AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Zandvoort - Wednesday April 19, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @Paul Jeffrey for keeping the list up to date again today. Didn't have time at all.

No worries mate :) !

Had some free time between scratching around trying to get someone from one of the dev teams to give me some exciting news to write about... all quiet in the sim racing world atm... #mustbesomethingbrewing

Looking forward to the race tonight, on a track I really don't do well at! Looking forward to visiting that chicane gravel trap more than a few times.... ;)

Good evening,
Sorry but I am obliged to declared forfeit my steering wheel refuses to function it does not light apparently electric power hs. I wish you all a good race and have the next race

Oh my. That was really good race and I didn't even know the track.
9htLB6D.png

@Paul Glover You we're right - just 2 more laps and we would face bumper to bumper. :D I've made some big mistakes at last two laps and it helped You to close the gap. Look at this:
u5QKocB.png

If someone want the results: http://simresults.net/170419-h4q

Well well well, that was somewhat spectacular! Thanks to everyone for the fun tonight, loved it despite my severe lack of circuit / car combo knowledge. Had some great racing for P5 in the end and was just a couple of thousandths away from the fourth at the flag, epic!

Once again I've forgotten the name of the guys who I raced with for ages, but whoever your screen names are... thanks, it was a blast!

Thank you as always @Bram for setting it up, was a spectacular combination :)

Also guys, please get signed up early and lets have another full couple of servers for the next one... Monza baby! - http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...sday-26-april-2017.134838/page-2#post-2456923

Oh boy this was exceptionally good!

I always save my replays but never upload anything. I am thinking to record the replay for this one as it was amazing!
Had zero laps with that car there and couldn't get under mid 2:01 til half the practice. Suddenly i found 3 tenths per lap and sliced it down to somewhere in the 1:59. Was happy with that, although everyone else was drastically improving aswell.
In quali it got even better and with my last lap i could qualify in nearly as best of the second wave as the top 5 or 6 were within 2 tenths. It was really close already. Started from P8

The race was without any major accidents were i was involved, som elight touch there but that was not affecting anything. I could profit from mistakes of other drivers and due to the battles there was a train of 6 or 7 cars. After that there were always tense and close battles with other drivers, at one point i was surprisingly on P4, behind me a train of 5, 6 cars, all battling.

Made some mistakes myself so i dropped to 6 and lost concentration and my rhythm in the middle sector. I only wanted to keep P6. Apparently one or two drivers ran out on fuel so i coudl get P4.
Paul behind me pushed extremely hard in the last laps while beeing under pressure himself. In the end it was a photo finish witha good end for me.

I repeat:

Exceptionally good, close, fair, exciting racing!
Thank you to everyone involved, i hope you had a similar good time! :)
Also thanks for organizing all this!

@Lucanus69 Where can i access such a nice chart?

Great racing, like usual #AbarthyParty delivered action and close fights.

Started first after getting the pole in overtime (sorry about that ^^'), I got a difficult first lap losing the lead and fighting with P3 and P4. Things cleared out with some contacts behind me and I spent 13 laps 1.5/2.5 seconds away from @Simon Hodge before he sadly ran out of fuel.

Thanks for organizing this.

I'd like to thank Roberto Dominici for giving me the place back at the chicane,
But you really need not have, i was so impessed with the speed you went though it, i was quite happy to let you have the place, i swear you were going at least twice my speed

Very nice Race, thank you! This was my first Race and I thought I would be a very fast driver... Nope, was at the back end the whole time :D Didn't matter, had the Race of my life! Time to watch my saved replay to get to know how to go faster :)

Good night everybody! The Replay looks sick!
AbarthyParty_Action1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%