AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Imola - Friday April 14, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For my part we run with stock default setups. But the way AC servers are setup I have no idea how to simply do that. But yeah fixed setups imo always provide. @Glaurung can you help us out here with fixed settings?

With regards to setup knowledge @Alírio Rego I often read that people say that they don't know much about setups. This however is a choice as there is plenty of documentation here on the site to familiarize yourself with setups if you wish :) I know, homework sucks, but if you are interested to learn more you should absolutely check this out:
Guide A and Guide B

For rookies and beginners in sim racing my advice would be to stay away from setups completely as they won't help you one bit as long as you aren't a master of the car you are driving. Until the point you can run 10 laps in a row with spot on laptimes that is the moment to start tweaking things. Otherwise you will never know if you were a tad faster because of despite the setup changes you have made.

I can't even remember the amount of times where I spend days tweaking setups only to find out after 500 laps that I ran faster with the default when reverting the changes :D

Hahah true that! I read some things from time to time, some tips but i don't like to change much just because of what you said. Anyways just wanted to tell you my idea. Now i just want to feel that i'm using every part of the car and track to improve the laptimes. Those videos with the Kunos guy and BMW M235i are pretty simple and helpfull.

Is there room for one more at server 2? I'm purchasing Jap.Pack for tonight's party, so any tips for set up the mx-5 will be appreciated :whistling:

thanks

For my part we run with stock default setups. But the way AC servers are setup I have no idea how to simply do that. But yeah fixed setups imo always provide. @Glaurung can you help us out here with fixed settings?

With regards to setup knowledge @Alírio Rego I often read that people say that they don't know much about setups. This however is a choice as there is plenty of documentation here on the site to familiarize yourself with setups if you wish :) I know, homework sucks, but if you are interested to learn more you should absolutely check this out:
Guide A and Guide B

For rookies and beginners in sim racing my advice would be to stay away from setups completely as they won't help you one bit as long as you aren't a master of the car you are driving. Until the point you can run 10 laps in a row with spot on laptimes that is the moment to start tweaking things. Otherwise you will never know if you were a tad faster because of despite the setup changes you have made.

I can't even remember the amount of times where I spend days tweaking setups only to find out after 500 laps that I ran faster with the default when reverting the changes :D
I'm away from home at the moment, and will be back in about 3 hours.
Regarding the fixed setup feature in AC, it works as described in the Dedicated Server Manual:

The setups can be only partially fixed: the user can remove sections or keys from the ini file to make those part "customizable". Everything that is part of the file will be locked in the clients.
So if you want a fixed setup with free fuel quantity then the "[FUEL]VALUE=XXX " must be removed.

So far for the rookie events we have always prepared full fixed setups.

hi
i have to sign out because of big pain in my back.
So see you next time without pain
hape
SIgnouts have been closed already. I'll note this as a no show up. Threads are up for a entire week and there is no reason to sign-out 1 hour before the event starts.

We need this hour to make last minute preparations.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%