AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Imola - Friday April 14, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would like to thank adam for his sports man-ship.

I tried for almost the whole race to get by, i made plenty of mistakes he made none worth mentioning. And the only reason i got a chance was when he got overtaken. He acidently hit me
as i took advantage of this. Although RD is pretty good for this most of the time i get punted of
only to see the driver disappering into the distance, usually because i have the audacity to overtake.
Adam slowed down and let me re-pass, even loosing a place.

@Kek700 I just watched the replay I wanted to quickly apologise for the contacts in pirantella.. all my fault, glad you managed to hold it and recovered.. I really don't know what was I doing today :mad:

I would like to thank adam for his sports man-ship.

I tried for almost the whole race to get by, i made plenty of mistakes he made none worth mentioning. And the only reason i got a chance was when he got overtaken. He acidently hit me
as i took advantage of this. Although RD is pretty good for this most of the time i get punted of
only to see the driver disappering into the distance, usually because i have the audacity to overtake.
Adam slowed down and let me re-pass, even loosing a place.

Yes i was following you guys most of the race and it was very nice to see the golden rule being adhered to, well done guys. :thumbsup:

Ok guys for the most in server 2 the track limits were adhered to. But just to clarify to all drivers as a recap in server 1 and server 2
Please remember we race to a code, no more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line that goes around the track. This is the same rule for all RD events no matter which club you race in. I realise mistakes can happen when racing and the car below is mine.
But a little lift of the gas to show you have made a mistake and you are good to go.
You have to police your self or i will start to do it . We all must race to the same rules plain and simple.

So below are 2 pictures the 1st is ok and the maximum you can go over the white line.
picture 2 is out of bounds with more than 2 wheels.

This is the maximum you can go over the line without needing to lift off the gas.
on the line.jpg

All 4 wheels over the white line, Now you need to lift off the gas please.
over the limet.jpg

Please be aware of our rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2017.10978/

Hi Yohann,
Fantastic fight yesterday at Imola. It was intense and very tight at times. I really had a great time. A bit disappointed with my last lap and how that allowed such a complicated situation in the last chicane... You were very fast! Here is the race from my POV:
Enjoy!

Well the last chicane was questionable, the position gained should of been conceded in my opinion. You had lost track position and was not far enough along side before the turn in, it was a dive bomb in racing terms for RD, which resulted in the cutting of the chicane and disadvantaging the other driver .. hope this clarifies the situation for next time :)

Hi Yohann,
Fantastic fight yesterday at Imola. It was intense and very tight at times. I really had a great time. A bit disappointed with my last lap and how that allowed such a complicated situation in the last chicane... You were very fast! Here is the race from my POV:

Enjoy!
That method where you are braking with the left foot...does that technique have a name?...sorry to ask but I was wondering how to gain the nearly 4 seconds per lap that I cant seem to find lol (my best 2.11)...I seem to be using the right gearing etc.
Thanks

The chatter in TS was absolutely awful for long periods during the race on server 1! I know its friday and we are to have a fun time but really? Sudden shouts, swearing, sharp noices is truly annoying and made me (as sucky I am at this) several times loose it and going off the track.
And before us backmarkers even had finished several just left the server. Maybe we should have a second server always, for us that aren't as fast?
LMAO...i know the feeling brother....one little loud noise can knock you completely off the track !!!!!!!....but guess what?..we get used to it and calm the **** down...lol....your radio headset would hear your crewchief yack, yack, yack!!!!!!!...i can see you telling him it was his fault for talking too much.....lmao.. truth is.....some it bothers more than others...talk servers are as good as the people in them, it could go bad at anytime.....i just quit a discord server because it was too much noise.

Last edited:
Yeah im using problems without any problems, but im running auto clutch.
also have PADDLES....also run auto clutch when it's ALLOWED on the server....still have no idea what the difference is because i don't have a clutch peddle....i just lift a tad, no lost time i hope...i'm not LAST, put it that way...i'm near the back tho....some cars i get in top 5 , and i have different wheel settings for each car......pedal range, brake gamma, speed sensitivity, steering .....in the OPTIONS/controller......it makes a difference in feel...i use a $75 wheel/pedals with unplugged FFB and it was made 10 years ago, but still drives great to me....i'm competetive to some and that's all i need for now.

SIgnouts have been closed already. I'll note this as a no show up. Threads are up for a entire week and there is no reason to sign-out 1 hour before the event starts.

We need this hour to make last minute preparations.
i understood your opinion. But i don't know if you know what "Hexenschuss" is? You can't move beyond this event. And this i get yesterday and tell it here. So to set it as not to come to the race? It is as it is but this i think is not the right way to handle injuries.
hape

also have PADDLES....also run auto clutch when it's ALLOWED on the server....still have no idea what the difference is because i don't have a clutch peddle....i just lift a tad, no lost time i hope...i'm not LAST, put it that way...i'm near the back tho....some cars i get in top 5 , and i have different wheel settings for each car......pedal range, brake gamma, speed sensitivity, steering .....in the OPTIONS/controller......it makes a difference in feel...i use a $75 wheel/pedals with unplugged FFB and it was made 10 years ago, but still drives great to me....i'm competetive to some and that's all i need for now.

Just to confirm
Auto clutch,
Auto gear box
and the cars factory settings should be on in all the servers in all the clubs
You can race in cockpit view or bonnet view, ( just remember to engage you virtual mirrors if needed)
TAG and inform the staff member of the race if its not or tag me ill make it so.
This is Club Racing and is first and foremost meant to be fun, and that means you can race with a keyboard, a controller or a wheel, Clutch or no clutch every body should be catered for regardless of experience or their equipment.:thumbsup:

AS for Teamspeak banter, we never ask anybody to be quiet, Again its meant to be fun, OK im not a big fan of swearing so the f word is a no no, but I understand it pops out every now and again and its not aimed at any body so i let it slide...But i will come down on guys if it hear any body being abused, (and having lived and worked in Europe for about 15 years i seem to of picked up all the bad words per say) :redface:
So the more banter the better it does calm the nerves when you get used to it and you will relax and end up driving faster (trust me on this)
you can adjust the volume of Tspeak so its only just a heard over the roar of the Mighty Mazda.;)
But please don't mute the headphones as staff may need to call out instruction to all or a specific driver.
So again if you are not on Tspeak for the race i will kick you from the server,

Now as for the end of the race just quitting without saying goodbye to you fellow racers is just plain rude in my opinion. it only takes a minute for a few words... We often sit for a good half hour talking about the fun we had and sharing advice etc, its a pity to miss out on this don't you think.. or Stay on the server for a bit more practice to see of you have learnt anything over the race following guys who were quicker, YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING ;)

As for having quick guy in the rookie races, Maybe we should change this to rookie cars...
Because that's what it is. Your not a rookie if you are racing...:)
Slow cars rule in racing clubs its where the best fun is and that's why they are here, not to show you "look how fast i am".
Its because its the best form of club racing you can have and hopefully they share their technique or you can watch them whilst sat in the pits , i know i do. i did not get under 2:10 in a lap but over the race i gained over 2 seconds on my previous time
And ill leave you all with this

ITS NOT ABOUT THE LAP TIMES OR POSITION YOU FINISHED, ITS ABOUT THE JOURNEY YOU HAD TO THE END OF THE RACE THAT MATTERS ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back