• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

EU Rookies: Audi TT @ SILVERSTONE National - Tuesday 9th May 2017

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, May 2, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 09-05-17
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,629
    [​IMG]
    This will be our fourth of many RaceRoom Racing Experience events for newcomers on Tuesday night. Of course our seasoned R3E members are also more than welcome to join as long as they help out the newcomers as we always tend to do :thumbsup:

Time to install Teamspeak and join the fun online while you enjoy the banter. Ask as many questions about simracing as you like and don't be afraid as there are no stupid questions. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll become a better driver :) #TTTuesday

Wait? What is this?

For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of RaceRoom Racing Experience with the correct content, a keyboard, a console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you safely out on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver with the help of seasoned veterans and staff.

Make sure to be on time for the practice session and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the event. During the practice and qualification you have a full hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wive, girlfriend, mom in time.

Who can join?
    All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (Teamspeak is mandatory for this event :thumbsup:)
    Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM ROOKIES
    Cars: Audi TT Cup 2015 or 2016
    Track: SILVERSTONE National

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
    Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

Entry List
    1. Kenny Paton (ask me anything)
    2. Jonas Hillert
    3. Kid_TaBo
    4. Colin Herkes
    5. Henning Stolle
    6. RasmusP
    7. davew045
    8. PietervE8
    9. Gopher04
    10. Case_
    11. Vitor M Sousa
    12. Bozian
    13. Rubenslash
    14. Calv Killmore
    15. Haris82
    16. Ross Garland
    17. Reggie Blain Snr
    18. Reggie Blain
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot
    25. Free slot
    UTP #18kp

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Sign me up please :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kid_TaBo

Kid_TaBo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    sign me up too

• Like Like x 2
  4. Colin Herkes

Colin Herkes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Can you sign me up please;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD (Steam: WrightRD) Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,262
    I guess so... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +734
    Yes, yes, and yes! Sign me in please! Maybe no crash to Last Position this time :D

• Like Like x 5
  7. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    Please add me to the list

• Like Like x 4
  8. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +734
    oh yes another head to head battle between you and me is in the air. Hope you got enough space today in the fight :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +183
    Very much so. You are a first class driver IMHO and I am looking forward to getting by you one day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PietervE8

PietervE8
    De la Sarthe 08 Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Hi there, count me in please.
    Regards

• Like Like x 4
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +328
    I'm in..;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. MHOLL

MHOLL

Ratings:
    +18
    You don't have enough people so I am signing up, someone gotta be last :) I don't even have the game yet, 95% I will get around to install it and buy the necessary content but if not I will tell you in time.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,629
    Hopefully you will get it and enjoy it. check out the cheapest way to get the content in this thread here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MHOLL

MHOLL

Ratings:
    +18
    sorry, take me out, please. I don't like this game at all, the force feedback is brutal and the visibility not very good (can't see a corner from the dash on the test track at 0.7 FOV and that is not even the mathematically correct 0.5) and a zillion other things I could probably fiddle and configure out but right now I'd better focus at improving in AC.

15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,630
    What's brutal about the FFB?

Also, I'm also driving with FOV around 0.5 or 0.6. Have you tried moving your seat forward? I have to move it forward quite a lot to feel comfortable. Then again I don't feel like I need to be able to see into the corner when I'm using a correct FOV.

16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,630
    Also, I see I'm commenting here but not signed up. Let's fix that ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +734
    Yeah I know what you mean, the default settings are quiet different in these two games.
    If you ever feel that AC is "not enough" for you I will gladly help you to configure it to that it feels very similar to AC.
    You have a lot of FFB settings which need to be tweaked and of course you can alter the seat position!
    For me there is no difference at all. R3E is a little bit less eye candy but softer for the eyes and sharper. The FFB is a little more detailed on low forces.
    Overall the fov/seat/cockpit view and the driving it self is almost the same for me. But don't want to push you :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,244
    Ok, but can you answer everything? :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings: