AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Red Bull National - Wednesday 10 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
  • Deleted member 239150

Be warned gents, we don't quite have enough fuel under normal driving conditions to finish the race, so you may need to make a stop if you want to.... set your strategy in the pits, or run the gauntlet and see if you can save enough to finish the race.... :)

Sorry!

• Deleted member 239150

Attention to driver using name Colofsafc. Please use real name in game otherwise you will not be able to participate in future events. Also TeamSpeak use is mandatory fella, please ensure you are logged into the voice chat service.

I have messaged you several times in game and will be forced to kick you from the race if your name isn't amended to a real name before race start.

Thank you and sorry.

Paul

Be warned gents, we don't quite have enough fuel under normal driving conditions to finish the race, so you may need to make a stop if you want to.... set your strategy in the pits, or run the gauntlet and see if you can save enough to finish the race.... :)

Sorry!
I love how every other thread about the races is like "mandatory pit stop? - nope", "faster car? - nope", "setups? - nope".
But we need to go full strategic with the throttle or do a last lap pit stop :p
I don't care for that, so no complaining here! I just find it hilarious that this little abarth has about 1 litre too less fuel and therefore every race get's a hilarious ending :roflmao::thumbsup::D

I love how every other thread about the races is like "mandatory pit stop? - nope", "faster car? - nope", "setups? - nope".
But we need to go full strategic with the throttle or do a last lap pit stop :p
I don't care for that, so no complaining here! I just find it hilarious that this little abarth has about 1 litre too less fuel and therefore every race get's a hilarious ending :roflmao::thumbsup::D

lol yeah it has been a little unfortunate in a couple of races :) However the issue has been resolved for this one, so the car (should) be good to the end :)

Wow i did better then expected. Was nice to not fly of the track for ones :d Had some battles, and for my feeling it kept my line and kept it clean. Hope others agree.

What i kidna hate is when Im drving my line and someone comes between me and my apex.... this is not the way to do it anyway? then I can pass anyone every corner.

Awesome race! Look at those graphs!
jmlIi4m.png
ZYmvkri.png

Thank you guys for tonight, hope everyone had a good time :)

Had to retire after a couple of laps and sit in the pits for a bit, stupid throttle decided it didn't want to give me full power... need to look at fixing that asap!

Anyway, Zandvoort next up and only 18 slots on the grid, so act quick! - Sign up HERE

Attention to driver using name Colofsafc. Please use real name in game otherwise you will not be able to participate in future events. Also TeamSpeak use is mandatory fella, please ensure you are logged into the voice chat service.

I have messaged you several times in game and will be forced to kick you from the race if your name isn't amended to a real name before race start.

Thank you and sorry.

Paul
No problem, realised when I got kicked out of qualifying, just something I forgot to do:(. (I am new to on line racing). Have it sorted now (I THINK). Had a problem with teamspeak tonight for some reason, will get it sorted for next time. Thanks it was a good race.

Very nices race!

Started 18 and I was 10 after the first laps :D:D:D :whistling:.

@Eddy_J1 Great battle from the begining to the end ;);)
Yeah absolutely insane battle dude, if I was you i'd have spun out from the pressure I was putting on :D Just managed to get you at the end :p

Can I just say, not specifically aimed at anyone but a hell of a lot of people were abusing track limits lap after lap, this is meant to be fair racing, if you go off track so much from carrying a lot more speed then you should roll off and try even the gap again

No problem, realised when I got kicked out of qualifying, just something I forgot to do:(. (I am new to on line racing). Have it sorted now (I THINK). Had a problem with teamspeak tonight for some reason, will get it sorted for next time. Thanks it was a good race.

Glad its sorted matey, thank you for doing it so quickly! One of the guys crashed into you in quali on purpose to try and get you to enter the in game chat to rant and see my messages :D

All good in the end and really glad you made it :) Welcome to online racing and please give us a shout up if you need any help with anything (settings and stuff etc).

Cheers !

Glad its sorted matey, thank you for doing it so quickly! One of the guys crashed into you in quali on purpose to try and get you to enter the in game chat to rant and see my messages :D

All good in the end and really glad you made it :) Welcome to online racing and please give us a shout up if you need any help with anything (settings and stuff etc).

Cheers !
Thanks, will do. :thumbsup:

What i kidna hate is when Im drving my line and someone comes between me and my apex.... this is not the way to do it anyway? then I can pass anyone every corner.
EDIT: Found the site that helped me when I was new to racing: LINK
Well the rules for that are the following as far I know:
If the overtaking car has its front wheels next to your rear wheels you are not allowed to cut him. If the wheels are not in that position you are!
Also: to prevent the car behind you to do that you can drive on the inside. Yes, your lap time will be slower, but you won't get overtaken. You can see that on every "epic F1 fight"-video on youtube.
The problem with this is when you cut the other car, you will probably both spin out :( Then you will get a sorry or you can report the other driver. Not very nice, but that is how it works ...I think.

So when you say "I can overtake everyone like that": try it! :) You will get blocked or getting spun out. Or will be getting accused of dive bombing :p
OR you will be successful :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah absolutely insane battle dude, if I was you i'd have spun out from the pressure I was putting on :D Just managed to get you at the end :p

Can I just say, not specifically aimed at anyone but a hell of a lot of people were abusing track limits lap after lap, this is meant to be fair racing, if you go off track so much from carrying a lot more speed then you should roll off and try even the gap again

I agree and disagree at the same time Yes, it happend, mainly in practice and qualifying (during the race I did not see a lot of track limits being abused).

But, the only corner where you can actually gain some time is the second to last corner. In fact, I'm always using a live delta widget and I did see that going wide on the first and last corner is actually slower.

Anyway, great racing with @BrianUK, the gap was more or less 2 second during the whole race. It's different than fighting and switching position, but much more tense and difficult, in my opinion. Looking forward for the next event ! :)

I agree and disagree at the same time Yes, it happend, mainly in practice and qualifying (during the race I did not see a lot of track limits being abused).

But, the only corner where you can actually gain some time is the second to last corner. In fact, I'm always using a live delta widget and I did see that going wide on the first and last corner is actually slower.

Anyway, great racing with @BrianUK, the gap was more or less 2 second during the whole race. It's different than fighting and switching position, but much more tense and difficult, in my opinion. Looking forward for the next event ! :)

I'm of the same opinion - I didn't see any worrying track limits abuse, and if you ran wide at T1/T6 you lost any time you gained anyway. There were a couple of times I missed my braking and ran wide at T1 and went up 0.15 on my delta, which then quickly went and left me down by a tenth or so by the braking point for T2. It's the same gig at T6 (final turn) where any overspeed was quickly rubbed off and you carried that speed penalty all the way up the straight.

@PfzFantaribo had a great time chasing you, even though we never really got any closer xD. There was a moment when you got a little held up by a backmarker and I though I'd found my chance as the gap dropped to 1.5s, but other than that we were too evenly matched. I missed a gear at the start of the race which cost me time immediately and left me defending for a couple of laps, but I'm not going to dwell on it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%