim of playing with tyre pressures - trying to even out the tyre pressures or even out the working temperatures ?
Thanks

Hi, I need some assistance to prepare for Friday's event. What is the aim of playing with tyre pressures - trying to even out the tyre pressures or even out the working temperatures ?
Thanks

As far as I know, the goal is to introduce one step at a time a new parameter of the setup, this allowing you to understand how to change that particular parameter, and how it affects the car's handling. It started with tyre pressures as it is one of the first thing to set up in a car.

Well my tires are blue when i drive the car, I don't think i work the car hard enough for my driving style on a default setup, i hear that you need green tires, but this might not be possible on all 4 tires, so ..
To increase the temperature of a tire you would lower the pressure to allow it to move move more, if tires are getting to hot, you would increase the pressure taking away resistance, but you will also loose grip if you go to high.
I am still learning the fine art of this in Ac myself, maybe someone with a better understanding can help,
Im sure somebody on tspeak will be helping out on the night, just ask they are a friendly bunch of guys..

Thanks
Go for green pressures in the AC tyre App. You may need one or two laps to get constant values. In this car it wont be possible to have every temperature green. So pressure is more important.

Remember if we get 10 or more drivers in server 2 i will drop in there and run the event, so signing up still counts..
Come on guys its Spa, just the ticket for a great weekend of fun. dont miss out :)

Go for green pressures in the AC tyre App. You may need one or two laps to get constant values. In this car it wont be possible to have every temperature green. So pressure is more important.

Yea, on theses cars optimal temp range is quite impossible to achieve for all tyres. Moreover, pressures are displayed in the Pro Tyres application as a gap to the optimal value (-1.2 for example), which may make the car easier to set up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back