AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Imola - Friday April 14, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me out, I don't know if I will be back on time for this..
I'll ask for a server 2 spot if I'm back home during the quali.

Well i got an idea the other day regarding us Rookies and our little knowledge about racing.

Since we are using our own or default setups(i don't really know much about setups) we could, for each race, only able to change 1 or 2 parameters in the car. This way we can have a more similar experience and understand more easily the behavior that those settings make to the car.

I am out of this race, switching over to the Mini race in Automobilista. Now i invested in it, i want to get them races packed regularly ;) a problem Assetto races surely don't have ;)
Have fun :)

For my part we run with stock default setups. But the way AC servers are setup I have no idea how to simply do that. But yeah fixed setups imo always provide. @Glaurung can you help us out here with fixed settings?

With regards to setup knowledge @Alírio Rego I often read that people say that they don't know much about setups. This however is a choice as there is plenty of documentation here on the site to familiarize yourself with setups if you wish :) I know, homework sucks, but if you are interested to learn more you should absolutely check this out:
Guide A and Guide B

For rookies and beginners in sim racing my advice would be to stay away from setups completely as they won't help you one bit as long as you aren't a master of the car you are driving. Until the point you can run 10 laps in a row with spot on laptimes that is the moment to start tweaking things. Otherwise you will never know if you were a tad faster because of despite the setup changes you have made.

I can't even remember the amount of times where I spend days tweaking setups only to find out after 500 laps that I ran faster with the default when reverting the changes :D

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back