AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Silverstone (Live Stream) - Wednesday March 15, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really looking forward to this race but i don't think i will be able to take part :( Done my back in a few weeks ago and it was so painful... I Think I may have triggered a relapse earlier. Just about got to the PC to send this message. Sorry about this :( Someone can take my place in Room 1. Good Luck with the Broadcast Joseph, and Good luck to all of whom take part :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

I've not tested it but yes, I suspect the race won't require any pit stops.. :) Hope not anyway, I've never done a stop in AC :D

It's extremely tight..on the fuel, don't know about the tyres.

I'll join last minute! Won't be very good but it's for the fun! I'll happily join :D

I will be on TeamSpeak but I do not have a mic so will be listening only.

View attachment 178634
Are you ready to Party with the Abarthy? This Wednesday we are starting with the first of many beginner events for new comers. Are you new to sim racing or do you need help to get comfortable online? This is your event.

Time to install Teamspeak and join the fun online while you enjoy the banter. Ask as many questions about simracing as you like and don't be afraid. The worst thing that can happen is that become a better drivers :) #AbarthyParty

Wait? What is this?
For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of Assetto Corsa, keyboard, console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver.

Make sure to be on time and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the practice. This is the longest session of almost an hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wives, girlfriends, mom in time.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (Teamspeak is mandatory for this event :thumbsup:)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU #1 & RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU #2
Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse DLC Dreampack #3 needed
Track:
Silverstone National

Practice: 19:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 20:20 GMT (30 minutes)

Server 1 Entry List
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller (Ask him anything)
  2. Jimlaad43
  3. makan
  4. Allan Ramsbottom
  5. Ross Garland
  6. xnorb
  7. samcar304
  8. terrazi
  9. Benutzername
  10. Joao C Nunes
  11. Alírio Rego
  12. Keith Joyce
  13. Hamed
  14. igwigg
  15. Schwud Nelsh
  16. Kek700
  17. Joerg Baermann
  18. quicksilver384
  19. Haris82
  20. Gopher04
  21. Kid_TaBo
  22. saeed
  23. Footwork84
  24. Joseph Wright
Server 2 Entry List
  1. Bram (Ask him anything)
  2. Peter Stearn
  3. Keith Gregg
  4. Urlauber
  5. Simon Hodge
  6. Fabrizio
  7. PietervE8
  8. mikey79
  9. Adrian Gibson
  10. Paul Jeffrey
  11. SenseR
  12. Alex Townsend
  13. Ruben De Wulf
  14. skipajz
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP #85
**** it.

I havent played a racing game for nearly a year. I just lost interest because my wheel is so horrible and it takes away the fun. Realised how bad it is after i had some on track action. Felt so empty.

Still not in a place where i could afford a better one, but hey, Rookie Race and it was fun in the past aswell so...

1y premium and let's go again.

-

I am in. Still don't have a proper microphone but i think i have a solution for that using my mobile phone

The first laps were absolutely amazing, a pack of 7 or 8 cars with 3 cars side by side on the straight. No contact, wonderful.

Few laps later there was contact, just a racing incident, a bit sad to have to leave this amazing pack of cars but after that we still had nice fights with 2 and 3 cars.

Was really fun!
Thanks to everyone.

Some of the conversation was a bit dubious, but the racing was fantastic! ;) Had some lovely battles with various people for the first 20 minutes or so, very close, very clean, then settled into 4th all the way to the finish. Really enjoyed it. Congrats to the podium and thanks to everyone for taking part! See you again soon, guys! :thumbsup:

Thanks for setting up the race @Bram that was amazing fun :)

Quali was super close (less than 0.013 between @Fabrizio for the pole, then got jumped at the lights by @SenseR and proceeded to have 30 full minutes of clean, hard and fair racing with @SenseR that was quite simply out of the world :) Brilliant driving mate, THAT is exactly why I go sim racing.... :thumbsup::cool:

Congrats to @Fabrizio for a faultless and fast race and big congrats to everyone for some really good and close, clean racing throughout the field :) I think quali was split over just over 1 1/2 seconds, which for a rookie race is incredible!

This is in my opinion the start of something big, it's been incredible and will only get better!

Don't forget guys, the thread is up already for the next race at Nurbs (http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...g-live-stream-wednesday-march-22-2017.133144/ so lets please make it another full house and another great nights racing :)

I always thought these cars should be one of the best for racing in AC, and I was right :roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%