AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Imola - Friday April 14, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
i understood your opinion. But i don't know if you know what "Hexenschuss" is? You can't move beyond this event. And this i get yesterday and tell it here. So to set it as not to come to the race? It is as it is but this i think is not the right way to handle injuries.
hape

A couple of weeks ago whilst brushing my teeth as i straightened up, Bang my back goes again.. i suffer the same..im layed on the floor for 2 hours in agony and eventually make it to my bed where i lay for the next 3 days.. every breath was pain. i was sweating, constantly and shaking which brings on more pain.. no medication helps in this.. the pain even laughs at Tramadol... im a complete wreck after this and spend the next week recovering and getting back on my feet... my body telling me ive done to much..I know the pain my friend...

The chatter in TS was absolutely awful for long periods during the race on server 1! I know its friday and we are to have a fun time but really? Sudden shouts, swearing, sharp noices is truly annoying and made me (as sucky I am at this) several times loose it and going off the track.
And before us backmarkers even had finished several just left the server. Maybe we should have a second server always, for us that aren't as fast?

On server 2 I am not sure who was talking to who as I couldnt see my TS window...but one of the more experienced guys who I guess was spectating was talking a less experienced guy around the circuit and I actually found myself listening to the advice being given on taking corners and actually managed to beat my personal best time by using the advice being given to someone else.
It was also fun to listen the the experienced lads talking about things like the pros and cons of stick shifting, how 6th gear was impossible and their lap times etc. (yes I am new to online gaming lol).
Just to say that I think its all good, clean fun and most enjoyable even for a complete novice like myself.

Regarding the team speak... I get it that it may be off putting at first but stick with it... The guys here and in the other sims are great guys... Yeh people take the piss at times, some are louder than others but all are helpful. It makes the club racing for me that not only is it good racing but it (as far as sitting behind a wheel and a monitor can be) is a social experience too. And I've had some great tips that have really helped me improve my driving. Don't be afraid to ask anyone questions that's all I can say

That method where you are braking with the left foot...does that technique have a name?...sorry to ask but I was wondering how to gain the nearly 4 seconds per lap that I cant seem to find lol (my best 2.11)...I seem to be using the right gearing etc.
Thanks

I've found this that might be part of the answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking

Also this from the 'trail braking' entry at wikipedia: "
In four wheel vehicles trail braking pertains to using the brakes past the corner entrance (as opposed to the normally taught practice of releasing the brakes before starting the turn). This practice is used for creating weight transfer towards the front tires, thus increasing their traction and reducing understeer. It works best in light vehicles that have their brake bias to the front.

In order to be properly performed, the driver must have excellent sense of the vehicle's behavior and be able to keep the braking effort within very tight limits. Excessive braking effort may result in the vehicle heavily understeering, or - if the brake bias is set to nearly neutral - in the rear wheels locking, effectively causing the vehicle to spin as in a handbrake turn.

Once a driver has mastered trail braking, it can help enter the corners at higher speeds, or avoid an accident if the driver has entered a corner at a speed exceeding the vehicle's (or driver's) capabilities.
" here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_braking

I've just been doing some practice of these techniques in a simracing environment and feel comfortable with them. I believe I'm faster using them but I'm sure this is very subjective and others will go faster with traditional right foot braking.

Most simracers I know prefer the use of auto-clutch, auto-blip and paddles for all cars... That, I think, makes you faster but it doesn't feel right to me when driving a manual car with an H-shifter in real life... I'm a little bit picky for such things.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I've found this that might be part of the answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-foot_braking

Also this from the 'trail braking' entry at wikipedia: "
In four wheel vehicles trail braking pertains to using the brakes past the corner entrance (as opposed to the normally taught practice of releasing the brakes before starting the turn). This practice is used for creating weight transfer towards the front tires, thus increasing their traction and reducing understeer. It works best in light vehicles that have their brake bias to the front.

In order to be properly performed, the driver must have excellent sense of the vehicle's behavior and be able to keep the braking effort within very tight limits. Excessive braking effort may result in the vehicle heavily understeering, or - if the brake bias is set to nearly neutral - in the rear wheels locking, effectively causing the vehicle to spin as in a handbrake turn.

Once a driver has mastered trail braking, it can help enter the corners at higher speeds, or avoid an accident if the driver has entered a corner at a speed exceeding the vehicle's (or driver's) capabilities.
" here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_braking

I've just been doing some practice of these techniques in a simracing environment and feel comfortable with them. I believe I'm faster using them but I'm sure this is very subjective and others will go faster with traditional right foot braking.

Most simracers I know prefer the use of auto-clutch, auto-blip and paddles for all cars... That, I think, makes you faster but it doesn't feel right to me when driving a manual car with an H-shifter in real life... I'm a little bit picky for such things.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Many thanks for that...I have a lot to learn lol...I also agree that I like to use the H-Shifter when its what the car IRL uses...in fact I prefer the H-Shifter and clutch but then I'm old and that was how I have always driven...I have never owned an automatic.
Being a Brit though I have my shifter set up on the left :).
Again...thanks

On server 2 I am not sure who was talking to who as I couldnt see my TS window...but one of the more experienced guys who I guess was spectating was talking a less experienced guy around the circuit and I actually found myself listening to the advice being given on taking corners and actually managed to beat my personal best time by using the advice being given to someone else.
It was also fun to listen the the experienced lads talking about things like the pros and cons of stick shifting, how 6th gear was impossible and their lap times etc. (yes I am new to online gaming lol).
Just to say that I think its all good, clean fun and most enjoyable even for a complete novice like myself.

That was Bram, he also runs the driving school. yes he is very good in the way he explains things,

Hi guys. Another strange 'race' this week. I know I'm in fault. Had the game only 1 day, had no time enough to learn all the things. Had no teamspeak because i don't have micro speaker set yet. Did not see the mesage or chat in game. May be I'm getting to old for those things
Sorry again for the trouble
Cu next round, have a very strange voice

Im sorry also i had to kick you, it was nothing personnel, per say just a rule we have. Finding the chat box is hard in AC, that's one reason why we ask all drivers to have tspeak set up and working for our events. Please feel free to tag me if you need assistance in setting it up or want to test it. im around most days.
Hope to see you next week for some fun in AC..
Mightmazda Friday rules and server 2 is where the best fun is.. server 1 may say different :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back