AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Barcelona GP(Live Stream) - Friday 12th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race that one, shame about being taken out once again on lap one, I even went wide to avoid dive bombers but it seems the dive bombers forgot they had brakes entirely :laugh:, so went from 7th to 20th in one corner :( Still I managed to cut back through the pack slowly and had some awesome practice and battles whilst overtaking people and ended up in 9th :D happy with that

Guys that was superb tonight, brilliant fun!

Had a brilliant opening lap running 2 wide with @Tobias Röhner pretty much the whole way round, then settled down to a nice fight with @Simon Hodge until "those ****ing kerbs" stuck and he disappeared in away in the rear view mirror :)

Eventually clung on for 2nd place which I'm delighted with, and had a thoroughly good night without a single scratch on my little car :)

Thank you @Rupe Wilson for setting it up, and hopefully see many of you at the next one in Mugello - http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ello-live-stream-friday-19th-may-2017.135714/

Oh and whist I have your attention, how about getting that second server filled up in the Wednesday rookies race using the Abarth 500 - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rookies-abarth-500-zandvoort-wednesday-17th-may-2017.135642/ ;):cool::p

Thanks Rasmus. I was pushing maybe a little too hard and glancing in the rear view mirror but I put the throttle on a little too early and around I went. Nevermind. It was fun racing with you and I couldn't shake you mate. :thumbsup:

Oh and a quick reminder... you must use TeamSpeak for these events, I'm pretty sure a couple of guys didn't and it has been noted. Please make sure you are in TS, even if you don't wish to speak, as the software is mandatory for club events here at RD. :) Thanks!

Sorry for my late arrival, i had a shocking week with my pc,,, but it looks like ive cracked it now. i managed a full session, practice to race so i am one happy bunny. :)

lets hope it stays this way..

My best consistent race, never out of the track!
Sorry for the touch at the beginning but can happen, happened to me almost in every race.
Then I had 10 or more laps leveling at the same exact time and fighting with @MirNet, really exciting!

See you next time.

Some pics from server 2, including dave peat about to wipe me out going reverse into the turn :D
--_Z7X_b_GxCWFxJIJIBzHmk5S_lveTmBrh9GPBg6NcI3yI9EjoUwmKbz8Nuyfa1i1kGnLhM-cmwisIzKj9cKTIJDDrc1OOSooGMWNGhfg2cO4ocSdNhLUWluygOGXAEKhfnOb9H4-O_FKAqTUEqpsZnAGDXayVjmG4099kgKZLlO132d895nT6_-c3_kT7nuiZNneKZT3lZsCbdInSgKbO7EEJBTWqEFqRjoiPDD3B53P2p_PQZqGCyeSFsMtj9p3XXY4wcN8nBwnRls11Qsiy7eewfQihbXkqUVdQd4jNHjqPazUvvqq-EcSBz4Gd7kUFkEftz-Qegw7lU4YFEbfbe6q0A30G7_TrLct3hrCiMo7PYMQIu1xlbIjTnjpquBOhJ1xg8Gu5eF7Irzo8bS6U2U-THGS2h1Ra4z1j6BYgavgqQaZV8eG0VEbt94Ir7DHe9fSC2cf7MVRr_MCVtEdIi0tHlb5mocKIiltyACbQW28njmZHy-Mdv59cGQNADZQXIrRs11tRSzaYHHWEumoqzeSiZfM1SXZtrCfkcMjNczqAgJHbwMsVJ9usjVkujqv8t3zfnM1KFyyvq-plF0DQ8bzZnPfWKkwdRPcA6JN88KXcn7i1M=w5760

HdGs2aOBZA2DO3VlsmGFvB0vucpjLOSbS7sLYvRoOUF-rWk3kKDJpiNxyF9xVn5VT_04sSoOTA03cd99OCkkoP0wEt-ZnlChMW8fYi36BAaJ3503IA5L5uzbN6W5cCpG6OYgnj40m83LLAp4N5uclErZ3lJj6rzsIxtVph5Inh4IA0pk5tb8XfE0GrujFF5cb2e4VvGCOeXKiFPCLn4qCmZ7Fzt8NRgBOgK3MdVc6j03AKEMlIGn4MqtuIRM6pizMT8wligxfexJrrOkQw2t-rqwbkbgz-fNhFjQvCpzyuLfvxMRmuk07NGGsBE3Oz_pldWJunlQN93CcOpjQxAxhcx_CwSWasB3zswLDTZ2uVlGx1cEoA5j-J1hzbHcmDAvTwFIBoGUEgRRTPZEEzHTYzakmFLnLs1fBVOa31lc5mz95JMKsVDjrU5KVDQJOe8kcuOCeqeEjuVZ0hyoNAK1JLkVyyOA1BHwGo2sPwPFtba-YcwNV_jVDnmQ7SvcL8GqYVPi30GSjkpvSB8M4KH7ikoPoxQbTak0MCYXPuQ5tlL6Kho0sbRI_gSnnyCJvJMr7h19KuYfN_yIfKDfKGy5tLgYacldz-rf9SVpE71nTsoJ71wJqdWA=w5760

2-F0OTiR6MTMWAFvfiFbOEIui9gu-WgWGpGALH3wIVGaW9r3D4FC7Krbs7GGygUxeyewwa8nRznesUdf8CfhxLPdgbsxyfuzlCHddjfdoXOeUjvAvrQZPkZaX7CibcVUE0VYATHGDaM1kUyCYvdvQ0tBDtzUZOG7Aar3gRWNzLreg-kALe8lXF2QFHTaCQJP_iEJoHhWqV05g71TUHrTuQKWzPeFIT3ZnzaBlutgo9_5abH5JSIJ6fZseru8OMGTrrOt4G3ir9pmls0yRL7FFwKqLVVpesT8MT9uu5JfbMvgfWwhYTYw2lsznjiuNtHmWKRAvF_ctRQ7WGL5gxVlW2IbGopCCmdsz0A3nLSRcztiJji9Ob8fRB8Fn7Q_sA1Z65Cqw5zhrSj9czERDmZMsshGvRhhyl_-hzZm7Fr3rw5kQMDp5qYYw7jVMTygHqQPTZYBErmjNHpRUpskYfgeccmWxoNjAxQRevBbJ00XepdO-4lKnyDNd8NmC31pE7O-WvgqpO1iiYkLYgeb38LHBEj_9TLW1fyFwy_ItLhKEoaCny_cJNWJB2It1AW20nLc49946iGC_-7uj8bJKHY9Gql-oaNVqLj8OGYC5apNXtEO4ey3bHSt=w5760

Couple of lessons learned:
I need to take a look at the brake-pedal set-up in AC before racing again.
I could barely touch it without going to 100% brake, making the whole thing something of a jerky experience.
Second, with this combo, don't even vaguely entertain the suggestion of possibly thinking about maybe going onto the kerbs.... :D

Ah well, still good fun. :)
Apologies for my somewhat abrupt departure on TS. I went to feed the cat and make some coffee, then promptly forgot I was still logged on and rebooted. :whistling:

This was the first race at RaceDepartment and I had an absolute blast! I was a bit worried about the track selection as i prefer smaller circuits for these slow cars. However, i was proven wrong as the race was nuts for pretty much the entire time.

I was surprised about my pace in qualifying, ending up in P3 only a couple of tenths between P2 and P4, so i was pretty much right up there with the big boys. The first laps were brilliant, battling with Yohann and Antonio, going 3 wide at some corners, all without contact.
I then screwed up the Chicane and Yohann got some room to breathe, that he used to break away, leaving me and Antonio behind for the following laps. @Tobias Röhner caught up quickly and joined the party... slowly Antonio broke free as well and started to chase down Yohann, Tobias and me spend the rest of the race with an absolutely epic battle, a lot of overtakes, defensive moves and just a heck of a lot of fun. I then stepped on "the ****ing kerbs" and lost the car unfortunately. Found myself in P7 and battled my way up to P5 again until 4 minutes before finish i got disconnected from the server. This issue haunted me for the past 3 months and magically fixed itself for the last three weeks. Seems like my old friend gave me a visit once more. Lets hope he wont stay too long, as he is quite annoying :D

Thanks for that experience, it was amazing and all without any preparation. Fixed MX5 is superb!

i dont know if i can make these races regularly as i usually dont race on Fridays, but if time will let me, ill be there.

Thanks all and see you on track :)

Denis M

Couple of lessons learned:
I need to take a look at the brake-pedal set-up in AC before racing again.
I could barely touch it without going to 100% brake, making the whole thing something of a jerky experience.
Second, with this combo, don't even vaguely entertain the suggestion of possibly thinking about maybe going onto the kerbs.... :D

Ah well, still good fun. :)
Apologies for my somewhat abrupt departure on TS. I went to feed the cat and make some coffee, then promptly forgot I was still logged on and rebooted. :whistling:
sounds like you just have to replace the potentiometer/load cell (whatever your pedals use)
shouldnt be much more expensive than 10 bucks at max. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back