AC Rookies: Audi Sport TT Cup at Le Mans - Wednesday 14th June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Due to some hard sailing over the weekend and despite the gloves my hands are all blistered and not good for driving yet :) Wish tons of fun to all of you!

Wow, that was the craziest, funniest and worst race I took part here :roflmao:
Got kicked twice, kicked someone twice because of their penalties. Got penalties for dodging the slowed down cars or accidents. We have luck that this wasn't streamed:laugh:
Mid race I was really mad but after Lars bumped me on the last lap, was totally sorry and got a 30s penalty while I got 6s penalty for flying through the chicane I couldn't take it serious anymore :O_o::roflmao:

Last edited:
Smashed in the back because I slowed down for a corner.
Smashed in the side three times causing me to go off track and collect three 10 second penalties.
A couple of good races with two fair drivers. That was the only good part,
Not what I have come to expect from race department ( that will teach me)

The Race was set to 3 wheels out not 4, as usual, over the last few weeks ive mentioned many many many times about track limits and driving standards,
Now i will be the first to say im sorry if you was the victim of bad driving and was punted off by other drivers. please make a vid as detailed in the rules of RD and send it to me and i will post it in the staff section and it will be dealt with.
But if you lost your lap time by not keeping to track limits im sorry to say you need to adjust your driving and not complain at me or the game..
You had 30 mins of practice and 30 mins of qually to get this correct. from the look of the relays most managed to achieve this.
We have many drivers who never lost a single lap and we not penalized, by the looks of it,
Now when the race started the same rules were in effect, if you ran of the track and kept your foot in you were penalized.
yes it can be a bit crazy in how it deals with it at certain times..
And i hope i will not have to revert back to this again in the settings but i will if i don't see driving standard improve..

So lets see how we drive next week please..
Stick to RD rules, and remember the golden rule. and lets have some good clean racing.

Smashed in the back because I slowed down for a corner.
Smashed in the side three times causing me to go off track and collect three 10 second penalties.
A couple of good races with two fair drivers. That was the only good part,
Not what I have come to expect from race department ( that will teach me)
And many people were cutting turn putting 4 wheels outside the white line.

I don't have PLP but I'm now wondering if it exists precisely because AC does such a crap job of working out when a driver deserves a penalty. Does RD use it at all?

I don't have PLP but I'm now wondering if it exists precisely because AC does such a crap job of working out when a driver deserves a penalty. Does RD use it at all?
keep in mind modded tracks may be to blame for where penalties are assessed and not Assetto Corsa developers.

keep in mind modded tracks may be to blame for where penalties are assessed and not Assetto Corsa developers.

I did test the track before using the 3 wheel rule, and it was still very lenient, and as pointed out by another member you could still drive with all 4 wheels over the white lines. You had to be really riding the curbs or running out wide and gaining a unfair advantage for a penalty to be triggered.
there is a nice gap between the white line and the cubs for the most.
and as i say every week we race to the white/yellow lines around the track, the curbs are not part of the track at RD
I was just amazed at how many of our faster drivers were getting penalties and failing to put a lap time down until they adjusted there driving lines.
And as pointed out by other drivers they never got a single warning the whole night:thumbsup::thumbsup:
i myself lost no laps in practice
and got one slow down in race when i messed up a corner. So i slowed down to 35km off track and carried on

AC default tracks are very strict in the ruling and can hinder the car behind the slowing car..
messing up the final chicane was a issue for some, Solution Slow down and don't ride the curbs so hard.

After watching the reply, i have seen many incidents of poor driving and guys not giving position back you are breaking the Golden Rule:(

You cant just knock a car off track and drive off, i will not stand for this !!!!

it does spam the chat with it and shows when guys go off track or cut corners.

im sorry to say i cant watch every driver for every race on every corner, checking whether he cheated or made a genuine mistake.
But the driver behind and the driver in front can do this. if you see a driver taking advantage of our rules, (cheating) or not following our simple rules you can report them, just make a quick vid ( use your phone if needed) and upload to you tube, make it private and send it to a member of staff
RD RULES
please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident
Only together can we stamp out this kind of behavior.:)

I got black flagged in the race. And I would not really mind if what I've done needed this, but it was not really the case.

I had the warning just before the last chicanes, fair enough I deserved it. I then proceed to stop on the run off (red dot), l lost 3 positions and a handful of seconds when I rejoined the track. But stopping there, even though I lost time and position, has been considered as a cut I guess, as I have been shown the black flag after crossing the line. It's surely a coincidence, but it's harsh and ridiculous

VNYZvWg.jpg

I am definitely not against this kind of cut penalties, as I don't consider myself an abuser. Almost everytime I pass 4 lines over that white line, this is a result of either a mistake (mid corner slide, high entry speed, corner exit oversteer, and so on) which prevent any gain, or during a fight where I step off the gas for some tenth of a second in order to nullify any gain. But, there is going to be some false positive and that is not good.

I am not going into how others feel about the penalties since it's simply impossible.
From my point of view I feel that there was no real problem, in fact I felt it quite lenient. There was several occasions where I tried to hard, to much throttle, different brake point etc that would send me wide in the bend but still I only got two penalties.
First in Mulsanne bend where all four tires was outside of the curb, second when I pushed poor Rasmus through the chicane. I feel really bad about that, Rasmus, please forgive me.
Anyway, I really deserved both penalties and watching the replay this morning I wouldnt have complained if there had been a couple more. for as I said, I did went wide.

Micromanaging every possible incident, either in game or by staff, wouldn't be feasable. The game itself would have to have so many triggers and failsafes that it would be impossible to even run let alone sell! And as someone mentioned, it was a modded track, a great one too!
Having staff looking into every little bend would take so much time and effort that I can't see why anyone would like to take the responsibilty at all.

It is up to us to follow the rules to the best of our abilities, we know the rules and they are the same for all.

Apart from being pushed of track at the start I had a great race, there was no deliberate pushing, divebombing as I noticed, no weaving or blocking that I saw:)

@PfzFantaribo
ok i had a quick look at the replay of your race, on lap 2 you do seem to be cutting the track (right over the curbs second chicane) and running wide on a number of occasions, i see no real lifting of the gas, :( You did drive right across the last chicane at speed after stopping in a attempt to get out in front of the car behind you. You should of waited longer and joined the track safely and correctly.

So please have a look at your replay and your driving of lap 2, :)

i will have another look to see if i missed anything.
here is a replay of the race if you did not manage to save it Click ME

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back